Well I just got a cable made from DHC Nucleotide wire in. I thought these couldn't get better but somehow they did. More extension and bit more edge but without losing the warmth and body. Imaging seems to have improved a bit as well.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/19/17 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 3/3/17 at 6:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
In side the box besides the headphones of course, is the 3.5m cable which allows you to plug them into wired with any source, then the USB charge cable, which is...
Introduction/Disclaimer: I would like to thank Denise with Mixcder for the opportunity to review the X5 in ear monitor headphones. They provided me a free sample in exchange for my honest...
First thing you think of when you see this is, can this really project sound in 360 degrees, When you look at it, you wouldn't think it could. But yes it does, Sound is projected from...
Acknowledgment Thank you Lear for providing this review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. This review may also be viewed on my blog, here. List Price: $65 at time of review plus...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1067
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It is not a big difference, more refining of the Graham Slee sound. Giving it a more tube-like sound with smooth, velvety midrange and subsumed treble and awesome bass. Yes, you can obtain more control of your sound using a tube amp like the Crack, Pan Am, or Lyr. But, if you want the best of both worlds, I highly recommended.
I think I will go for the Ultra-Linear then. thanks for the advice.
Treble is something that can be tailored to personal taste if you decided to go down the tube route, for instance with the bhc by changing just the make of small input tube you can tune the sound to your own personal preference.
Perhaps this is one of the reasons why the amp has such a following, the stock tubes sent with the amp vary and most will roll, so pretty much everybody will be listening to a different combination that works just right for them.
well thanks for the explanation but I have tried many tube amps including Woo Audio, Little Dot, Stax(for Stax 407), HiFiMan, and the list goes on but after long listening and thoughts, I ended up with the Graham Slee. It seems like best of the both tube and solid state sound combined to me so will go for it. After I get me a dac and upgrade some things I will go for something from Woo Audio though, it impressed me and the idea of tube rolling seems interesting too.
Setting here alone in the dark listening to James Taylor via Sony Vaio loss less WAV files thru the Uber Bifrost Into the Schiit Valhalla and into my senn hd-650 Its hard to believe it could get any better.....Ive been pondering the Audeze lcd-2 Just because i hear so many good things but times like this make me very content
Highs are nicely extended, nice decay no harshness
Mids are as good as ive ever heard with detail retrieval that's better than iv'e ever heard
Bass is nice and tight with good impact
To get close to this in my previous home stereo systems I had to spend 20 times the money, And still never heard what i can hear now, its crazy
I started with the Modi and thought it was excellent but found a good deal on used uber bifrost that i could not pass up, At first I was a little disappointed with Bifrost but it has came around, I will be keeping the Modi though , I have a plan in the back of my head to get a Magi for M&M stack
Listening to Paul Simon Graceland now, sounds superb
Heard my friend's modded Bravo V2 before... wasn't really impressed, found it way too warm for my tastes. I doubt it will be too much of a step up from the Fiio E07K. Save your money for a better amp. I'd say you could consider the more budget Schiit... (Magni or Vali?)
Thanks for the reply, that's what I thought.
The worst possible situation with my 650. I had the crack for them on loan and now I've had to return it. And now starts the long wait. I've already built the wood base, bought some choice tubes, and cleared the spot on my desk. Now my patience will be put to the test.
For how long?
And your base, is there more width inside it or just more height, then the one included in the kit?
I have a pair of HD650's with a magni/modi stack in the mail.. pretty excited. Any ideas what I should be expecting? Current setup is a pair of alessandro ms-1's plugged directly into my onboard sound.
Providing your hearing is intact...music as the artist and producer intended.
Expect to be very happy. I have vali/modi stack and I'm in bliss.
At least 2 days of listening pleasure before a little voice starts asking if you need to upgrade your DAC/amp...don't listen that's just the HD650s trying to show off...
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 1 minute ago
- › 64 Audio A18 Tzar (TM) Impressions Thread (Impressions, Reviews,... 2 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 2 minutes ago
- › SpinFit Eartips Thread - The cheapest audio upgrade 2 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch! 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 3 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by ObjectVoice
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › LEAR BTC-01 by glassmonkey
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Pro HD by Nymphonomaniac
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Delance26
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Layman1
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by B9Scrambler
- › Meze 99 Neo by ryanjsoo
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear