- 2,226 Posts. Joined 10/2010
- Location: Brooklyn, NY
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 8/25/15 at 6:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
You probably already know OPPO as a smartphone brand, but the company called OPPO Digital isn’t exactly the same. It is the American sister company of the Chinese smartphone company, and its main...
Design/durability: The earpiece seems very durable, although there are some light finish issues. The braided cable is one of the best in the industry: there are barely any microphonics, it feels...
They sound better than anything I've heard at this price point. I use these earbuds with my iPod Nano every day. The one thing that makes these things annoying as crap is the stupid cable that gets...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Inearz/Fisher Hearing for providing me with a review sample of their IE-P650 CIEM in exchange for my honest opinion. Manufacturer website:...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1025
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I agree. I guess I was just surprise by how easily a characteristic that is often used to negatively to describe the 650s was completely altered. They seem like they are easily adaptable to various sound preferences.
Is it possible to get the BHC with speedball preassembled? 650 seems likely ending point for me, and somewhere down the line I might wish to beef it up some more.
I fully agree with you. I always had that in the back of my mind as I prepared myself to listen to the HD650 for the first time. There is some recession/veil there, but it's not to the extent that a lot of people describe it as.
However, I've tried the HD650 with my GoVibe Magnum as well and I actually find it the slightest bit more bright (clear might actually be a better term in this situation) than it's pairing with the Asgard 2.
I have a feeling a lot of the 'dark' and 'vailed' criticisms it gets is because of all of the people using it with tubes. Also, an article (which the author and name is lost to me for the moment) pointed out that it was compared a lot to the likes of Beyer's which of course, are sonically bright and V-shaped headphones.
Sure just post an ad for someone who lives within your striking distance to build it. There are some talented builders in this community. I'm sure that you'd find someone who would help.
Here you go. A bit pricey in my opinion...guess it puts on par with other non-DIY amps in the same category.
Edited by AnalogSavior - 1/21/14 at 4:08pm
Pfft, I've built 4 so far and I'd do it for half that. But I'd be afraid to ship it all the way to Finland. God knows what US customs would do to it...
I got a chance to sit down and listen to a Crack (w/speedball) and a HD650 this past weekend. It's hard to consider that combo expensive while your listening to it LOL
I bought a crack pre built from another member here. It did not survive shipping.
Oh no! I hope it wasn't beyond repair. I did ship one once where one side of the 4K resistors had snapped off. Luckily the buyer had enough skill to use a soldering iron to melt the solder back around it snugly. Disaster averted.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 4 seconds ago
- › Lets Talk Metal 9 seconds ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 56 seconds ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 2 minutes ago
- › Huge Comparison of [almost] all the best Bluetooth Headphones -... 2 minutes ago
- › Civilian 6n2+fu32 tube headphone amp 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 6 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 6 minutes ago
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by asymcon
- › Wyrd USB Decrapifier by Mediahound
- › Noble Audio Savant by daduy
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2