Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 8/25/15 at 6:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
It is brilliant, having been based on a OPA2134 as input amp that is wired to a TPA6120A2 as output amp. It uses a TDA2030 as a rail splitter. Using a power opamp as a rail splitter has it's...
Introduction So a little a bit myself, I am a semi-audiophile. It means that I listen to "normal" song and audiophile song kind of 50:50. During my commute to work I listen to "normal" song such...
Thank You's and Sorries A big thank David Maudlin for sending me the Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio to me back in late May and I apologise that it's taken me 3 months to put something up about...
Intro Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora at Brainwavz for providing the review sample of the Jive you see in this review. Please note that I am neither affiliated with...
Name- DUNU TITAN 1 Manufacturar- Dunu-topsound, a chinese company. Price- 115$, I got them for around 169SGD from Lend me ur ears, Singapore. Description- First, some note about me. I am a 25...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1071
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Anyone else have this issue? One of my earcups is "looser" than the other side and it seems like the looser side makes this "noise." The other side feels tight and doesn't make this noise. Very hard to describe the noise by typing it..
The "squeaky noise" sounds somewhat like squeaks but somewhat also like the rubbing of plastics together.
Edited by mrgoochio - 2/23/14 at 1:22am
A quick google check has shown that the old drivers used a black screen for their drivers, whereas the "updated" drivers used a white one. Whether this has changed the sound signature in any way, it is hard to tell. The update itself has happened around 2007: a quick check shows that mine is pre 2007.
An article from Headfonia claims that the updated drivers were what "removed the sennheiser veil", making them sound more natural. Whatever it could be I still enjoy my HD650s, plus I am sensitive to highs which makes the veil a comfortable compromise for me.
If you are really curious, I guess you could try purchasing the driver capsules, They're about £38 ($65) per capsule mind you. Taking it apart is deceptively easy.
"Joe Bonamassa!" Wayyyy awesome!
My fav track is "Driving towards the daylight"
I love your taste :)
Thanks......Last kiss is one of my many favorites....just to damn many to name.
I will now have 3 cd's of him, and I plan on getting every single one of them....the dude has some off the hook skills, to say the least.
Hi all, new to this forum. I've had my 650's since October, but haven't spent real quality time with them until this weekend. After spending Sunday afternoon sipping Tanqueray and tonics and enjoying the goodness of these headphones, it seems to me that they were simply made for listening to Pink Floyd & Roger Waters. Listening to Waters' "Amused to Death" was an almost religious experience. Currently, listening straight out of my mid-2011 iMac, but have some Shiit on the way -- Asgard 2. When funds free up, I'll add more Schiit -- thinking an Uber Bifrost.
Anyway, just wanted to share the joy! Really enjoying the experience and reading this forum.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Stockholm 2015 Mini Meet 9-10th September. Mark your calendars! 5 seconds ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 40 seconds ago
- › Old pair broke (RIP) need to find a replacement set, any... 41 seconds ago
- › Boston Meet? 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 2 minutes ago
- › Is there really such a thing as a non - colored headphone ( are the... 3 minutes ago
- › Good running earphones for 50$ 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-A2 need help/opinion 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › SMSL sApII Pro by DaveLT
- › Audiosense V2mix4 by abyatar
- › Cypher Labs AlgoRhythm Trio Portable Vacuum Tube Headphone Amplifier by AnakChan
- › Brainwavz Jive by thatBeatsguy
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by areek
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by acain
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by chowmein83
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by Cotnijoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ClieOS
- › Shozy Lancea mini dac amplifier 24bit/192khz for Android/iOS/PC/iPhone by peter123
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2