I will admit that after having the 650 with the A2, lyr, Vali and a few others that I knew what the 650 was capable of. After the day spent with the crack and 650 I'm happy to report that I truly didn't. The 650 is more enjoyable than I even imagined.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 3/1/15 at 12:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Level: Amateur Mostly Experience: First Personal Pair We can all agree it's been reviewed too much? Good. My turn please... I'm aware of the reputation these carry, how audio should sound...
I wrote this on Amazon, thought I'd share it with you all. Please, ask questions. Audio Technica has crafted a pair of headphones that might make you second guess your pair of MX50s, or any...
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1044
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just had a visit at my home by a very respected headfi member. I let him have a listen to the Crack and 650. He went through some of his favorite tracks, sat at moment pondering, and then said that the crack and 650 was one of the best matches he had ever heard and that it was better than the hd800 on many amps he'd heard it paired with. Don't flame me.
He went on to say that the hd800 and a great amp was certainly better but that it takes too much money to chase that combo down. He said he'd prefer to own the crack and 650. When he left we were talking after market crack tubes, crack builders and other mods. I see the crack and 650 in his future.
The HD800 is really fine on crack too if you know what I mean....It's just a great amp with 300ohm HD!
Crack is the best value amp for the HD600/650/800...done.
Edited by parbaked - 2/1/14 at 8:01pm
I'm really looking forward to auditioning the HD 800 on my Crack at the upcoming Charlotte meet. The HD 650 is certified BAD ASS with the Crack/Speedball and even more so with the Tung-Sol 5998. I never put to much stock into tube rolling until I tried it with the 5998, and man, it's definitely noticeable. Like I said in my previous post, I've never heard the bass sound as tight and punchy on the HD 650 on any setup. Mids sweet and silky smooth, soundstage is phenomenal. Fact.
Also can't wait to audition FlySweeps Mazda CIFTE, dude really knows his tubes!
That being said, I'm not quite as impressed with the HD 700 on Crack...I feel that it warms it up a bit too much...slightly too laid back. It's still impeccably detailed, but it somehow loses some of it's addicting bite and energy on the Crack. I prefer it much more on the Darkvoice 3322. I hope I get better results with the HD 800 on the BHC. But either way, the HD 650 and BHC is a combo that will certainly stand the test of time.
Edited by dxanex - 2/1/14 at 8:31pm
I think if you like your 800s, you will probably love them on crack.
If you don't love them, crack may or may not help.
I'm just sayin' if you have 800s and need a cost effective way to make them sound good then crack is worth considering.
But yes, the 650s on crack be fine.
I don't know nothing about 700s...never been there...
Either would be excellent, but if I were choosing between the two I'd go with the HD600.
I know this is somewhat irrelevant, but I did do Note 3 > GoVibe Magnum > HD650 and thought it sounded pretty great. As long as you're hooking it up to a capable setup, it's a fantastic experience. BTW, I'm using Poweramp on my Note 3 for these claims.
It looks great, and I guess it also sounds great!
Which amp would be the best step-up for the 650's from Vali, when I eventually get an itch to upgrade? BH Crack is the most appealing, but I'm not sure if I can easily find a guy in Finland who can put it together. Are there any noticeable difference between Valhalla and Lyr, or are there any European amps I should consider in similar price range?
The lyr is a good pairing with the 650 IMO. I'll call it an 8 of 10 depending on which tubes are used. I have not heard the Valhalla. I'd encourage you to find a crack builder local though. As far as I'm concerned, the crack is 10/10 with the 650.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 seconds ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for an office safe replacement for Sennheiser HD 595 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE535: Reviews and First Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 3 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 3 minutes ago
- › AIAIAI TMA-1 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Rumor: New Sennheiser Flagship to be surfaced ........ soon 4 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 5 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by ahnvx
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH-MSR7 by LonghornTech
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2