Use your Vali and save... for a Crack :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1098
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi so I am homeless now and have barely any money to eat because I just spent it on my HD650 which I really hope I won't regret when it arrives or before I die from starvation.
Anyway I also just bought a PB2 for my DX50, I am just wondering if anyone has a similar set up and would explain to me if it sounds great or not and why. :D
.....well at least your ears will still be warm.
Try Aune T1
@joebobbilly,great review ,Thanks
Edited by spacequeen7 - 3/26/14 at 4:30pm
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I was thinking of first starting off with the Bottlehead Crack OTL diy kit http://bottlehead.com/?product=crack-otl-headphone-amplifier-kit and continue using the Steinberg CI2 as a DAC for a little while. Not sure what DAC I'll get afterwards. It must be Linux compatible as that's all I use.
I can't freaking figure out how to make text into a url on this forum
Edited by ridethespiral - 3/27/14 at 5:58pm
Oh I had edited it. I was trying to get the text "bottlehead crack diy kit" to be a click-able link but the codes didn't seem to work
Anyhow, I think I'm also going to have to learn how to start making some good quality diy cables as that could quickly get expensive as well!
For now, the CI2 really does a great job. I find there's too much bass sometimes, but then I turn down and then it doesn't sound as full and I can hear the veil. It will be hard to move away from using the CI2. I have the DI out from my bass amp and monitors hooked up to it..
My HD 650 is also going to arrive in the next few days but my PC DAC and amp ain't. I too can't wait to get my hands on a good amp and DAC my portable one is decent but I am afraid it won't sound as good if I paired it with a tube amp. Do you guys have any amp/dac or seperate components for my HD 650? my budget is around $350
Sorry to intrude on the Crack-fest but I can't seem to find the HD650 appreciation thread.
As a "veteran" HD650 owner I still have those moments when this headphone surprises with its ability to connect me to the music. It really is remarkable in this aspect.
I mean - there are warts and imperfections evident - but mostly I don't care.
This is just from the lowly Mjolnir too. Can't fathom what it'd be like from the amaze-balls Crackhead amp.
The amazing thing about the 650s to me is that they sounded great with the Fiio E7, better with the E9 and then absolutely stellar with the Crack. And since then, with some tube rolling they've flourished to an even higher level. With a 5998 and E80CC, they're unbelievable compared to through the E7. I fully expect the Speedball upgrade to take them up even further. It's like they are starting to surpass the music in my head.
I am now selling my HD800s, I have tried the HD800s with an OTL valve amp and they still sound tipped up even after I have tried to EQ them. I always go back to my HD650s. These are amazing cans that scale will the right gear.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Introducing the T10i, an all new IEM from RHA 18 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 57 seconds ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 3 minutes ago
- › Review and comparison of DUNU DN-1000, DN-2000, & JVC HA-FX850 5 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 8 minutes ago
- › iTune rips continues to produce artifacts 8 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)