Use your Vali and save... for a Crack :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- More sonically balanced Sennheiser momentums with active noise cancelling for under $150!!! Last post on Yesterday at 6:04 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stereo amplifier for HD650 or Headphone amp? Last post on 9/18/14 at 12:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on 9/17/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on 9/15/14 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1098
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi so I am homeless now and have barely any money to eat because I just spent it on my HD650 which I really hope I won't regret when it arrives or before I die from starvation.
Anyway I also just bought a PB2 for my DX50, I am just wondering if anyone has a similar set up and would explain to me if it sounds great or not and why. :D
.....well at least your ears will still be warm.
Try Aune T1
@joebobbilly,great review ,Thanks
Edited by spacequeen7 - 3/26/14 at 4:30pm
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I was thinking of first starting off with the Bottlehead Crack OTL diy kit http://bottlehead.com/?product=crack-otl-headphone-amplifier-kit and continue using the Steinberg CI2 as a DAC for a little while. Not sure what DAC I'll get afterwards. It must be Linux compatible as that's all I use.
I can't freaking figure out how to make text into a url on this forum
Edited by ridethespiral - 3/27/14 at 5:58pm
Oh I had edited it. I was trying to get the text "bottlehead crack diy kit" to be a click-able link but the codes didn't seem to work
Anyhow, I think I'm also going to have to learn how to start making some good quality diy cables as that could quickly get expensive as well!
For now, the CI2 really does a great job. I find there's too much bass sometimes, but then I turn down and then it doesn't sound as full and I can hear the veil. It will be hard to move away from using the CI2. I have the DI out from my bass amp and monitors hooked up to it..
My HD 650 is also going to arrive in the next few days but my PC DAC and amp ain't. I too can't wait to get my hands on a good amp and DAC my portable one is decent but I am afraid it won't sound as good if I paired it with a tube amp. Do you guys have any amp/dac or seperate components for my HD 650? my budget is around $350
Sorry to intrude on the Crack-fest but I can't seem to find the HD650 appreciation thread.
As a "veteran" HD650 owner I still have those moments when this headphone surprises with its ability to connect me to the music. It really is remarkable in this aspect.
I mean - there are warts and imperfections evident - but mostly I don't care.
This is just from the lowly Mjolnir too. Can't fathom what it'd be like from the amaze-balls Crackhead amp.
The amazing thing about the 650s to me is that they sounded great with the Fiio E7, better with the E9 and then absolutely stellar with the Crack. And since then, with some tube rolling they've flourished to an even higher level. With a 5998 and E80CC, they're unbelievable compared to through the E7. I fully expect the Speedball upgrade to take them up even further. It's like they are starting to surpass the music in my head.
I am now selling my HD800s, I have tried the HD800s with an OTL valve amp and they still sound tipped up even after I have tried to EQ them. I always go back to my HD650s. These are amazing cans that scale will the right gear.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Best Over ear, wireless, headset, with mic for PC (to record... 16 seconds ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › CREATE THE ULTIMATE FPS HEADSET!!! 6 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 IEM 6 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 7 minutes ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 7 minutes ago
- › TURNTABLE SETUP Questions thread - don't start a new thread, ASK... 7 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 8 minutes ago
- › Multichannel Music 9 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)