I believe so, there was a guy with them on his 650's for sale about a month ago, they looked like a perfect fit. I checked them out but I just could not bring myself to spend 150+ for an unknown variable.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 1:13 am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1029
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Are these even worth looking although they are priced at $28.99 a pair.
The seams on mine are completely gone but at $80 a pair plus shipping seems pretty steep when one can buy a new winter coat for the same. .........
If you're on a budget the ones I received from the above link for $28.99 a pair arrived in 12 days and are fine.
OK, my pads from China arrived today,12 days not bad as I thought I'd be waiting till after Xmas.
Anyway they are well made and fit great, not too sure if they are any different than OEMs as my originals are almost flat and and the seams are gone.
But the new new pads do reinstate the sound stage and tighten the bass!
Now I can properly compare them with the HD700s that are on the way.
Yeah the tube amp is on my mind but I confess I still have to figure out how the connection would work with my Audiolab separates...
I know it's a stupid doubt but this is my first decent headphone setup.
As an alternative I should buy a headphone amp with DAC, in that case I could connect the Mac mini directly. But I would honestly prefer to enjoy my very good DAC!
I will have to figure out if I am missing something...
Yes but the 8200DQ has only one RCA output (the other one is an XLR) which today feeds the power amp.
What should I do? Duplicate the output with some fancy connectors (oh no!), but even so, how would I avoid the signal going to the speakers???
Please if I'm saying something stupid tell me, and I will immediately make it disappear for the sake of my image on the forum
is there a switch where u can select between either outputing to RCA(say to a tubeamp to hd650)...
or to XLR(connected to your audiolab amp to Bowers spkr)?
Edited by Lorspeaker - 1/24/14 at 9:57am
oooo.....i guess u have to manually plug unplug...?
i took a glance at your manual...geez...mindboggling these digital amps..
Try checking with the manufacturer..or some experts in headfi..:P
i am taking a napzzz
No way man! There must be a solution...
Thanks for your help anyway! I will post a question in a more appropriate thread (sorry for the OT)!
I will come back after some listening with my new HD650, and also for choosing the amp!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 14 seconds ago
- › Aftermarket Audeze LCD-2 cables 27 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Howdy! 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear