^^ I'm digging the caps and the pot!! Which pot is that?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/17/17 at 9:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
This is the video review of the Cayin i5 Digital Audio Player. The player has been compared with iDSD Micro BL and Audeze Cypher cable for its sound qualities. Skip to 12 minutes 50 seconds mark...
DISCLAIMER The Empire Ears Zeus-R was purchased during my trip to the Empire Ears office at Buford, Georgia. The Empire Ears team have since moved their operations to their newer and larger...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1055
Gear mentioned in this thread:
O2 stack with HD800 is not bad at all, but I found it lacking in dynamic contrast. Everything else was fine.
I've heard the Crack twice. The first was with the HD650 on Bottlehead's tape rig at RMAF and I didn't like it at all. The second time was a few weeks ago using HD650, DT990 and HE-500. I preferred and enjoyed the DT990. The HD650 was a distant 2nd and the HE-500 is not a good match with the Crack. I find the Crack to be a middling amp.
I've compared the HD600 and HD650 many times over the years, but always came away preferring the HD600. About 5 years ago my main rig was a Little Dot MKVI balanced with DACMagic and HD600. I preferred it over setups much more expensive and have never truly settled on a full size headphone I would own until the HD800 after going through an IEM-only phase and brief flirt with stats (O2 MK1).
But I am not the biggest fan of Hd800. Have heard it on expensive rigs but is a bit dull. I'm heading the audeze way after I got to compare them. I guess I like phones that is somewhat similar to Hd650
Hey 650 fans,
Just received my very 1st pair of Hi-Fi headphones this morning and I decided, after much deliberation, to go with the Sennheiser HD650's. Thanks very much to this forum/website and some serious auditions I felt that the 650's best suited my music style and personal preferences.
As I was so happy with my purchase (and bargain!) I felt compared to share this with you. I'm based in the UK so sorry to disappoint anyone outside of Britain but for anyone looking to grab these headphones for a good price, I managed to pick these up for £268.00 from a company in Leeds.
The company is called Bop DJ, here is the link: http://www.bopdj.com/sound/headphones/sennheiser-hd-650.html
They retail the HP's for £288.00 but for your 1st purchase with this company there is an online voucher for £20.00 off that price, plus if you order before 3pm, they will send them next delivery and that was free. Next best price I could find was Amazon for £309, so I was very impressed with these guys.
I did see 2 other stores for cheaper but after a little research on here i quickly discovered they were Asian companies posing as companies based in the UK, so do beware as some folks have had grief from these companies and I personally didn't think it was worth it.
Hope this is useful.
It is a Valab 23 step attenuator
I have some notes on fitting and my impression about halfway down the first post in the link below.
brb I just noticed I made a mistake the link was to the 10k value one. The one I have fitted is actually 100k, same price.
I suggest you read the link Jamie provided.
It is very impressive stuff and includes info re: carbon fibre:
Check out my bottlehead link above, second post. It is not wrap but 2 layers of 200grm real 3k carbon fibre twill fabric infused with expoy resin under vacuum and heat cured at 80 °C.
Thanks Parbaked you beat me to it.
Edited by JamieMcC - 2/8/14 at 3:04pm
novo is great but srg2 or ultra-linear diamond left me wanting nothing more.
It seems this ebayer only has 10k and 250k. Would it be better to just wait around until the 100k's appear?
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 14 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony NW-WM1Z/ NW-WM1A Flagship DAP (Live From IFA 2016) 19 seconds ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 41 seconds ago
- › Upgrade path 1 minute ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-7200 2 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 3 minutes ago
- › Where to go next for a balanced, detailed sound 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 3 minutes ago
- › For Sale 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear