^^ I'm digging the caps and the pot!! Which pot is that?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 2:02 am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
This review is from earphonia.com Re-posted on headfi to share to impressions http://earphonia.com/earphone-cables/effect-audio-iem-cable-thor-silver-ii-lightning-strikes As a lot of...
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1055
Gear mentioned in this thread:
O2 stack with HD800 is not bad at all, but I found it lacking in dynamic contrast. Everything else was fine.
I've heard the Crack twice. The first was with the HD650 on Bottlehead's tape rig at RMAF and I didn't like it at all. The second time was a few weeks ago using HD650, DT990 and HE-500. I preferred and enjoyed the DT990. The HD650 was a distant 2nd and the HE-500 is not a good match with the Crack. I find the Crack to be a middling amp.
I've compared the HD600 and HD650 many times over the years, but always came away preferring the HD600. About 5 years ago my main rig was a Little Dot MKVI balanced with DACMagic and HD600. I preferred it over setups much more expensive and have never truly settled on a full size headphone I would own until the HD800 after going through an IEM-only phase and brief flirt with stats (O2 MK1).
But I am not the biggest fan of Hd800. Have heard it on expensive rigs but is a bit dull. I'm heading the audeze way after I got to compare them. I guess I like phones that is somewhat similar to Hd650
Hey 650 fans,
Just received my very 1st pair of Hi-Fi headphones this morning and I decided, after much deliberation, to go with the Sennheiser HD650's. Thanks very much to this forum/website and some serious auditions I felt that the 650's best suited my music style and personal preferences.
As I was so happy with my purchase (and bargain!) I felt compared to share this with you. I'm based in the UK so sorry to disappoint anyone outside of Britain but for anyone looking to grab these headphones for a good price, I managed to pick these up for £268.00 from a company in Leeds.
The company is called Bop DJ, here is the link: http://www.bopdj.com/sound/headphones/sennheiser-hd-650.html
They retail the HP's for £288.00 but for your 1st purchase with this company there is an online voucher for £20.00 off that price, plus if you order before 3pm, they will send them next delivery and that was free. Next best price I could find was Amazon for £309, so I was very impressed with these guys.
I did see 2 other stores for cheaper but after a little research on here i quickly discovered they were Asian companies posing as companies based in the UK, so do beware as some folks have had grief from these companies and I personally didn't think it was worth it.
Hope this is useful.
It is a Valab 23 step attenuator
I have some notes on fitting and my impression about halfway down the first post in the link below.
brb I just noticed I made a mistake the link was to the 10k value one. The one I have fitted is actually 100k, same price.
I suggest you read the link Jamie provided.
It is very impressive stuff and includes info re: carbon fibre:
Check out my bottlehead link above, second post. It is not wrap but 2 layers of 200grm real 3k carbon fibre twill fabric infused with expoy resin under vacuum and heat cured at 80 °C.
Thanks Parbaked you beat me to it.
Edited by JamieMcC - 2/8/14 at 3:04pm
novo is great but srg2 or ultra-linear diamond left me wanting nothing more.
It seems this ebayer only has 10k and 250k. Would it be better to just wait around until the 100k's appear?
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX50 dual boot with stock firmware 50 seconds ago
- › COMING SOON: Shanling UP - A Hi-Res, MFI-Certified, USB-C,... 53 seconds ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 1 minute ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Prog rock 2 minutes ago
- › Amp and headphone combo used $800 2 minutes ago
- › Rate the video games you're currently playing 2 minutes ago
- › Upgrade recommendations. 3 minutes ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 4 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear