....and your brain will "burn in" to the sound signature.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/17/17 at 9:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published here. Introduction I’m a regular watcher and poster on...
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1023
Gear mentioned in this thread:
my burn in process consisted in bending the metal blade(never put pressure on a plastic part!!!!!!) on each side to reduce clamping and have something closer to the hd600. now it really is the most comfy phone on earth and happy sound is better.
The HD 650 was the only headphone I've owned that I wasn't concerned at all about burn-in because they sounded fantastic fresh out of the box. Whether or not you believe in burn in, it's definitely true that their sound improves very much (scales up) on better sources/equipment more than any other headphone I've owned.
650 drivers dropped into 565 chassis. same experience as proper 650's? or not? While they sound fantastic I'm wondering if I'm experiencing the same audio delights as the much-heralded pukka 650's. What do you think?
Edited by Chuck Dee - 1/16/14 at 5:59pm
That is interesting indeed... if it can make the 650's more comfortable (less clamp) for gigantic heads like mine.
Not to say the HD650 is uncomfortable... I just needed some break-in time and careful metal band stretching to achieve that comfort.
My impression as well. Maybe as much brain burn in as HP burn in, but the HD650 is the 1st HP that sounded to me so good right out of the box.
I think these sound so good out of the box because they have such an easy to listen to sound sig.
Some other headphones can seem more abrasive out of the box due to being brighter or overly mid focused etc etc.
These tend to take my brain at least longer to adjust to.
My Mad Dog 3.2's when I had those would take me 5 minutes to adjust to every time I put them on haha.
And I loved those!
dun think there is that rectangular foam on the hd650.....
so u will HAVE to buy the actual hd650 to join in the REAL fun.. :P
The HD600 vs HD650 poll started over 2 weeks ago is going to close in a little over a day so that we can finally crown a champion once and for all! With over a 100 votes so far, it's still rather close.
If you still haven't voted and you've listened to both of these headphones on a similar setup, vote here:
I'm currently listening to FLACs on my computer with the HD 650s through a Magni/Modi stack. Everything is great, except I would have preferred a little better treble clarity.
I'm thinking of upgrading the stock cables to a silver cable. I heard this improves the treble a bit.
Any recommendations? So far, the Toxic Silver Poison 6 ft one looks pretty attractive. I heard this has a very long wait time? I'm based in the US. Are there any other cables that wil give me better bang-for-buck? Thanks.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Can my amp drive HE-6 14 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 38 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 1 minute ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 or Sennheiser HD598 3 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for Movies? 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear