Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 8/25/15 at 6:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
USED Shure E5, 425, 535 EX1000 is a good start to have a taste of pro sound. Islation is not that good when music isnt playing.
got one bad connection and replaced. But still you have to carry it carefully. Sound quality definitely improved.
Setting buttons easily to get clicked if you hand helding it. USB connection plug or jack is better than mico USB kind. For similar price, there are better, smaller one in the...
-- ~Photos by me~ The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1071
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Anyone else have this issue? One of my earcups is "looser" than the other side and it seems like the looser side makes this "noise." The other side feels tight and doesn't make this noise. Very hard to describe the noise by typing it..
The "squeaky noise" sounds somewhat like squeaks but somewhat also like the rubbing of plastics together.
Edited by mrgoochio - 2/23/14 at 1:22am
A quick google check has shown that the old drivers used a black screen for their drivers, whereas the "updated" drivers used a white one. Whether this has changed the sound signature in any way, it is hard to tell. The update itself has happened around 2007: a quick check shows that mine is pre 2007.
An article from Headfonia claims that the updated drivers were what "removed the sennheiser veil", making them sound more natural. Whatever it could be I still enjoy my HD650s, plus I am sensitive to highs which makes the veil a comfortable compromise for me.
If you are really curious, I guess you could try purchasing the driver capsules, They're about £38 ($65) per capsule mind you. Taking it apart is deceptively easy.
"Joe Bonamassa!" Wayyyy awesome!
My fav track is "Driving towards the daylight"
I love your taste :)
Thanks......Last kiss is one of my many favorites....just to damn many to name.
I will now have 3 cd's of him, and I plan on getting every single one of them....the dude has some off the hook skills, to say the least.
Hi all, new to this forum. I've had my 650's since October, but haven't spent real quality time with them until this weekend. After spending Sunday afternoon sipping Tanqueray and tonics and enjoying the goodness of these headphones, it seems to me that they were simply made for listening to Pink Floyd & Roger Waters. Listening to Waters' "Amused to Death" was an almost religious experience. Currently, listening straight out of my mid-2011 iMac, but have some Shiit on the way -- Asgard 2. When funds free up, I'll add more Schiit -- thinking an Uber Bifrost.
Anyway, just wanted to share the joy! Really enjoying the experience and reading this forum.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › What's the best amp for HD800 10 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review 21 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum 2.0 and Wireless! 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › WTB - Stax Amplifier/Energizer 4 minutes ago
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2