- 2,822 Posts. Joined 12/2009
- Location: Delaware
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 5/14/15 at 9:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 5/19/15 at 5:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 5/26/15 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1139
Gear mentioned in this thread:
There are actually quite a few pairs in the FS section that are <$350. In fact if you're patient amazon warehouse deals might have them again for $280, which was where I got mine a week ago.
Got a good chuckle out of this. Maybe we can get have our dedicated HD650 thread back?
Oh I won't be, but a HD600 on a nice tube amp sounds damn good. However, I prefer the HD650 sound paired with solid state better.
T______________________________________T I've finally come across the money to get a pair of HD650s and lo and behold, they shoot right back to $500 by the time I'm ready to buy a pair and my plane ticket back home shot up $150 making the purchase impossible. *sigh* now what to do, what to do. I need a new headphone too (my M50's kicked the bucket about a month ago.
Try RazorDog Audio. The owner is a member here, and will often do quiet deals. Reach out to him. And yes, he's an authorized Senn dealer...
How big a difference would it be moving on from Modi/Vali to Bitfrost/Crack with Speedball? Even now I'm having a hard time to get anything productive done after I turn the music on. My coffee has turned cold again..
I get the same with my ODAC/O2. I should use a Thermos flask.
The ONLY product I've been faithful to is the hd650, period. It's the only piece of gear that I purchased and haven't sold. And the truth is, if I had to sell it to be able to get a Stax setup...then I'd sell it. If I don't sell the Crack, it wouldn't bother me in the least. It would just mean that I would have to pass on one of the new planars that I want to try out.
Glad I gave you a chuckle though.
Agreed; got my HD600 from there and shipping was fast. Thought I had a problem with the headphone itself, but ended up not. Needless to say, emailing Brian got a response back very quick (less than 24 hours).
It depends on the sound you're looking to get. The Modi and Vali probably balance each other out, probably. The Modi is fairly bright, so any warmth the Vali brings to the table is going to nearly be counter-acted by the Modi. Matt would be perfect on telling you how the Birfost+Crack combo is, though.
I find some of the superlux HD668B vs HD650 comments disturbing:
I also happen to have Sennheiser HD650 so I'm not totally alien to higher quality headphones. While HD650 does have more air in their presentation (music seems to be "far") than Superlux, I still like the frequency response of Superlux more. HD650 has slightly worse bass and roll-off of highs is starting to get very obvious when you get used to more tonally balanced sound.
Call me crazy, but I recently packed my HD650 back to it's retail box on top of my bookshelf. Seriously thinking if I should sell them or just keep them for another pair of different sound.
Just sold my HD650's because of them. For 1/10th of the cost I've got (to my ears) better mid/high performance, separation of instruments/vocals, insight into music, clamping force (as in less for my BIG old head!!) and less worry about damaging them.
As good as the best? Not sure, but now I don't want to find out.
Bear in mind i could have had the superlux for less than 35$!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › DUNU DN-2000J -- More Than Evolution? 1 minute ago
- › Sony MDR-7506 2 minutes ago
- › Dubstep Girl's Massive 5AR4/5R4/5U4G Rectifier Review/Comparison!... 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Golden Ears challenge 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma kinda sucks, just... 5 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 5 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06A - A New Winner 7 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 8 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2