or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1007

post #15091 of 28410
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

Nothing really on paper/in theory. Just that most of the fiio products are warmish with rolled off highs which doesn't usually make a good match for the 650. 

I don't think that the E12 has rolled off highs, that may just be the idle chatter that makes it's rounds.....I just looked at the FR curves for the E12 and it looks like it's down relative 0.5 dB at 30 kHz. I know one thing for sure, I can't hear that as a problem. :D This is not hard to accomplish in a modern amp. 

post #15092 of 28410

The FR graph means nothing till you plug in the hp into the and listen. :wink: 

post #15093 of 28410
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

The FR graph means nothing till you plug in the hp into the and listen. :wink: 

And it does sound pretty flat to me. By the way, amps are not cans, there is no acoustic coupling. Unless the manufacturer is a flat out liar it should really be flat. This is very easy to achieve in an amp. Cans are another story, you won't see the jiggly FR curves in amps that you see in cans as acoustics do not come into play for amps.

post #15094 of 28410

I just bought a FiiO E12.  I'll use it for the next little bit and save up for a more hardcore DAC/AMP combo.  It will power the headphones which was my main concern.  Thank you all for your help!

post #15095 of 28410
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanD View Post
 

And it does sound pretty flat to me. By the way, amps are not cans, there is no acoustic coupling. Unless the manufacturer is a flat out liar it should really be flat. This is very easy to achieve in an amp. Cans are another story, you won't see the jiggly FR curves in amps that you see in cans as acoustics do not come into play for amps.

 

And I have not heard a single fiio amp that sounds "flat" to my ears. I've heard quite a few including the e12 and owned most of the others. Fiio products are not historically know as "flat" sounding, nor do they sound that way to me. 

post #15096 of 28410

I just used the E12 on my ATHM50s and it seemed to make the bass way huger, and it panned out the highs and mids a bit.  Interesting.

post #15097 of 28410
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtheory View Post
 

I just used the E12 on my ATHM50s and it seemed to make the bass way huger, and it panned out the highs and mids a bit.  Interesting.

 

That's about the way that I hear it as well...

post #15098 of 28410

I was considering this is a DAC:

 

http://www.needledoctor.com/HRT-Music-Streamer-II-D-A-Converter_2

 

That and an Audioquest cinnamon usb cable

 

This guy is willing to sell to me for $150

 

Good deal?

Worth buying?

post #15099 of 28410
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

And I have not heard a single fiio amp that sounds "flat" to my ears. I've heard quite a few including the e12 and owned most of the others. Fiio products are not historically know as "flat" sounding, nor do they sound that way to me. 

I guess not everyone sees hears it the same way. I hope you're not using the little E06 as a reference point. :tongue:

post #15100 of 28410
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtheory View Post
 

I just used the E12 on my ATHM50s and it seemed to make the bass way huger, and it panned out the highs and mids a bit.  Interesting.

What do you mean by panned out?

post #15101 of 28410

May I have some help on amping?

I will be receiving my HD650s soon and I am trying to decide on the amp. I mostly listen to jazz and some classic rock. My budget is approximately 300 euro and since I live in Europe, I have limited access to the Schit Lyr and the Bottlehead Crack which would make the obvious choice. My plan is to get the amp first and then get a DAC as well. 

So here are my options:

i) Musical Fidelity X-Can V8+X-PSU (used and rather cheap, ~200 euro)

ii) Audiolab M-DAC (used and rather cheap, ~350 euro but is the amp good enough -at least tolerable until I can afford a decent amp)

iii) Micromega MyZic (~250 euro)

iv) Little Dot mk IV (~250 euro)

v) La Figaro 336C (~230 euro)

vi) La Figaro 332C (~290 euro)

vii) La Figaro 332S (~320 euro)

What do you think I should do?

post #15102 of 28410
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxanthop View Post
 

May I have some help on amping?

I will be receiving my HD650s soon and I am trying to decide on the amp. I mostly listen to jazz and some classic rock. My budget is approximately 300 euro and since I live in Europe, I have limited access to the Schit Lyr and the Bottlehead Crack which would make the obvious choice. My plan is to get the amp first and then get a DAC as well. 

So here are my options:

i) Musical Fidelity X-Can V8+X-PSU (used and rather cheap, ~200 euro)

ii) Audiolab M-DAC (used and rather cheap, ~350 euro but is the amp good enough -at least tolerable until I can afford a decent amp)

iii) Micromega MyZic (~250 euro)

iv) Little Dot mk IV (~250 euro)

v) La Figaro 336C (~230 euro)

vi) La Figaro 332C (~290 euro)

vii) La Figaro 332S (~320 euro)

What do you think I should do?

Jasper9395 is selling a Crack in Europe.

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/694928/bottlehead-crack-with-speedball-and-output-caps-upgrade

post #15103 of 28410
Quote:
Originally Posted by kxanthop View Post
 

May I have some help on amping?

I will be receiving my HD650s soon and I am trying to decide on the amp. I mostly listen to jazz and some classic rock. My budget is approximately 300 euro and since I live in Europe, I have limited access to the Schit Lyr and the Bottlehead Crack which would make the obvious choice. My plan is to get the amp first and then get a DAC as well. 

So here are my options:

i) Musical Fidelity X-Can V8+X-PSU (used and rather cheap, ~200 euro)

ii) Audiolab M-DAC (used and rather cheap, ~350 euro but is the amp good enough -at least tolerable until I can afford a decent amp)

iii) Micromega MyZic (~250 euro)

iv) Little Dot mk IV (~250 euro)

v) La Figaro 336C (~230 euro)

vi) La Figaro 332C (~290 euro)

vii) La Figaro 332S (~320 euro)

What do you think I should do?

I would move to a country that has better choices of hifi gear and no VAT. Just kidding :D I don't think you're going to find anyone that has listened to all of these, directly comparing them on the spot. Your answers are likely to be anecdotal. Doesn't the EU have good return policies for online purchases?

post #15104 of 28410

I mean that as in on the "soundstage" the mids and highs (moreso the highs) were further out to the left and right in virtual soundspace.

post #15105 of 28410

That was on one song in particular/one particular mix etc - I'm just noticing that regardless of the song it sounds way better with the amp.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread