HE60 pads fit, they are leather and expensive.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 3/16/15 at 8:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank AudioQuest for providing me with a review sample of their product in exchange for my honest opinion. No matter how much I enjoy listening to...
Read a number of reviews on this pair of headphones before buying, and was quite surprised that no one mentioned the boxy band ( maybe somewhere around 3.5 - 5k ?? ) of upper mids. some songs...
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1029
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Has it got the plastic snap on base?
Or just buy an old leather bag from the thrift shop.. cut out two ovals ..n stick them over the velor;p
I believe so, there was a guy with them on his 650's for sale about a month ago, they looked like a perfect fit. I checked them out but I just could not bring myself to spend 150+ for an unknown variable.
Are these even worth looking although they are priced at $28.99 a pair.
The seams on mine are completely gone but at $80 a pair plus shipping seems pretty steep when one can buy a new winter coat for the same. .........
If you're on a budget the ones I received from the above link for $28.99 a pair arrived in 12 days and are fine.
OK, my pads from China arrived today,12 days not bad as I thought I'd be waiting till after Xmas.
Anyway they are well made and fit great, not too sure if they are any different than OEMs as my originals are almost flat and and the seams are gone.
But the new new pads do reinstate the sound stage and tighten the bass!
Now I can properly compare them with the HD700s that are on the way.
Yeah the tube amp is on my mind but I confess I still have to figure out how the connection would work with my Audiolab separates...
I know it's a stupid doubt but this is my first decent headphone setup.
As an alternative I should buy a headphone amp with DAC, in that case I could connect the Mac mini directly. But I would honestly prefer to enjoy my very good DAC!
I will have to figure out if I am missing something...
Yes but the 8200DQ has only one RCA output (the other one is an XLR) which today feeds the power amp.
What should I do? Duplicate the output with some fancy connectors (oh no!), but even so, how would I avoid the signal going to the speakers???
Please if I'm saying something stupid tell me, and I will immediately make it disappear for the sake of my image on the forum
is there a switch where u can select between either outputing to RCA(say to a tubeamp to hd650)...
or to XLR(connected to your audiolab amp to Bowers spkr)?
Edited by Lorspeaker - 1/24/14 at 9:57am
oooo.....i guess u have to manually plug unplug...?
i took a glance at your manual...geez...mindboggling these digital amps..
Try checking with the manufacturer..or some experts in headfi..:P
i am taking a napzzz
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Beyer DT770 Pro/ 80 Detachable cable MOD 9 seconds ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.8.0 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Making my first set of headphone cables... tips, tricks, help would... 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › Sony "Low Noise" SD card for NW-ZX2 5 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest DragonFly v1.2 USB DAC by twister6
- › AKG K271 MKII Headphones by 1nfiniti
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2