- 1,229 Posts. Joined 3/2008
- Location: Los Angeles, California
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Circumaural travel headphones (Alternatives to the PXC450) Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:46pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can mid-fi be too good? Last post on Today at 7:10 am in Headphones (full-size)
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1118
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thanks a lot, skeptic and smallmany. Good to hear that regular lead rosin core solder is sufficient. I am not too familiar with the soldering material, so my initial thought was "do i need to find some silver solder so that it might sound better"...lol
I find one YouTube clip from InnerFidelity, where Tyll briefly introduces how to build up the BH Crack: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5rWCEux_BI
Edited by cddc - 4/10/14 at 11:36pm
I agree. It would be weird to see someone out and about with 650's on. Not to mention people around you would hear your music almost as clearly as you did.
if you want to make life really easy, buy some leaded cardas eutectic solder. it skips a stage changing from liquid to solid and helps avoid cold joints (where the solder makes a physical but not an electrical connection.) that said, any 40 percent lead rosin core solder is very easy to work with if you have a high watt iron or soldering station. I had used an iron once before attempting my crack and had 0 issues with cold joints. a YouTube video or two will teach you everything you need.
+1 on the cardas eutectic solder its a quality product and easy to use. One meters worth off of ebay will be plenty for a Crack+Speedball.
I've just got back from a three mile morning walk with two dogs, an SGN3/E18 & HD650's. We live in the sticks, literally no-one for miles. The E18 does a fair job of driving these headphones. Volume @ 7, low gain, bass boost - if ya' feel lucky - on. I think I'm really beginning to appreciate how fast these are, they're rhythmic & timing abilities are frankly awesome to my ears.
I only have two negatives...
1. I'd be incredibly self-conscious wearing them in public as portables.
2. I can also hear Emmerdale.
Enjoying my coffee this fine morning before work....listening to disc 1 of Joe B. An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House, Live with my HD650 and Mad Ear....pretty impressive stuff.
Tyson and Holyfield are now good friends.
Holyfield was in financial difficulties not long ago and tried to market his own BBQ sauce...Tyson came to his aid and in one of the promo's - Tyson said something like "I spat out his ear...but if I had this BBQ sauce...". I thought that was great...two gladiators that were fierce enemies grow old together as good friends.
And of course, the HD650 is a great headphone...
I wouldn't buy Cardas solder off eBay. No guarantee you are getting the real thing.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 16 seconds ago
- › Home Audiophile Setup Advise Required 35 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Bose Sues Beats for Patent Infringement 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 2 minutes ago
- › HE-400 vs HD650 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 3 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)