Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1139

post #17071 of 19535

your card should be fine to drive the hd650's.  As far as 600 or 650, close call.  I almost went with the 600s but after much thought glad I went with the 650s.  They are so easy to listen to.  I spend a couple of hours in the morning and the same at nite listening to them.  Never tire of them.  I purchased a hybrid amp, the Ember and love it.  Had it built, rolled in several tubes until I found just what suited me.  Changed opamps in the Essence stx and now amd quite happy.  You really can't go wrong with either headphone.

post #17072 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by cddc View Post
 

 

hd650 is quite bassy. i am currently very satisfied with hd650's bass.

 

I never had hd558, but i heard hd650 is way better than hd598 even without amplification. i think hd558 should be the same case.

 

the xonar in your signature should be good enough to hear the improvement over hd558

 

I agree with this.  My DT770s are there when I need a good bit of bass.  Still, the HD650 does a VERY good job on bass for all kinds of music.  The only thing I've heard to date that puts everything but a subwoofer to shame are the D7000.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post
 

It's supposed to drive headphones up to like 300 ohms, people say the Q701 is harder to drive than the HD600 series, and it works just fine for me. I even have a receiver I can use with the 650's if needed. I enjoy doing a lot of research on 'phones before I buy them, and I'm still trying to see if the HD600 will suit me better than the 650's. 

 

One thing that keeps me from ditching the HD650 and going for a HD600 and tube amp is the fact that the HD650 simply has better extension.  Along with bass impact, the HD650 edges out the HD600 in bass extension as well, which once you hear among the two, is hard to unhear.  The HD600 are going to be more relative to your K701.  Maybe a hair more bass, but a little less airiness.  I have a feeling a HD600 is going to either make you hate your K701, or make you realize you don't like the HD600 and praise your K701 that much more.

 

At the same time, a very nice tube amp matched with your K701 would make for a very hefty HD650 comptetitor.

post #17073 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cddc View Post
 

 

hd650 is quite bassy. i am currently very satisfied with hd650's bass.

 

I never had hd558, but i heard hd650 is way better than hd598 even without amplification. i think hd558 should be the same case.

 

the xonar in your signature should be good enough to hear the improvement over hd558

 

I agree with this.  My DT770s are there when I need a good bit of bass.  Still, the HD650 does a VERY good job on bass for all kinds of music.  The only thing I've heard to date that puts everything but a subwoofer to shame are the D7000.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzziekiwi View Post
 

It's supposed to drive headphones up to like 300 ohms, people say the Q701 is harder to drive than the HD600 series, and it works just fine for me. I even have a receiver I can use with the 650's if needed. I enjoy doing a lot of research on 'phones before I buy them, and I'm still trying to see if the HD600 will suit me better than the 650's. 

 

One thing that keeps me from ditching the HD650 and going for a HD600 and tube amp is the fact that the HD650 simply has better extension.  Along with bass impact, the HD650 edges out the HD600 in bass extension as well, which once you hear among the two, is hard to unhear.  The HD600 are going to be more relative to your K701.  Maybe a hair more bass, but a little less airiness.  I have a feeling a HD600 is going to either make you hate your K701, or make you realize you don't like the HD600 and praise your K701 that much more.

 

At the same time, a very nice tube amp matched with your K701 would make for a very hefty HD650 comptetitor.

You shouldn't ditch HD650 but getting a tube amp to drive is the way to go

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
post #17074 of 19535
T______________________________________T I've finally come across the money to get a pair of HD650s and lo and behold, they shoot right back to $500 by the time I'm ready to buy a pair and my plane ticket back home shot up $150 making the purchase impossible. *sigh* now what to do, what to do. I need a new headphone too (my M50's kicked the bucket about a month ago.
post #17075 of 19535

There are actually quite a few pairs in the FS section that are <$350. In fact if you're patient amazon warehouse deals might have them again for $280, which was where I got mine a week ago.

post #17076 of 19535
Maybe! I think the longest I could probably hold out is a few weeks. I'll be home by then and I've been too long without a headphone.
post #17077 of 19535

They might as well rename the speedball to get this or else.

post #17078 of 19535

You can find some pretty good deals for HD 650's on ebay. I bought mine used "like new" for a little over $300 US,

two weeks ago

post #17079 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

I have my crack w/sb and upgraded caps FS if any has interest pm me. 

 

You have to be kidding me...

 

You might want to delete the 1857 posts about how "end game" the crack w/ speedball...

 

Got a good chuckle out of this. Maybe we can get have our dedicated HD650 thread back? ;)

post #17080 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

You shouldn't ditch HD650 but getting a tube amp to drive is the way to go

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Oh I won't be, but a HD600 on a nice tube amp sounds damn good. However, I prefer the HD650 sound paired with solid state better.
post #17081 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Dawk20 View Post

T______________________________________T I've finally come across the money to get a pair of HD650s and lo and behold, they shoot right back to $500 by the time I'm ready to buy a pair and my plane ticket back home shot up $150 making the purchase impossible. *sigh* now what to do, what to do. I need a new headphone too (my M50's kicked the bucket about a month ago.

 

Try RazorDog Audio.  The owner is a member here, and will often do quiet deals.  Reach out to him.  And yes, he's an authorized Senn dealer...

post #17082 of 19535

How big a difference would it be moving on from Modi/Vali to Bitfrost/Crack with Speedball? Even now I'm having a hard time to get anything productive done after I turn the music on. My coffee has turned cold again.. 

post #17083 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zojokkeli View Post

How big a difference would it be moving on from Modi/Vali to Bitfrost/Crack with Speedball? Even now I'm having a hard time to get anything productive done after I turn the music on. My coffee has turned cold again.. 

I get the same with my ODAC/O2. I should use a Thermos flask.
post #17084 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by olor1n View Post
 

 

Got a good chuckle out of this. Maybe we can get have our dedicated HD650 thread back? ;)

 

The ONLY product I've been faithful to is the hd650, period. It's the only piece of gear that I purchased and haven't sold.  And the truth is, if I had to sell it to be able to get a Stax setup...then I'd sell it. If I don't sell the Crack, it wouldn't bother me in the least. It would just mean that I would have to pass on one of the new planars that I want to try out. 

 

Glad I gave you a chuckle though. ;)

post #17085 of 19535
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zojokkeli View Post

My coffee has turned cold again.. 

Ha! This has happened to me so many times smily_headphones1.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread