Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on Today at 6:57 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 4/9/15 at 4:10pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Here's everything you need to know http://archimago.blogspot.com/2013/03/measurements-sony-playstation-1-scph.html Here's the Stereophile review on it...
TTPOD T1E Review Background Be using me Fiio X3 for this review ......fosho' this purple jet pack is one sexy lookin' IEM .....housing is big but could be a problem for some with the...
The PM3 is Oppo's 3rd headphone offering, a closed back planar magnetic. Thank you to @Jiffy Squid and Oppo for allowing us Head-fiers to audition these at the comfort of our own home and time,...
How much more can we possibly hear? At some point audio, and personal audio by default, becomes a continual series of efforts to throw oneself over the walls of the physical world. We try...
Before reading below, please check out my video review of the Focal XS 2.1 Satellites on YouTube. Please also support the channel by liking the video and sharing it with your friends! A sub won't...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1071
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Anyone else have this issue? One of my earcups is "looser" than the other side and it seems like the looser side makes this "noise." The other side feels tight and doesn't make this noise. Very hard to describe the noise by typing it..
The "squeaky noise" sounds somewhat like squeaks but somewhat also like the rubbing of plastics together.
Edited by mrgoochio - 2/23/14 at 1:22am
A quick google check has shown that the old drivers used a black screen for their drivers, whereas the "updated" drivers used a white one. Whether this has changed the sound signature in any way, it is hard to tell. The update itself has happened around 2007: a quick check shows that mine is pre 2007.
An article from Headfonia claims that the updated drivers were what "removed the sennheiser veil", making them sound more natural. Whatever it could be I still enjoy my HD650s, plus I am sensitive to highs which makes the veil a comfortable compromise for me.
If you are really curious, I guess you could try purchasing the driver capsules, They're about £38 ($65) per capsule mind you. Taking it apart is deceptively easy.
"Joe Bonamassa!" Wayyyy awesome!
My fav track is "Driving towards the daylight"
I love your taste :)
Thanks......Last kiss is one of my many favorites....just to damn many to name.
I will now have 3 cd's of him, and I plan on getting every single one of them....the dude has some off the hook skills, to say the least.
Hi all, new to this forum. I've had my 650's since October, but haven't spent real quality time with them until this weekend. After spending Sunday afternoon sipping Tanqueray and tonics and enjoying the goodness of these headphones, it seems to me that they were simply made for listening to Pink Floyd & Roger Waters. Listening to Waters' "Amused to Death" was an almost religious experience. Currently, listening straight out of my mid-2011 iMac, but have some Shiit on the way -- Asgard 2. When funds free up, I'll add more Schiit -- thinking an Uber Bifrost.
Anyway, just wanted to share the joy! Really enjoying the experience and reading this forum.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Grado Fan Club! 58 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 1 minute ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › NEED HELP FOR CLEANING HEADPHONE DRIVER !!!!!!!!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 5 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 6 minutes ago
- › Sony Playstation PS One - Video Game Console by Stereocilia
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by Wokei
- › OPPO PM-3 by Soundsgoodtome
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Focal XS Satellite Speakers with Dock for iPod and MP3 Players by cuiter23
- › Noontec ZORO II HD Headphone, Professional Sound Good Sound... by twister6
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Armaegis
- › Logitech Z-560 THX-Certified 4.1 Speaker System by spronkey
- › MDR-XD 150 W weiß by whitemass
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2