- 4,112 Posts. Joined 1/2005
- Location: Provence, France
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Yesterday at 11:37 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
At the time of the review, the ZMF Eikon headphones were listed for sale on the ZMF website. Here is a link for information and...
Introduction The portable on-ear or over-the-ear headphone market is, I admit, not something that I’m especially familiar with. I recognize that there is a strong bias towards...
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum EarbudHere is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it from...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1118
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Enjoying my coffee this fine morning before work....listening to disc 1 of Joe B. An Acoustic Evening At The Vienna Opera House, Live with my HD650 and Mad Ear....pretty impressive stuff.
Tyson and Holyfield are now good friends.
Holyfield was in financial difficulties not long ago and tried to market his own BBQ sauce...Tyson came to his aid and in one of the promo's - Tyson said something like "I spat out his ear...but if I had this BBQ sauce...". I thought that was great...two gladiators that were fierce enemies grow old together as good friends.
And of course, the HD650 is a great headphone...
I wouldn't buy Cardas solder off eBay. No guarantee you are getting the real thing.
I've just got back from a three mile morning walk with two dogs, an SGN3/E18 & HD650's. We live in the sticks, literally no-one for miles. The E18 does a fair job of driving these headphones. Volume @ 7, low gain, bass boost - if ya' feel lucky - on. I think I'm really beginning to appreciate how fast these are, they're rhythmic & timing abilities are frankly awesome to my ears.
I only have two negatives...
1. I'd be incredibly self-conscious wearing them in public as portables.
2. I can also hear Emmerdale.
well you have to work on that. I could wear a rose headphone and wouldnt give a ****.
One of my friend is so ceoncern about his look, even ath m50 concerned him.
Do you guys adjust the EQ while listening on your HD650s? While they're lovely to listen to, I find the hyped low-mid range severely takes the focus off more engaging sounds of higher frequencies unless i'm listening at a lower level, or could this simply be due to me not having a proper headphone amplifier? Are there amps out there which hype certain frequencies?
To be honest I don't want to adjust EQ at all for this amount of money, i'd like them to have a distinct, enjoyable sound which I can enjoy music/reference music on.
yeah, you need a amp with the hd 650. no amp = bad sound
It's not something I'll be working on. We found a house in the country and only very occasionally get into town. This is a good thing, for all concerned.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 12 seconds ago
- › An all too common fight – the HE400x vs the HD6xx 14 seconds ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 53 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 56 seconds ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 4 minutes ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 6 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 6 minutes ago
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Hisoundfi
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear