^^ I'm digging the caps and the pot!! Which pot is that?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 4/19/17 at 9:20am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 3/3/17 at 6:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1055
Gear mentioned in this thread:
O2 stack with HD800 is not bad at all, but I found it lacking in dynamic contrast. Everything else was fine.
I've heard the Crack twice. The first was with the HD650 on Bottlehead's tape rig at RMAF and I didn't like it at all. The second time was a few weeks ago using HD650, DT990 and HE-500. I preferred and enjoyed the DT990. The HD650 was a distant 2nd and the HE-500 is not a good match with the Crack. I find the Crack to be a middling amp.
I've compared the HD600 and HD650 many times over the years, but always came away preferring the HD600. About 5 years ago my main rig was a Little Dot MKVI balanced with DACMagic and HD600. I preferred it over setups much more expensive and have never truly settled on a full size headphone I would own until the HD800 after going through an IEM-only phase and brief flirt with stats (O2 MK1).
But I am not the biggest fan of Hd800. Have heard it on expensive rigs but is a bit dull. I'm heading the audeze way after I got to compare them. I guess I like phones that is somewhat similar to Hd650
Hey 650 fans,
Just received my very 1st pair of Hi-Fi headphones this morning and I decided, after much deliberation, to go with the Sennheiser HD650's. Thanks very much to this forum/website and some serious auditions I felt that the 650's best suited my music style and personal preferences.
As I was so happy with my purchase (and bargain!) I felt compared to share this with you. I'm based in the UK so sorry to disappoint anyone outside of Britain but for anyone looking to grab these headphones for a good price, I managed to pick these up for £268.00 from a company in Leeds.
The company is called Bop DJ, here is the link: http://www.bopdj.com/sound/headphones/sennheiser-hd-650.html
They retail the HP's for £288.00 but for your 1st purchase with this company there is an online voucher for £20.00 off that price, plus if you order before 3pm, they will send them next delivery and that was free. Next best price I could find was Amazon for £309, so I was very impressed with these guys.
I did see 2 other stores for cheaper but after a little research on here i quickly discovered they were Asian companies posing as companies based in the UK, so do beware as some folks have had grief from these companies and I personally didn't think it was worth it.
Hope this is useful.
It is a Valab 23 step attenuator
I have some notes on fitting and my impression about halfway down the first post in the link below.
brb I just noticed I made a mistake the link was to the 10k value one. The one I have fitted is actually 100k, same price.
I suggest you read the link Jamie provided.
It is very impressive stuff and includes info re: carbon fibre:
Check out my bottlehead link above, second post. It is not wrap but 2 layers of 200grm real 3k carbon fibre twill fabric infused with expoy resin under vacuum and heat cured at 80 °C.
Thanks Parbaked you beat me to it.
Edited by JamieMcC - 2/8/14 at 3:04pm
novo is great but srg2 or ultra-linear diamond left me wanting nothing more.
It seems this ebayer only has 10k and 250k. Would it be better to just wait around until the 100k's appear?
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Xonar DX vs SoundBlaster Z, using Senn. PC363D. 2 seconds ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Fostex TH900 MkII 1 minute ago
- › InEarZ (Fisher Hearing) Custom Remold Owner's Thread 2 minutes ago
- › MQA: Revolutionary British streaming technology 2 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Corda 2Stepdance 3 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 5 minutes ago
- › Hybrid Maple/Black Limba cupped V7 Build Tour Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear