Well I just got a cable made from DHC Nucleotide wire in. I thought these couldn't get better but somehow they did. More extension and bit more edge but without losing the warmth and body. Imaging seems to have improved a bit as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/17/17 at 9:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1067
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It is not a big difference, more refining of the Graham Slee sound. Giving it a more tube-like sound with smooth, velvety midrange and subsumed treble and awesome bass. Yes, you can obtain more control of your sound using a tube amp like the Crack, Pan Am, or Lyr. But, if you want the best of both worlds, I highly recommended.
I think I will go for the Ultra-Linear then. thanks for the advice.
Treble is something that can be tailored to personal taste if you decided to go down the tube route, for instance with the bhc by changing just the make of small input tube you can tune the sound to your own personal preference.
Perhaps this is one of the reasons why the amp has such a following, the stock tubes sent with the amp vary and most will roll, so pretty much everybody will be listening to a different combination that works just right for them.
well thanks for the explanation but I have tried many tube amps including Woo Audio, Little Dot, Stax(for Stax 407), HiFiMan, and the list goes on but after long listening and thoughts, I ended up with the Graham Slee. It seems like best of the both tube and solid state sound combined to me so will go for it. After I get me a dac and upgrade some things I will go for something from Woo Audio though, it impressed me and the idea of tube rolling seems interesting too.
Setting here alone in the dark listening to James Taylor via Sony Vaio loss less WAV files thru the Uber Bifrost Into the Schiit Valhalla and into my senn hd-650 Its hard to believe it could get any better.....Ive been pondering the Audeze lcd-2 Just because i hear so many good things but times like this make me very content
Highs are nicely extended, nice decay no harshness
Mids are as good as ive ever heard with detail retrieval that's better than iv'e ever heard
Bass is nice and tight with good impact
To get close to this in my previous home stereo systems I had to spend 20 times the money, And still never heard what i can hear now, its crazy
I started with the Modi and thought it was excellent but found a good deal on used uber bifrost that i could not pass up, At first I was a little disappointed with Bifrost but it has came around, I will be keeping the Modi though , I have a plan in the back of my head to get a Magi for M&M stack
Listening to Paul Simon Graceland now, sounds superb
Heard my friend's modded Bravo V2 before... wasn't really impressed, found it way too warm for my tastes. I doubt it will be too much of a step up from the Fiio E07K. Save your money for a better amp. I'd say you could consider the more budget Schiit... (Magni or Vali?)
Thanks for the reply, that's what I thought.
The worst possible situation with my 650. I had the crack for them on loan and now I've had to return it. And now starts the long wait. I've already built the wood base, bought some choice tubes, and cleared the spot on my desk. Now my patience will be put to the test.
For how long?
And your base, is there more width inside it or just more height, then the one included in the kit?
I have a pair of HD650's with a magni/modi stack in the mail.. pretty excited. Any ideas what I should be expecting? Current setup is a pair of alessandro ms-1's plugged directly into my onboard sound.
Providing your hearing is intact...music as the artist and producer intended.
Expect to be very happy. I have vali/modi stack and I'm in bliss.
At least 2 days of listening pleasure before a little voice starts asking if you need to upgrade your DAC/amp...don't listen that's just the HD650s trying to show off...
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 2 minutes ago
- › $400 Face Off - B&O H7, Sony MDR-1000X, B&W P7 Wireless 2 minutes ago
- › Rock Jaw Audio Looking for Pre-Production Testers for Future Products 2 minutes ago
- › Something new from Earsonics, the Earsonics ES3 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Cardas cable for Sennheiser HD650. 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear