Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 4/4/16 at 6:23pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 3/20/16 at 11:17pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
It is nearing two months since I was introduced to the original Monk earbuds by Venture Electronics. They left quite the impression on me and my views on price-to-performance ratio in audio...
T-PEOS RASIEL Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to T-PEOS for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/807332/t-peos-rasiel-review-by-mark2410 Brief: Finder X1...
The E5 is so close to being a giant killer but it has a few major flaws in my opinion. This is a technically oriented review. I like neutral sound signatures and bit perfect playback. I don't...
"Massdrop Blue Box - NuForce HEM IEMs" special drop pricing = $169.99*; Actual MSRP = $399.00 (I joined the drop on Massdrop and received the HEM6; LINK. You can find these and the other...
Hi All, I was given the chance to review the new Shozy Zero Rosewood earphones in exchange for just a small fee to cover the shipping. I received, as I'm sure some other reviewers did, an...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1071
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Anyone else have this issue? One of my earcups is "looser" than the other side and it seems like the looser side makes this "noise." The other side feels tight and doesn't make this noise. Very hard to describe the noise by typing it..
The "squeaky noise" sounds somewhat like squeaks but somewhat also like the rubbing of plastics together.
Edited by mrgoochio - 2/23/14 at 1:22am
A quick google check has shown that the old drivers used a black screen for their drivers, whereas the "updated" drivers used a white one. Whether this has changed the sound signature in any way, it is hard to tell. The update itself has happened around 2007: a quick check shows that mine is pre 2007.
An article from Headfonia claims that the updated drivers were what "removed the sennheiser veil", making them sound more natural. Whatever it could be I still enjoy my HD650s, plus I am sensitive to highs which makes the veil a comfortable compromise for me.
If you are really curious, I guess you could try purchasing the driver capsules, They're about £38 ($65) per capsule mind you. Taking it apart is deceptively easy.
"Joe Bonamassa!" Wayyyy awesome!
My fav track is "Driving towards the daylight"
I love your taste :)
Thanks......Last kiss is one of my many favorites....just to damn many to name.
I will now have 3 cd's of him, and I plan on getting every single one of them....the dude has some off the hook skills, to say the least.
Hi all, new to this forum. I've had my 650's since October, but haven't spent real quality time with them until this weekend. After spending Sunday afternoon sipping Tanqueray and tonics and enjoying the goodness of these headphones, it seems to me that they were simply made for listening to Pink Floyd & Roger Waters. Listening to Waters' "Amused to Death" was an almost religious experience. Currently, listening straight out of my mid-2011 iMac, but have some Shiit on the way -- Asgard 2. When funds free up, I'll add more Schiit -- thinking an Uber Bifrost.
Anyway, just wanted to share the joy! Really enjoying the experience and reading this forum.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux owners 59 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Minneapolis Meet? 1 minute ago
- › [Review] WA7 & LCD-2F: DAC shoot-out & tube guide [UPDATED] 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 2 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 2 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser RS185 Review by mark2410 3 minutes ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by Aornic
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by mark2410
- › Sound Blaster E5 - 24-bit/192kHz High-Resolution USB DAC &... by vapman
- › NuForce HEM6 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Triple... by Hi-Fi EDU
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by jant71
- › Alpha & Delta D2 by BloodyPenguin
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by glennkresge
- › Unique Melody Miracle V2 Universal six driver in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by MMansell
- › Philips SHE3595WT/28 In-Ear Headset with Mic White by stweb
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...