There are actually quite a few pairs in the FS section that are <$350. In fact if you're patient amazon warehouse deals might have them again for $280, which was where I got mine a week ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/17/17 at 9:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
When I first started looking for a pair of CIEMs, I was determined to find the best one in the $1000 region that would serve me equally well for everyday listening as well as stage use (I play in a...
Hi Head-Fi’ers! I’ve waited quite a bit long to use SuperMini and obtain its possible rival players at the same time (like Sony A15 and the new A35). I came across SuperMini a few months ago,...
Introduction Sennheiser HD800S is the successor to HD800 - one of the greatest headphones ever made. HD800 was the first headphone to actually WOW me hard...
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1139
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Got a good chuckle out of this. Maybe we can get have our dedicated HD650 thread back?
Oh I won't be, but a HD600 on a nice tube amp sounds damn good. However, I prefer the HD650 sound paired with solid state better.
T______________________________________T I've finally come across the money to get a pair of HD650s and lo and behold, they shoot right back to $500 by the time I'm ready to buy a pair and my plane ticket back home shot up $150 making the purchase impossible. *sigh* now what to do, what to do. I need a new headphone too (my M50's kicked the bucket about a month ago.
Try RazorDog Audio. The owner is a member here, and will often do quiet deals. Reach out to him. And yes, he's an authorized Senn dealer...
How big a difference would it be moving on from Modi/Vali to Bitfrost/Crack with Speedball? Even now I'm having a hard time to get anything productive done after I turn the music on. My coffee has turned cold again..
I get the same with my ODAC/O2. I should use a Thermos flask.
The ONLY product I've been faithful to is the hd650, period. It's the only piece of gear that I purchased and haven't sold. And the truth is, if I had to sell it to be able to get a Stax setup...then I'd sell it. If I don't sell the Crack, it wouldn't bother me in the least. It would just mean that I would have to pass on one of the new planars that I want to try out.
Glad I gave you a chuckle though.
Agreed; got my HD600 from there and shipping was fast. Thought I had a problem with the headphone itself, but ended up not. Needless to say, emailing Brian got a response back very quick (less than 24 hours).
It depends on the sound you're looking to get. The Modi and Vali probably balance each other out, probably. The Modi is fairly bright, so any warmth the Vali brings to the table is going to nearly be counter-acted by the Modi. Matt would be perfect on telling you how the Birfost+Crack combo is, though.
I find some of the superlux HD668B vs HD650 comments disturbing:
I also happen to have Sennheiser HD650 so I'm not totally alien to higher quality headphones. While HD650 does have more air in their presentation (music seems to be "far") than Superlux, I still like the frequency response of Superlux more. HD650 has slightly worse bass and roll-off of highs is starting to get very obvious when you get used to more tonally balanced sound.
Call me crazy, but I recently packed my HD650 back to it's retail box on top of my bookshelf. Seriously thinking if I should sell them or just keep them for another pair of different sound.
Just sold my HD650's because of them. For 1/10th of the cost I've got (to my ears) better mid/high performance, separation of instruments/vocals, insight into music, clamping force (as in less for my BIG old head!!) and less worry about damaging them.
As good as the best? Not sure, but now I don't want to find out.
Bear in mind i could have had the superlux for less than 35$!
Can I ask you what you prefer about solid-state? I've been looking towards valve amplification in my desire to sample the "next level" but most options involve importation and I'd prefer to give Wastemonster as little of my money as possible. There's also the inherent fragility of valves to consider.
Can a solid-state amp be a real step-up from my O2? What would you recommend and, if you don't mind, why?
Edited by Solrighal - 4/24/14 at 10:01am
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › B&O H7 Bluetooth Discussion and Impressions 18 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 2 minutes ago
- › DENAFRIPS 'ARES' R2R discrete ladder DAC - close up view 5 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 5 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear