- 4,112 Posts. Joined 1/2005
- Location: Provence, France
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 9:09 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Vibro Labs - Maya Review November 2016 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Firstly a thanks to Ejong7 & Luke Pighetti @ Vibro labs for...
The Tri-Vista 21 was a limited edition DAC sold in late 2004, early 2005. It was massively overbuilt - great power supply and output stage, and ran extremely long life 5703 milspec tubes, which are...
This headphone has a quite good sound quality for its price. Its sound is very clear, the mids and highs are well detailled. The bass is tight but some recordings sound lacking bass. It needed a...
Gratitude and greetings go out to RHA Team and @Glassmonkey - thank you so much for giving me the...
Recently got ordered these Mee AudioRunaway on-ear headphones as I had some wellness program points that were going to expire. I have had the MEE audio M-Duo Dual Dynamic Driver In-Ear Headphones...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1118
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Enjoying my coffee this fine morning before work....listening to disc 1 of Joe B. An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House, Live with my HD650 and Mad Ear....pretty impressive stuff.
Tyson and Holyfield are now good friends.
Holyfield was in financial difficulties not long ago and tried to market his own BBQ sauce...Tyson came to his aid and in one of the promo's - Tyson said something like "I spat out his ear...but if I had this BBQ sauce...". I thought that was great...two gladiators that were fierce enemies grow old together as good friends.
And of course, the HD650 is a great headphone...
I wouldn't buy Cardas solder off eBay. No guarantee you are getting the real thing.
I've just got back from a three mile morning walk with two dogs, an SGN3/E18 & HD650's. We live in the sticks, literally no-one for miles. The E18 does a fair job of driving these headphones. Volume @ 7, low gain, bass boost - if ya' feel lucky - on. I think I'm really beginning to appreciate how fast these are, they're rhythmic & timing abilities are frankly awesome to my ears.
I only have two negatives...
1. I'd be incredibly self-conscious wearing them in public as portables.
2. I can also hear Emmerdale.
well you have to work on that. I could wear a rose headphone and wouldnt give a ****.
One of my friend is so ceoncern about his look, even ath m50 concerned him.
Do you guys adjust the EQ while listening on your HD650s? While they're lovely to listen to, I find the hyped low-mid range severely takes the focus off more engaging sounds of higher frequencies unless i'm listening at a lower level, or could this simply be due to me not having a proper headphone amplifier? Are there amps out there which hype certain frequencies?
To be honest I don't want to adjust EQ at all for this amount of money, i'd like them to have a distinct, enjoyable sound which I can enjoy music/reference music on.
yeah, you need a amp with the hd 650. no amp = bad sound
It's not something I'll be working on. We found a house in the country and only very occasionally get into town. This is a good thing, for all concerned.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Choosing sound cards. 1 minute ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 1 minute ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Impressions and Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Something new from Earsonics, the Earsonics ES3 2 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H6 (2nd Generation) vs. Sennheiser HD 598 Cs... 4 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 6 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 6 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 7 minutes ago
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › RHA Dacamp L1 by Takeanidea
- › MEElectronics Air-Fi AF32 Stereo Bluetooth Wireless Headphones with... by e07015
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by dnun8086
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by MentalDraco
- › Klipsch R6m Black In Ear Headphone by 1mctous
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by Smazz
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD Black Label by glassmonkey
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear