Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 4/4/16 at 6:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 5/21/16 at 11:48pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
I bought this ckr9ltd from AliExpress for 47USD, less than the usual 120USD RRP. Few fellow buyer with original ckr9ltd claimed that this is a real deal. I have no problem whatsoever to believe...
Disclamer. I provided these Sony Z5 for myself just for the sheer sound of it. These were not given to me for any type of review. I am writing these impressions of these works of art due...
Background I ordered my pair of AAW A3H Pros during Black Friday weekend 2015 at a certain group-buying website, hoping to get my feet wet in the world of customs at a price that wouldn't break...
REVIEW - Fiio EM3 Fiio is not a company that needs any introduction. Known for its wide and affordable large Amp and DAC line, and well regarded since the release of the first DAP...
Design/durability: Stellar build quality is one of the highlights of the Rockets. Pretty much every feature of it seems indestructible. The L-shaped jack seems very sturdy and has enough strain...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1071
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Anyone else have this issue? One of my earcups is "looser" than the other side and it seems like the looser side makes this "noise." The other side feels tight and doesn't make this noise. Very hard to describe the noise by typing it..
The "squeaky noise" sounds somewhat like squeaks but somewhat also like the rubbing of plastics together.
Edited by mrgoochio - 2/23/14 at 1:22am
A quick google check has shown that the old drivers used a black screen for their drivers, whereas the "updated" drivers used a white one. Whether this has changed the sound signature in any way, it is hard to tell. The update itself has happened around 2007: a quick check shows that mine is pre 2007.
An article from Headfonia claims that the updated drivers were what "removed the sennheiser veil", making them sound more natural. Whatever it could be I still enjoy my HD650s, plus I am sensitive to highs which makes the veil a comfortable compromise for me.
If you are really curious, I guess you could try purchasing the driver capsules, They're about £38 ($65) per capsule mind you. Taking it apart is deceptively easy.
"Joe Bonamassa!" Wayyyy awesome!
My fav track is "Driving towards the daylight"
I love your taste :)
Thanks......Last kiss is one of my many favorites....just to damn many to name.
I will now have 3 cd's of him, and I plan on getting every single one of them....the dude has some off the hook skills, to say the least.
Hi all, new to this forum. I've had my 650's since October, but haven't spent real quality time with them until this weekend. After spending Sunday afternoon sipping Tanqueray and tonics and enjoying the goodness of these headphones, it seems to me that they were simply made for listening to Pink Floyd & Roger Waters. Listening to Waters' "Amused to Death" was an almost religious experience. Currently, listening straight out of my mid-2011 iMac, but have some Shiit on the way -- Asgard 2. When funds free up, I'll add more Schiit -- thinking an Uber Bifrost.
Anyway, just wanted to share the joy! Really enjoying the experience and reading this forum.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Music Game IX 22 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Comfy headphones for long hour sessions and under 200$ 2 minutes ago
- › Sony earphones Jack malfunction 3 minutes ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 Review 8 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Bug Thread - Post Any Firmware Bugs/Issues Here 8 minutes ago
- › Norne Audio (Was: Norse Audio): Feedback & Impression Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Altmann Tera-Player - Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH CKR9 LTD by AzimAkbar
- › Sony XBA-Z5 Ultimate Hi-Res In Ear Headphone by Dsnuts
- › AAW A3H Pro Custom In-Ear Monitor by tz0531
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Zelda
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by Voyageur
- › W4S Recovery USB Reclocker by leeperry
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10UA universal aluminum by Saraguie
- › Somic v2 by mark2410
- › Jays q-JAYS v2.0 by NeObliviscaris
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by avocadobeats123
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...