- 40 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: London, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 4/25/15 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 4/21/15 at 11:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
It would be impossible to replicate my first impressions of the Pioneer Superior Club Sound in-ear headphone series. As such, if you’d like my initial reaction, check out myPioneer SE-CX9 review....
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 979
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thank you for that info! That is interesting news! Does anyone happen to have a pic of what the prototype looks like or any prototype details about it?
Man I'd love to see a DIY DAC from Bottlehead!
I really enjoy my Music Streamer II+ on the Crack/Speedball combo a lot. Completely black background and super detail. I actually heard the combo at a meet and quickly purchased my own. I've also read that the Schiit DACs are also a good match with the Crack. A lot of HD 650 owners like that Schiit.
I had a pair of WW silver eclipse 6 RCA ...it's superb,
But the cabledyne silver RCA is clearly superior in clarity n depth (on my setup..)
made my WW redundant n I sold it off
I used Luna 6 to connect Bifrost Uber with WA7, Lyr, Crack and S.E.X. but since I no longer need long cable I decided to buy short cable and after trial of 4 different cables I got Cardas Microtwin to connect DacMagic Plus and S.E.X. and it sounds great with clear smooth and detailed highs driving HD800 connected to speakers taps using Moon Audio Blue Dragon cable modified by Moon Audio from the one I used with HD650 and had difficulty selling
It depends on your budget. Of course the Bottlehead Crack is a favorite among a lot of HD650 owners, but of course you do have to build it. But also, you may be able to find one in the Head-fi classifieds that is already built or ask Bottlehead to build it for you (for an extra fee). I am really liking the Schiit Vali with the HD650's, it pairs well with them for me, however it depends if you like tubes or solid state. Other options are the Schiit Valhalla, Asgard 2, Magni, or Schiit Lyr. Yes i only named 2 brands the Crack and Schitt, but those seem to be the most popular amongst HD650 owners.
It really comes down to your budget, whether or not you want tube or solid state and the sound signature you are looking for.
Edited by TheGame - 12/7/13 at 9:52am
Well the Magni is a great sounding amp, especially for it's price, and it does pair well with the HD650's. The HD650's are considered to be a "darker" sounding headphone with coloration, while the Magni is a bright amp. Pairing them together makes good sense. For me though, I prefer a darker sound and I like the warmth of tubes thus I like the Vali with the HD650's, and the $119 price tag for the Vali can't be beat for it's quality.
If you're in the $100 -$150 Range I suggest Magni for a brighter solid state amp, or the Vali for a warmer tube amp. If you have a higher budget then of course you'll have more options, but for the price of either one of those two amps mentioned, they are very good quality sounding amps with the HD650.
Edited by TheGame - 12/7/13 at 10:40am
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 12 seconds ago
- › Clear Tune Monitors CT-6E Elite Flagship Thread 26 seconds ago
- › The JVC HA-S500.. Appreciation, fan thread. 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla and Angie - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The JVC HA-S680 - S400's and S500's big brother is here! 3 minutes ago
- › Help with New headphones up to £200 / $300 looking for the wow factor 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 4 minutes ago
- › Bluedio UFO 8 Drivers Bluetooth Headphones Review 5 minutes ago
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › Xiaomi Pistion III Youth Edition by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2