- 57 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: London, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 8/25/15 at 6:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on Yesterday at 3:52 pm in Headphones (full-size)
About Me I am in my fifties and have loved music and music equipment all my life. From about 8 years old, I had my first exposure to my mother’s reel to reel tape recorder. A few years later, I...
Introduction: I was asked by Brainwavz’/GPGSHK’s Pandora whether I was interested in reviewing their latest Brainwavz product, the Kidwavz KV100 that was especially designed for kids, so I...
At the time of the review, the Brainwavz Jive earphone was was on sale at Amazon’s website for $25.00 USD. Here is a link to Their listing of the...
You got a budget? You want Bluetooth Earphones? Buy the Qy7. Simple. Done. Easy. There is a little more to it though. Important features is the V4.1 Bluetooth connection, this...
What is Cozoy Aegis?: Did you remember Cozoy Astrapi DAC/AMP? Well this is the brother of it Aegis (right) Aegis (left) and Astrapi (right) Cozoy Aegis is a...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 979
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thank you for that info! That is interesting news! Does anyone happen to have a pic of what the prototype looks like or any prototype details about it?
Man I'd love to see a DIY DAC from Bottlehead!
I really enjoy my Music Streamer II+ on the Crack/Speedball combo a lot. Completely black background and super detail. I actually heard the combo at a meet and quickly purchased my own. I've also read that the Schiit DACs are also a good match with the Crack. A lot of HD 650 owners like that Schiit.
I had a pair of WW silver eclipse 6 RCA ...it's superb,
But the cabledyne silver RCA is clearly superior in clarity n depth (on my setup..)
made my WW redundant n I sold it off
I used Luna 6 to connect Bifrost Uber with WA7, Lyr, Crack and S.E.X. but since I no longer need long cable I decided to buy short cable and after trial of 4 different cables I got Cardas Microtwin to connect DacMagic Plus and S.E.X. and it sounds great with clear smooth and detailed highs driving HD800 connected to speakers taps using Moon Audio Blue Dragon cable modified by Moon Audio from the one I used with HD650 and had difficulty selling
It depends on your budget. Of course the Bottlehead Crack is a favorite among a lot of HD650 owners, but of course you do have to build it. But also, you may be able to find one in the Head-fi classifieds that is already built or ask Bottlehead to build it for you (for an extra fee). I am really liking the Schiit Vali with the HD650's, it pairs well with them for me, however it depends if you like tubes or solid state. Other options are the Schiit Valhalla, Asgard 2, Magni, or Schiit Lyr. Yes i only named 2 brands the Crack and Schitt, but those seem to be the most popular amongst HD650 owners.
It really comes down to your budget, whether or not you want tube or solid state and the sound signature you are looking for.
Edited by TheGame - 12/7/13 at 9:52am
Well the Magni is a great sounding amp, especially for it's price, and it does pair well with the HD650's. The HD650's are considered to be a "darker" sounding headphone with coloration, while the Magni is a bright amp. Pairing them together makes good sense. For me though, I prefer a darker sound and I like the warmth of tubes thus I like the Vali with the HD650's, and the $119 price tag for the Vali can't be beat for it's quality.
If you're in the $100 -$150 Range I suggest Magni for a brighter solid state amp, or the Vali for a warmer tube amp. If you have a higher budget then of course you'll have more options, but for the price of either one of those two amps mentioned, they are very good quality sounding amps with the HD650.
Edited by TheGame - 12/7/13 at 10:40am
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Official NYC area / Regional Fall meet, November 14th, 2015 -... 40 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 58 seconds ago
- › Question about self-titled The Doors album on HDTracks 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › Panasonic RP-HD10 - A Serious Contender? 2 minutes ago
- › xDuoo X2 - small lossless player with microSD and OLED! 2 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 6 minutes ago
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 6 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Heaven VII by AndrewH13
- › Brainwavz Kidwavz KV100 Childrens Bluetooth Volume Limited Headphones by HiFiChris
- › Brainwavz Jive by Hisoundfi
- › Soundpeats Qy7 Mini Lightweight Wireless Stereo Sports/running... by BloodyPenguin
- › Cozoy Aegis Portable 24/192 DAC/Amp by Baycode
- › OPPO HA-2 by ClieOS
- › Westone UM Pro 30 by Voyageur
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by STRMfrmXMN
- › Inearz IE-P650 6xBA driver CIEM by twister6
- › Creative Aurvana In-Ear3 by Fidelity King
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2