or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1068

post #16006 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio View Post
 

I have a pair of HD650's with a magni/modi stack in the mail.. pretty excited.  Any ideas what I should be expecting?

Congrats!!! You have every right to be excited and should be!!! 

:beerchug:

post #16007 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio View Post

I have a pair of HD650's with a magni/modi stack in the mail.. pretty excited.  Any ideas what I should be expecting?  Current setup is a pair of alessandro ms-1's plugged directly into my onboard sound.

You might not like your Alessandro's right out of that setup, but the HD650 should sound quite good.
post #16008 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoochio View Post
 

I have a pair of HD650's with a magni/modi stack in the mail.. pretty excited.  Any ideas what I should be expecting?  Current setup is a pair of alessandro ms-1's plugged directly into my onboard sound.

Expect something with very different presentation than what you used to hear.

post #16009 of 36851

Re: Lorspeaker

 

Is that your daughter? Reminds me of my daughter when she was that age. She is 30 years old now with kids of her own. Kind of choked me up a little. Sorry for the digression.

 

FYI to stay on topic, I have an HD650 running off of a Project Horizon amp (which I assembled) fed by an original V-DAC, which is being fed by my PC optical digital out (Realtek chip set). The Project Horizon is using a 6DJ8 holland orange globe tube.


Edited by mbusby - 2/16/14 at 12:35pm
post #16010 of 36851

I finally got home from Chicago and got to open the big box from mstorie that contained my (almost) new HD650!

 

First impressions: Bass is a little less defined and soundstage a little more intimate than I expected, but I love everything else I've heard. Instrument separation and placement is extremely good, the level of detail is right in the sweet spot between involving and revealing, and comfort is nearly out of this world (as you would expect from a velour-pad Senn).

 

It's a keeper!

post #16011 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbusby View Post
 

Re: Lorspeaker

 

Is that your daughter? Reminds me of my daughter when she was that age. She is 30 years old now with kids of her own. Kind of choked me up a little. Sorry for the digression.

 

FYI to stay on topic, I have an HD650 running off of a Project Horizon amp (which I assembled) fed by an original V-DAC, which is being fed by my PC optical digital out (Realtek chip set). The Project Horizon is using a 6DJ8 holland orange globe tube.

Post some pics sound like an interesting setup.

post #16012 of 36851

Speaking of different setups, I'm messing around with running mine balanced from the taps of a 25 WPC speaker amplifier. I'm using them on the Temple Audio Bantam Gold. I still need to mess around more with using the Project Ember as a pre

post #16013 of 36851

Is there anybody who can give some impressions about the HD650 with the Centrance Dac Mini compared

to a Burson Conductor ?

 

Thanks

post #16014 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZRr1275 View Post
 

Speaking of different setups, I'm messing around with running mine balanced from the taps of a 25 WPC speaker amplifier. I'm using them on the Temple Audio Bantam Gold. I still need to mess around more with using the Project Ember as a pre

Soundstage opens up with balanced cables.  I was surprised at the difference.

post #16015 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUMAY408 View Post
 

Soundstage opens up with balanced cables.  I was surprised at the difference.

 

I have the same experience too but I'm not sure that was for the balanced cable or amp (Mjolnir). 

post #16016 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrm360 View Post
 

 

I have the same experience too but I'm not sure that was for the balanced cable or amp (Mjolnir). 

 

Going balanced definitely opens up the 650. Really enjoy the change the Mjolnir has made with them. 

post #16017 of 36851

Well balanced is going to remove the crosstalk which will make the soundstage wider.

post #16018 of 36851

Good evening all

 

I am listening to my Senn Hd-650 with Schiit Bifrost uber and Valhalla and i keep getting what i would call a reverb effect in all my loss less files from my computer,  (I got the same effect with the modi dac)  This is the only gear / source I have currently I'm not sure if this is a product of the music files, or a trait of the phones, or perhaps coming from the gear (which i doubt)

 

I am inclined to believe its part of the recording. Figured it could not hurt to ask if anyone else has experienced this:smile:

post #16019 of 36851
Quote:
Originally Posted by joespride View Post
 

Good evening all

 

I am listening to my Senn Hd-650 with Schiit Bifrost uber and Valhalla and i keep getting what i would call a reverb effect in all my loss less files from my computer,  (I got the same effect with the modi dac)  This is the only gear / source I have currently I'm not sure if this is a product of the music files, or a trait of the phones, or perhaps coming from the gear (which i doubt)

 

I am inclined to believe its part of the recording. Figured it could not hurt to ask if anyone else has experienced this:smile:

 

Is there a way you can get your hands on other lossless files, or rerip your CDs to try something (preferably with a different ripping program than before).

post #16020 of 36851

I could play the CD direct without ripping and see if it repeats.  Thanks for the suggestion

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread