- 56 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: London, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 5/14/15 at 9:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 5/19/15 at 5:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 5/26/15 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 979
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thank you for that info! That is interesting news! Does anyone happen to have a pic of what the prototype looks like or any prototype details about it?
Man I'd love to see a DIY DAC from Bottlehead!
I really enjoy my Music Streamer II+ on the Crack/Speedball combo a lot. Completely black background and super detail. I actually heard the combo at a meet and quickly purchased my own. I've also read that the Schiit DACs are also a good match with the Crack. A lot of HD 650 owners like that Schiit.
I had a pair of WW silver eclipse 6 RCA ...it's superb,
But the cabledyne silver RCA is clearly superior in clarity n depth (on my setup..)
made my WW redundant n I sold it off
I used Luna 6 to connect Bifrost Uber with WA7, Lyr, Crack and S.E.X. but since I no longer need long cable I decided to buy short cable and after trial of 4 different cables I got Cardas Microtwin to connect DacMagic Plus and S.E.X. and it sounds great with clear smooth and detailed highs driving HD800 connected to speakers taps using Moon Audio Blue Dragon cable modified by Moon Audio from the one I used with HD650 and had difficulty selling
It depends on your budget. Of course the Bottlehead Crack is a favorite among a lot of HD650 owners, but of course you do have to build it. But also, you may be able to find one in the Head-fi classifieds that is already built or ask Bottlehead to build it for you (for an extra fee). I am really liking the Schiit Vali with the HD650's, it pairs well with them for me, however it depends if you like tubes or solid state. Other options are the Schiit Valhalla, Asgard 2, Magni, or Schiit Lyr. Yes i only named 2 brands the Crack and Schitt, but those seem to be the most popular amongst HD650 owners.
It really comes down to your budget, whether or not you want tube or solid state and the sound signature you are looking for.
Edited by TheGame - 12/7/13 at 9:52am
Well the Magni is a great sounding amp, especially for it's price, and it does pair well with the HD650's. The HD650's are considered to be a "darker" sounding headphone with coloration, while the Magni is a bright amp. Pairing them together makes good sense. For me though, I prefer a darker sound and I like the warmth of tubes thus I like the Vali with the HD650's, and the $119 price tag for the Vali can't be beat for it's quality.
If you're in the $100 -$150 Range I suggest Magni for a brighter solid state amp, or the Vali for a warmer tube amp. If you have a higher budget then of course you'll have more options, but for the price of either one of those two amps mentioned, they are very good quality sounding amps with the HD650.
Edited by TheGame - 12/7/13 at 10:40am
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 34 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 57 seconds ago
- › = Hifiman Regrilling Mod = 57 seconds ago
- › what is electricity. what is that 'stuff' flowing through all our... 1 minute ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 2 minutes ago
- › Have I been lied to my whole life? 2 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2