- 4,173 Posts. Joined 1/2005
- Location: Provence, France
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/17/17 at 9:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction Sennheiser HD650 is one of the (seemingly) consecrated headphones made by Sennheiser as an upgrade (update?) to their well received model, HD600. HD600 has been...
I finally took the plunge and got these. It's amazing how TOTL IEMS can sound so different. Bass: Tight and full. Tip dependent. With the triple flanges thought my head was going to blow off. I...
The original iDSD Micro stood out from the competition as an all-in-one replacement for the most discerning listeners' setups. The original iDSD Micro delivered - I had one, but as I started to not...
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1118
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Enjoying my coffee this fine morning before work....listening to disc 1 of Joe B. An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House, Live with my HD650 and Mad Ear....pretty impressive stuff.
Tyson and Holyfield are now good friends.
Holyfield was in financial difficulties not long ago and tried to market his own BBQ sauce...Tyson came to his aid and in one of the promo's - Tyson said something like "I spat out his ear...but if I had this BBQ sauce...". I thought that was great...two gladiators that were fierce enemies grow old together as good friends.
And of course, the HD650 is a great headphone...
I wouldn't buy Cardas solder off eBay. No guarantee you are getting the real thing.
I've just got back from a three mile morning walk with two dogs, an SGN3/E18 & HD650's. We live in the sticks, literally no-one for miles. The E18 does a fair job of driving these headphones. Volume @ 7, low gain, bass boost - if ya' feel lucky - on. I think I'm really beginning to appreciate how fast these are, they're rhythmic & timing abilities are frankly awesome to my ears.
I only have two negatives...
1. I'd be incredibly self-conscious wearing them in public as portables.
2. I can also hear Emmerdale.
well you have to work on that. I could wear a rose headphone and wouldnt give a ****.
One of my friend is so ceoncern about his look, even ath m50 concerned him.
Do you guys adjust the EQ while listening on your HD650s? While they're lovely to listen to, I find the hyped low-mid range severely takes the focus off more engaging sounds of higher frequencies unless i'm listening at a lower level, or could this simply be due to me not having a proper headphone amplifier? Are there amps out there which hype certain frequencies?
To be honest I don't want to adjust EQ at all for this amount of money, i'd like them to have a distinct, enjoyable sound which I can enjoy music/reference music on.
yeah, you need a amp with the hd 650. no amp = bad sound
It's not something I'll be working on. We found a house in the country and only very occasionally get into town. This is a good thing, for all concerned.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Meier Corda StageDAC (Black) 11 seconds ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 17 seconds ago
- › Need help with choosing Dac/amp for AKG K712 Pro 25 seconds ago
- › Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Review: Questyle Audio QP1R - With Multiple Headphone and IEM... 3 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Refurbished Audeze LCD-2's (Bamboo and Microsuede) and Schiit... 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear