Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 1000

post #14986 of 19014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berg View Post
 

Should I buy Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D for my HD650?


Based on amp alone, I'd totally buy the Vali over the O2 for the HD650.

post #14987 of 19014
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post
 


Based on amp alone, I'd totally buy the Vali over the O2 for the HD650.

The Vali cant even touch the O2 performance wise.


Edited by pelayostyle - 12/27/13 at 1:57pm
post #14988 of 19014
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelayostyle View Post
 

The Vali cant even touch the O2's performance wise.

I'd agree if you meant the exact opposite of what you said :) Have you heard the Vali? 

post #14989 of 19014
Quote:
Originally Posted by imackler View Post
 

I'd agree if you meant the exact opposite of what you said :) Have you heard the Vali? 

 

+1 on this...

post #14990 of 19014
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

+1 on this...

Me Two.....

post #14991 of 19014

cAOccLW.jpg

post #14992 of 19014

Wow, 1000 pages of HD650 love.....

 

.....well mostly love.:o

post #14993 of 19014

O2 is a good BUDGET option for the HD-650. I don't know how anyone could say otherwise.

I mean it's not coloring it's sound in any way and sounds nearly identical (like 95%) to how it also sounds on other dead neutral amps.

IMO the O2 isn't bright/cold or thin. The treble could be a tad smoother with the brightest headphones, but that's nit-picking.

 

I really do think if people absolutely HATE the O2 with the HD-650 they prefer more coloration. Nothing wrong with that.

I like the nice mids of the HD-650 just as they are. No, i'm no O2 fanboy and it's not even my main amp, but for $130 or so it's tough to beat as an "All-rounder" amp.

 

With 3 of my favorite amps the soundstage of the HD-650 is really quite large and spacious sounding. I really don't want to change this, lose detail and make things sound "thicker".

 

I've been playing Dark Souls on the Xbox 360 non-stop lately with the HD-650 and an O2 in the bedroom and love it. Sounds perfect with movies too and no lack of bass and never does it sound closed in or congested.

 

I'd take the iFi iCAN, Micro Amp, O2 or Magni over the Vali for the HD-650 any day. Magni is a little bright though and iCAN's soundstage is just average with the HD-650. It has some warmth.

 

BTW strangely enough my HD-650 in the last month has gotten more use than my modded Q701. Mostly due to it being very slightly more comfortable.

 

HD-650 and modded Q701 are now very closed in sound and I know that's hard to believe. HD-650 always had a little more bass than the stock Q701, but now it's even closer.

post #14994 of 19014
^^
If someone hates the sound with an O2 it means they don't like the headphone.
post #14995 of 19014
Quote:
Originally Posted by proton007 View Post

^^
If someone hates the sound with an O2 it means they don't like the headphone.

Or they come from either Varda or Calpamos.

post #14996 of 19014
I just came here to tell ya bastards to never upgrade on the HD650 if you like it. You won't find a better one.
post #14997 of 19014
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbigpr View Post

I just came here to tell ya bastards to never upgrade on the HD650 if you like it. You won't find a better one.

Bah, headphone bigot. You're bad for business.

post #14998 of 19014

If any of you remember, I messed up the wiring on one of my drivers last month. I ended up having to resort to buying a new pair of drivers (didn't want to leave one new, one old). They arrived earlier this week. It feels good to be listening to my HD 650s again. I was going through withdrawl. It was pretty bad. Anyway, it felt like I was going through a brief burn-in period. When I first used them, it seemed as though the bass was lacking. Everything opened really quickly after I started listening for a little bit.

 

Currently, I have my HD 650s hooked up to my Fiio X3. I set it to high gain and set the bass to 2. They drive my headphones surprisingly well. I'd definitely recommend this simple setup for someone who doesn't want to spend a ton of money on a DAC and amp.

post #14999 of 19014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unfie View Post
 

If any of you remember, I messed up the wiring on one of my drivers last month. I ended up having to resort to buying a new pair of drivers (didn't want to leave one new, one old). They arrived earlier this week. It feels good to be listening to my HD 650s again. I was going through withdrawl. It was pretty bad. Anyway, it felt like I was going through a brief burn-in period. When I first used them, it seemed as though the bass was lacking. Everything opened really quickly after I started listening for a little bit.

 

Currently, I have my HD 650s hooked up to my Fiio X3. I set it to high gain and set the bass to 2. They drive my headphones surprisingly well. I'd definitely recommend this simple setup for someone who doesn't want to spend a ton of money on a DAC and amp.

 

I used this setup when I was out of town last week. I thought that it was just okay. If I spent more time on the road I'd probably want something a bit more dynamic. 

post #15000 of 19014
Quote:
Originally Posted by derbigpr View Post

I just came here to tell ya bastards to never upgrade on the HD650 if you like it. You won't find a better one.

Even Sennheiser couldn't improve on the HD650. They had to come up with a new model number. wink.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread