- 3,101 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Location: Delaware
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 4/4/16 at 6:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 3/20/16 at 11:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
At the time of the review, the Unique Melody Miracle V2 was was on sale at Musicteck’s online store. Although the model I am reviewing today is not currently listed, Musicteck is currently...
Quick Review : I bought them for casual listening and mixing and mastering purpose. I'm not disappointed by the sound signature. Things I'd like to stay the way they are: 1. frequency...
I have previously given a positive review for the Philips SHE3590, a cheap IEM that sounds good. I purchased the Philips SHE3595 because it looks like the SHE3590, has a microphone and it was...
Introduction – This is getting ridiculous, with a $5 RRP, the VE Monk+ is cheaper than most cables. The VE Monk+ is an update to the highly regarded VE Monk, one of the most awarded and most...
Background I first came across Rhapsodio, a boutique IEM maker based in Hong Kong, back in May 2013. I purchased their RDB+ v1 hybrid then, which is rather fun-sounding. After a year or so, I...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1139
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There are actually quite a few pairs in the FS section that are <$350. In fact if you're patient amazon warehouse deals might have them again for $280, which was where I got mine a week ago.
Got a good chuckle out of this. Maybe we can get have our dedicated HD650 thread back?
Oh I won't be, but a HD600 on a nice tube amp sounds damn good. However, I prefer the HD650 sound paired with solid state better.
T______________________________________T I've finally come across the money to get a pair of HD650s and lo and behold, they shoot right back to $500 by the time I'm ready to buy a pair and my plane ticket back home shot up $150 making the purchase impossible. *sigh* now what to do, what to do. I need a new headphone too (my M50's kicked the bucket about a month ago.
Try RazorDog Audio. The owner is a member here, and will often do quiet deals. Reach out to him. And yes, he's an authorized Senn dealer...
How big a difference would it be moving on from Modi/Vali to Bitfrost/Crack with Speedball? Even now I'm having a hard time to get anything productive done after I turn the music on. My coffee has turned cold again..
I get the same with my ODAC/O2. I should use a Thermos flask.
The ONLY product I've been faithful to is the hd650, period. It's the only piece of gear that I purchased and haven't sold. And the truth is, if I had to sell it to be able to get a Stax setup...then I'd sell it. If I don't sell the Crack, it wouldn't bother me in the least. It would just mean that I would have to pass on one of the new planars that I want to try out.
Glad I gave you a chuckle though.
Agreed; got my HD600 from there and shipping was fast. Thought I had a problem with the headphone itself, but ended up not. Needless to say, emailing Brian got a response back very quick (less than 24 hours).
It depends on the sound you're looking to get. The Modi and Vali probably balance each other out, probably. The Modi is fairly bright, so any warmth the Vali brings to the table is going to nearly be counter-acted by the Modi. Matt would be perfect on telling you how the Birfost+Crack combo is, though.
I find some of the superlux HD668B vs HD650 comments disturbing:
I also happen to have Sennheiser HD650 so I'm not totally alien to higher quality headphones. While HD650 does have more air in their presentation (music seems to be "far") than Superlux, I still like the frequency response of Superlux more. HD650 has slightly worse bass and roll-off of highs is starting to get very obvious when you get used to more tonally balanced sound.
Call me crazy, but I recently packed my HD650 back to it's retail box on top of my bookshelf. Seriously thinking if I should sell them or just keep them for another pair of different sound.
Just sold my HD650's because of them. For 1/10th of the cost I've got (to my ears) better mid/high performance, separation of instruments/vocals, insight into music, clamping force (as in less for my BIG old head!!) and less worry about damaging them.
As good as the best? Not sure, but now I don't want to find out.
Bear in mind i could have had the superlux for less than 35$!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 27 seconds ago
- › iPhone 6s Sound Quality 38 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 1 minute ago
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 DAC 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 2 minutes ago
- › Bluetooth 2.1+EDR and expensive wireless headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Recommendations 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by ryanjsoo
- › Rhapsodio Galaxy by taz23
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by vapman
- › Rhapsodio Solar by ezekiel77
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by twister6
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by Stereocilia
- › Edifier M710 On-Ear Headphones with Mic and Volume Control - Red by Nymphonomaniac
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse