or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1106

post #16576 of 37369
Quote:
Originally Posted by intlsubband View Post
 

 

I'm waiting on my Vamp Verza, I actually ordered it a month ago but still didn't get it delivered (apparently V-Moda were overworked with the launch of XS, hopefully it'll get here ASAP). I heard it's strong enough for the HD650, I can write some impressions once I get it.

 

FWIW, I've owned the Vamp Verza for a couple weeks now. Mostly use it with Etymotic ER-4PT IEMs but found that it seems to support the HD650s to my satisfaction at this point. That said, the Verza is simply to hold me over until my Centrance Hifi-M8 arrives. However, I'm looking forward to reading your impressions, as I can't say I have another portable AMP/DAC to fairly compare with yet.

post #16577 of 37369
My ears and equipen
ts are prepared for the impending arival of the HD 650 which also includes a long lecture from my mother .
post #16578 of 37369
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownaway View Post
 

World Wide Stereo has the HD650's for $377.94 with free shipping on Ebay!

 

I just ordered a pair, finally made a decision. :) I think it's also eligible for a $50 (through April 30th) rebate through Sennheiser since WWS is an authorized dealer.  Thought I would pass on the good deal in case anyone was on the fence (like me).

 

As strange as it might sound this will be for mostly portable use (taking walks and working around the house).   I'll need to get some shorter custom cables along with a DAP and amp.  I'm excited to dive into the world of HD audio.

 

Has anyone used the VorzAmp Pure or Portaphile Micro with the HD650?  I really like it's small profile but I'm not sure they if they have a have a good synergy.

 

Ok, I checked e-bay again this morning and WWS bumped their price back up to $499. I knew I had to act quick, I'm glad I did!  Anyway, sorry this deal is no longer available :(

post #16579 of 37369
Quote:
Originally Posted by blownaway View Post
 

 

Ok, I checked e-bay again this morning and WWS bumped their price back up to $499. I knew I had to act quick, I'm glad I did!  Anyway, sorry this deal is no longer available :(

It's okay. Thanks for sharing anyway.

 

Do they put HD800 on sale often? Although got my HD650 just a few months ago, can't stop thinking getting a pair of HD800 for under $1k in a year or two. lol

post #16580 of 37369
Quote:
Originally Posted by cddc View Post
 

It's okay. Thanks for sharing anyway.

 

Do they put HD800 on sale often? Although got my HD650 just a few months ago, can't stop thinking getting a pair of HD800 for under $1k in a year or two. lol

I somehow doubt that in a year or 2, Sennheiser will drop the price by more then 500 dollars. I don't think that they are even sold used at that price.

post #16581 of 37369
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwillits View Post
 

 

FWIW, I've owned the Vamp Verza for a couple weeks now. Mostly use it with Etymotic ER-4PT IEMs but found that it seems to support the HD650s to my satisfaction at this point. That said, the Verza is simply to hold me over until my Centrance Hifi-M8 arrives. However, I'm looking forward to reading your impressions, as I can't say I have another portable AMP/DAC to fairly compare with yet.

 

Thanks! I've read elsewhere that people found the VV to have sufficient power to drive the HD650. Will post my impressions when I finally get it!

post #16582 of 37369
Quote:
Originally Posted by cddc View Post

Just curious, for large tubes like the ones above, do you have to wait a long time for them to warm up?
It sounds pretty good after 5 minutes. At a meet we has a laser temp meter and it took about 50 minutes to reach its stable final temp. Those big tubes run about 285 if I remember correctly.
post #16583 of 37369
I'm going to repeat said words of olegausany. Save up for Crack.

The O2 + ODAC combo is great, but only works for certain ears or maybe even just the older models of 650's. I have the ODAC + O2 (modded) combo, as separate amp and DAC. Once I have the ability to save up money, then I'll be heading straight for that DIY goodness.

post #16584 of 37369

My HD650s have just been away to the Sennheiser doctor. The right channel failed, and they have been repaired under warranty. I received them back in the same box, but they look newer... Maybe they went to the Senn health farm after the Senn hospital - they don't just look new but the sound even sounds livelier. Where is the serial numberon the actual phones these days?

post #16585 of 37369
Quote:
Originally Posted by chee006 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post


Save money until you can afford Crack and look in for sale forum where it shows up periodically

World love to get a crack except I dun know hot to make one nor do I have the tools for it.

That's why I said look in for sale forum where you can find already assembled one
post #16586 of 37369
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post


That's why I said look in for sale forum where you can find already assembled one

Oh ok din'nt know u meant already assembled ones but I'll check it out 

post #16587 of 37369

Another case, find someone who is willing to build it for you... friend who knows how to solder, or even some members here have been mentioned who are willing to do it... for small fee or even free.

post #16588 of 37369
Gives me an idea! I might have to pick up two cracks just so I can sell the second d one. :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobbilly View Post

Another case, find someone who is willing to build it for you... friend who knows how to solder, or even some members here have been mentioned who are willing to do it... for small fee or even free.


Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
post #16589 of 37369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amictus View Post
 

My HD650s have just been away to the Sennheiser doctor. The right channel failed, and they have been repaired under warranty. I received them back in the same box, but they look newer... Maybe they went to the Senn health farm after the Senn hospital - they don't just look new but the sound even sounds livelier. Where is the serial numberon the actual phones these days?

 

If your 650's were pre-2007, then there's a chance that the new (post 2007) drivers the Sennheiser Wizards put in have an impact on the sound. I've read somewhere that the change in the drivers were not to improve the sound, but to make Quality Assurance easier.

 

I don't think they have serial numbers considering the entire headphone does not use screws and can be taken apart with your hands, and a simple electronics prying tool. At least I haven't noticed any last time I took mine apart.

post #16590 of 37369
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobbilly View Post

Another case, find someone who is willing to build it for you... friend who knows how to solder, or even some members here have been mentioned who are willing to do it... for small fee or even free.


Nice thought, but with this being a fine piece of hi-fi equipment, with a bunch of precision innards and solder connections, seems like you'd want it built right & to last. Am not dissing any members' skill or integrity, but for sake of both parties you'd want the assembly warranted or guaranteed. BH refers to one of their former employees for assembly - the fee ain't small but I'll bet the work is guaranteed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread