- 56 Posts. Joined 12/2013
- Location: London, England.
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 5/14/15 at 9:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 7/9/15 at 1:29am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Preface: Hearing the MSB Analog was a long overdue matter. A couple of weeks ago, I finally decided it was a good time to do something about it, hence I got one from local dealer to have the...
Me: I am an amateur musician & avid admirer of music. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time passed,...
Disclaimer I was part of the european leg on the X5 world tour, so I did receive a review unit, free of charge, for ten days, but it was already running FW 1.0. I am in no way affiliated with...
Ultrasone Edition 5 Unlimited needs some serious burning-in. They sound horrible at the beginning but after about 30-40 hrs they are getting better and better - very open (doesn't sound like closed...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 979
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Thank you for that info! That is interesting news! Does anyone happen to have a pic of what the prototype looks like or any prototype details about it?
Man I'd love to see a DIY DAC from Bottlehead!
I really enjoy my Music Streamer II+ on the Crack/Speedball combo a lot. Completely black background and super detail. I actually heard the combo at a meet and quickly purchased my own. I've also read that the Schiit DACs are also a good match with the Crack. A lot of HD 650 owners like that Schiit.
I had a pair of WW silver eclipse 6 RCA ...it's superb,
But the cabledyne silver RCA is clearly superior in clarity n depth (on my setup..)
made my WW redundant n I sold it off
I used Luna 6 to connect Bifrost Uber with WA7, Lyr, Crack and S.E.X. but since I no longer need long cable I decided to buy short cable and after trial of 4 different cables I got Cardas Microtwin to connect DacMagic Plus and S.E.X. and it sounds great with clear smooth and detailed highs driving HD800 connected to speakers taps using Moon Audio Blue Dragon cable modified by Moon Audio from the one I used with HD650 and had difficulty selling
It depends on your budget. Of course the Bottlehead Crack is a favorite among a lot of HD650 owners, but of course you do have to build it. But also, you may be able to find one in the Head-fi classifieds that is already built or ask Bottlehead to build it for you (for an extra fee). I am really liking the Schiit Vali with the HD650's, it pairs well with them for me, however it depends if you like tubes or solid state. Other options are the Schiit Valhalla, Asgard 2, Magni, or Schiit Lyr. Yes i only named 2 brands the Crack and Schitt, but those seem to be the most popular amongst HD650 owners.
It really comes down to your budget, whether or not you want tube or solid state and the sound signature you are looking for.
Edited by TheGame - 12/7/13 at 9:52am
Well the Magni is a great sounding amp, especially for it's price, and it does pair well with the HD650's. The HD650's are considered to be a "darker" sounding headphone with coloration, while the Magni is a bright amp. Pairing them together makes good sense. For me though, I prefer a darker sound and I like the warmth of tubes thus I like the Vali with the HD650's, and the $119 price tag for the Vali can't be beat for it's quality.
If you're in the $100 -$150 Range I suggest Magni for a brighter solid state amp, or the Vali for a warmer tube amp. If you have a higher budget then of course you'll have more options, but for the price of either one of those two amps mentioned, they are very good quality sounding amps with the HD650.
Edited by TheGame - 12/7/13 at 10:40am
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › New Releases 2015 - No Records Released Before 2015 14 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 28 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 31 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 42 seconds ago
- › Official HIFIMAN HE1000 Impressions Thread 50 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › Icon Audio HP8/MP 3 4 minutes ago
- › MSB Analog by negura
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by kar13
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by YoYo JoKeR
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by WayneWoondirts
- › Ultrasone Edition 5 unlimited by hechlok
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by Fademan77
- › Rhapsodio RD3 Hi-Fi Grade Dynamic In-Ear Monitor by Kunlun
- › Future Sonics Spectrum Series: G10 by Kunlun
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by Cotnijoe
- › Shure SE215 by KewStone
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3