^^ I'm digging the caps and the pot!! Which pot is that?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Yesterday at 11:37 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
Introduction The portable on-ear or over-the-ear headphone market is, I admit, not something that I’m especially familiar with. I recognize that there is a strong bias towards...
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum Earbud Here is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1055
Gear mentioned in this thread:
O2 stack with HD800 is not bad at all, but I found it lacking in dynamic contrast. Everything else was fine.
I've heard the Crack twice. The first was with the HD650 on Bottlehead's tape rig at RMAF and I didn't like it at all. The second time was a few weeks ago using HD650, DT990 and HE-500. I preferred and enjoyed the DT990. The HD650 was a distant 2nd and the HE-500 is not a good match with the Crack. I find the Crack to be a middling amp.
I've compared the HD600 and HD650 many times over the years, but always came away preferring the HD600. About 5 years ago my main rig was a Little Dot MKVI balanced with DACMagic and HD600. I preferred it over setups much more expensive and have never truly settled on a full size headphone I would own until the HD800 after going through an IEM-only phase and brief flirt with stats (O2 MK1).
But I am not the biggest fan of Hd800. Have heard it on expensive rigs but is a bit dull. I'm heading the audeze way after I got to compare them. I guess I like phones that is somewhat similar to Hd650
Hey 650 fans,
Just received my very 1st pair of Hi-Fi headphones this morning and I decided, after much deliberation, to go with the Sennheiser HD650's. Thanks very much to this forum/website and some serious auditions I felt that the 650's best suited my music style and personal preferences.
As I was so happy with my purchase (and bargain!) I felt compared to share this with you. I'm based in the UK so sorry to disappoint anyone outside of Britain but for anyone looking to grab these headphones for a good price, I managed to pick these up for £268.00 from a company in Leeds.
The company is called Bop DJ, here is the link: http://www.bopdj.com/sound/headphones/sennheiser-hd-650.html
They retail the HP's for £288.00 but for your 1st purchase with this company there is an online voucher for £20.00 off that price, plus if you order before 3pm, they will send them next delivery and that was free. Next best price I could find was Amazon for £309, so I was very impressed with these guys.
I did see 2 other stores for cheaper but after a little research on here i quickly discovered they were Asian companies posing as companies based in the UK, so do beware as some folks have had grief from these companies and I personally didn't think it was worth it.
Hope this is useful.
It is a Valab 23 step attenuator
I have some notes on fitting and my impression about halfway down the first post in the link below.
brb I just noticed I made a mistake the link was to the 10k value one. The one I have fitted is actually 100k, same price.
I suggest you read the link Jamie provided.
It is very impressive stuff and includes info re: carbon fibre:
Check out my bottlehead link above, second post. It is not wrap but 2 layers of 200grm real 3k carbon fibre twill fabric infused with expoy resin under vacuum and heat cured at 80 °C.
Thanks Parbaked you beat me to it.
Edited by JamieMcC - 2/8/14 at 3:04pm
novo is great but srg2 or ultra-linear diamond left me wanting nothing more.
It seems this ebayer only has 10k and 250k. Would it be better to just wait around until the 100k's appear?
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 11 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 1 minute ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 3 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser's New HD Line of Affordable Headphones (HD 451, HD 461,... 5 minutes ago
- › Speaker system - volume issue 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 7 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear