Use your Vali and save... for a Crack :)
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Used Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 1/27/15 at 2:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD650 - Mint (New Black Box Packaging) Last post on 1/27/15 at 9:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Clear, balanced open-back headphones for under $300 Last post on 1/27/15 at 8:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need help to find my path - hd650/600 vs K7xx vs Fidelio x2 vs Ath-Msr7 ? Last post on Yesterday at 12:30 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Local stores in New york and UK? Also a poll Last post on 1/21/15 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
In short words: The Fidue is on par with the Sony EX1000 (little less sound stage and depth, but better, more flat sound signature) Downside: Cable plugs to the earphone speakers was...
I am an audiophile and these cans really deliver! Spacious and open with a neutral but pacy kick. These phones are the business but deserve a headphone amp to really bounce! Nevertheless, you will...
HiFiMAN RE-300h Review with RE-400 comparisons and comments Disclaimer: The following review is my subjective assessment of the headphone. I am in no way affiliated with HiFiMAN nor am I...
Sorry for no actual review as i have just got into audio recently and this is my first pair or good headphones. But even i could tell there was alot of sub bass not loud but its definitely...
Ever since picking these IEMs up, they have been my go-to pair for almost every genre of music. They provide a great balance of neutrality paired with extremely forward and lush mids which do not...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1098
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Hi so I am homeless now and have barely any money to eat because I just spent it on my HD650 which I really hope I won't regret when it arrives or before I die from starvation.
Anyway I also just bought a PB2 for my DX50, I am just wondering if anyone has a similar set up and would explain to me if it sounds great or not and why. :D
.....well at least your ears will still be warm.
Try Aune T1
@joebobbilly,great review ,Thanks
Edited by spacequeen7 - 3/26/14 at 4:30pm
Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I was thinking of first starting off with the Bottlehead Crack OTL diy kit http://bottlehead.com/?product=crack-otl-headphone-amplifier-kit and continue using the Steinberg CI2 as a DAC for a little while. Not sure what DAC I'll get afterwards. It must be Linux compatible as that's all I use.
I can't freaking figure out how to make text into a url on this forum
Edited by ridethespiral - 3/27/14 at 5:58pm
Oh I had edited it. I was trying to get the text "bottlehead crack diy kit" to be a click-able link but the codes didn't seem to work
Anyhow, I think I'm also going to have to learn how to start making some good quality diy cables as that could quickly get expensive as well!
For now, the CI2 really does a great job. I find there's too much bass sometimes, but then I turn down and then it doesn't sound as full and I can hear the veil. It will be hard to move away from using the CI2. I have the DI out from my bass amp and monitors hooked up to it..
My HD 650 is also going to arrive in the next few days but my PC DAC and amp ain't. I too can't wait to get my hands on a good amp and DAC my portable one is decent but I am afraid it won't sound as good if I paired it with a tube amp. Do you guys have any amp/dac or seperate components for my HD 650? my budget is around $350
Sorry to intrude on the Crack-fest but I can't seem to find the HD650 appreciation thread.
As a "veteran" HD650 owner I still have those moments when this headphone surprises with its ability to connect me to the music. It really is remarkable in this aspect.
I mean - there are warts and imperfections evident - but mostly I don't care.
This is just from the lowly Mjolnir too. Can't fathom what it'd be like from the amaze-balls Crackhead amp.
The amazing thing about the 650s to me is that they sounded great with the Fiio E7, better with the E9 and then absolutely stellar with the Crack. And since then, with some tube rolling they've flourished to an even higher level. With a 5998 and E80CC, they're unbelievable compared to through the E7. I fully expect the Speedball upgrade to take them up even further. It's like they are starting to surpass the music in my head.
I am now selling my HD800s, I have tried the HD800s with an OTL valve amp and they still sound tipped up even after I have tried to EQ them. I always go back to my HD650s. These are amazing cans that scale will the right gear.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 1 minute ago
- › Should i get HD650 beside of HE-500 ? 2 minutes ago
- › TEAC UD-301 3 minutes ago
- › Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced 3 minutes ago
- › Westone 4 Appreciation Thread and Reviews (a.k.a. Westone 4 ?) 3 minutes ago
- › $150~170 Closed Balanced/Neutral Headphones? 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Airwin
- › Shure SRH1540 Headphones by Rogerlabarrie
- › HIFIMAN RE300h Earphone - Audiophile Earbud by conquerator2
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro-80 Closed Studio Headphones by Donnyboy98
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by cuiter23
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3