There are actually quite a few pairs in the FS section that are <$350. In fact if you're patient amazon warehouse deals might have them again for $280, which was where I got mine a week ago.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Yesterday at 11:37 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
I am lucky. Very lucky. As I listened last Sunday to the i5, not only did we have the first good (not hard, but good) freeze of the Fall, but since I had been up since just before sunrise, I was...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out the Bluetooth version of Mee Audio's classic budget earphone, the M9B. Mee Audio, formerly MEElectronics, has been around since 2005 and is...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1139
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Got a good chuckle out of this. Maybe we can get have our dedicated HD650 thread back?
Oh I won't be, but a HD600 on a nice tube amp sounds damn good. However, I prefer the HD650 sound paired with solid state better.
T______________________________________T I've finally come across the money to get a pair of HD650s and lo and behold, they shoot right back to $500 by the time I'm ready to buy a pair and my plane ticket back home shot up $150 making the purchase impossible. *sigh* now what to do, what to do. I need a new headphone too (my M50's kicked the bucket about a month ago.
Try RazorDog Audio. The owner is a member here, and will often do quiet deals. Reach out to him. And yes, he's an authorized Senn dealer...
How big a difference would it be moving on from Modi/Vali to Bitfrost/Crack with Speedball? Even now I'm having a hard time to get anything productive done after I turn the music on. My coffee has turned cold again..
I get the same with my ODAC/O2. I should use a Thermos flask.
The ONLY product I've been faithful to is the hd650, period. It's the only piece of gear that I purchased and haven't sold. And the truth is, if I had to sell it to be able to get a Stax setup...then I'd sell it. If I don't sell the Crack, it wouldn't bother me in the least. It would just mean that I would have to pass on one of the new planars that I want to try out.
Glad I gave you a chuckle though.
Agreed; got my HD600 from there and shipping was fast. Thought I had a problem with the headphone itself, but ended up not. Needless to say, emailing Brian got a response back very quick (less than 24 hours).
It depends on the sound you're looking to get. The Modi and Vali probably balance each other out, probably. The Modi is fairly bright, so any warmth the Vali brings to the table is going to nearly be counter-acted by the Modi. Matt would be perfect on telling you how the Birfost+Crack combo is, though.
I find some of the superlux HD668B vs HD650 comments disturbing:
I also happen to have Sennheiser HD650 so I'm not totally alien to higher quality headphones. While HD650 does have more air in their presentation (music seems to be "far") than Superlux, I still like the frequency response of Superlux more. HD650 has slightly worse bass and roll-off of highs is starting to get very obvious when you get used to more tonally balanced sound.
Call me crazy, but I recently packed my HD650 back to it's retail box on top of my bookshelf. Seriously thinking if I should sell them or just keep them for another pair of different sound.
Just sold my HD650's because of them. For 1/10th of the cost I've got (to my ears) better mid/high performance, separation of instruments/vocals, insight into music, clamping force (as in less for my BIG old head!!) and less worry about damaging them.
As good as the best? Not sure, but now I don't want to find out.
Bear in mind i could have had the superlux for less than 35$!
Can I ask you what you prefer about solid-state? I've been looking towards valve amplification in my desire to sample the "next level" but most options involve importation and I'd prefer to give Wastemonster as little of my money as possible. There's also the inherent fragility of valves to consider.
Can a solid-state amp be a real step-up from my O2? What would you recommend and, if you don't mind, why?
Edited by Solrighal - 4/24/14 at 10:01am
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Astell&Kern AK380 3 seconds ago
- › DX200 The style has been chosen by your votes. Details of design... 22 seconds ago
- › The Next Step After VModa M-100 28 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 43 seconds ago
- › I need a headphone suggestion 1 minute ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 1 minute ago
- › Astell&Kern XB10 Extreme Bluetooth Adapter 1 minute ago
- › Head-Fi Basshead IEM thread (lists page 1) 2 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 3 minutes ago
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › EarSonics Velvet by SeeSax
- › Tony Bennett TBSE1 Signature Edition Headphone - Black/Silver by DJ The Rocket
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear