I will admit that after having the 650 with the A2, lyr, Vali and a few others that I knew what the 650 was capable of. After the day spent with the crack and 650 I'm happy to report that I truly didn't. The 650 is more enjoyable than I even imagined.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- More sonically balanced Sennheiser momentums with active noise cancelling for under $150!!! Last post on Today at 6:04 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stereo amplifier for HD650 or Headphone amp? Last post on Yesterday at 12:43 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on 9/17/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on 9/15/14 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1044
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just had a visit at my home by a very respected headfi member. I let him have a listen to the Crack and 650. He went through some of his favorite tracks, sat at moment pondering, and then said that the crack and 650 was one of the best matches he had ever heard and that it was better than the hd800 on many amps he'd heard it paired with. Don't flame me.
He went on to say that the hd800 and a great amp was certainly better but that it takes too much money to chase that combo down. He said he'd prefer to own the crack and 650. When he left we were talking after market crack tubes, crack builders and other mods. I see the crack and 650 in his future.
The HD800 is really fine on crack too if you know what I mean....It's just a great amp with 300ohm HD!
Crack is the best value amp for the HD600/650/800...done.
Edited by parbaked - 2/1/14 at 8:01pm
I'm really looking forward to auditioning the HD 800 on my Crack at the upcoming Charlotte meet. The HD 650 is certified BAD ASS with the Crack/Speedball and even more so with the Tung-Sol 5998. I never put to much stock into tube rolling until I tried it with the 5998, and man, it's definitely noticeable. Like I said in my previous post, I've never heard the bass sound as tight and punchy on the HD 650 on any setup. Mids sweet and silky smooth, soundstage is phenomenal. Fact.
Also can't wait to audition FlySweeps Mazda CIFTE, dude really knows his tubes!
That being said, I'm not quite as impressed with the HD 700 on Crack...I feel that it warms it up a bit too much...slightly too laid back. It's still impeccably detailed, but it somehow loses some of it's addicting bite and energy on the Crack. I prefer it much more on the Darkvoice 3322. I hope I get better results with the HD 800 on the BHC. But either way, the HD 650 and BHC is a combo that will certainly stand the test of time.
Edited by dxanex - 2/1/14 at 8:31pm
I think if you like your 800s, you will probably love them on crack.
If you don't love them, crack may or may not help.
I'm just sayin' if you have 800s and need a cost effective way to make them sound good then crack is worth considering.
But yes, the 650s on crack be fine.
I don't know nothing about 700s...never been there...
Either would be excellent, but if I were choosing between the two I'd go with the HD600.
I know this is somewhat irrelevant, but I did do Note 3 > GoVibe Magnum > HD650 and thought it sounded pretty great. As long as you're hooking it up to a capable setup, it's a fantastic experience. BTW, I'm using Poweramp on my Note 3 for these claims.
Which amp would be the best step-up for the 650's from Vali, when I eventually get an itch to upgrade? BH Crack is the most appealing, but I'm not sure if I can easily find a guy in Finland who can put it together. Are there any noticeable difference between Valhalla and Lyr, or are there any European amps I should consider in similar price range?
The lyr is a good pairing with the 650 IMO. I'll call it an 8 of 10 depending on which tubes are used. I have not heard the Valhalla. I'd encourage you to find a crack builder local though. As far as I'm concerned, the crack is 10/10 with the 650.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 12 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 42 seconds ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT250 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Grado e Series 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX50/DX90 Wallpaper (320x240) Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › Headstage arrow 4 T refurbished 9 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 12 minutes ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 13 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)