- 97 Posts. Joined 2/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 3/16/15 at 8:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
Bought one of these to keep me going while I save for a replacement dac for my bedside rig. My previous Dac's have all been in the lower to mid end so this review is based on that level- Arcam,...
Details: Single balanced armature flagship universal IEMs from Final Audio Design Price: Heaven VII EU 550; Heaven VIII EU 600 Specs: Driver: Single BA | Imp: 24Ω | Sens: 106 dB | Freq: not...
The Audeze LCD 2.2 is one of the most popular headphones on Head-Fi. Much has already been written about them, so adding yet another review may not offer anything new or different. However, when...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 970
Gear mentioned in this thread:
For me, Sennheiser HD 650 is my cure for all poisons out there, and now I think my wallet for audio is safe for a long time. I paired my 650's with Meier STAGEDAC and CONCERTO and satisfied with this setup, while using AIMP3 as the hi definition music player for my laptop, my audio heaven is reached.
u can do a triple decker...add a tube amp to top it off..:P
How about http://wooaudio.com/products/wa5le.html ?
That's a 'boss' set-up man, while now I'm an employee... I think my current set-up is enough, maybe someday when I've become a boss, I'll upgrade the DAC and amps but not the headphone, I'm fall in love with HD 650's sound sig, no other headphone sound like this...
Edited by ExCelciuS - 11/28/13 at 8:30am
a compromise to the Woo is my darkvoice336se...just cant cough out the $$...unless my sell my neighbour's cat.
Love those bulby globes...ooooo.
( i have sold off everything in that stack..lol. )
Waiting for the FedEx person to bring me 650's.
Current headphone is a 20 year old Sony MDR CD 750 Digital Reference (big around the ear closed back), which I don't think I ever cared for at all. First re-impression putting them on my head a few days ago (with lots of current runtime) was - harsh - crackly undefined sibilance - dead soundstage - honky "cupped hands" shouty sound - where's the bass - and so on.
Ears acclimated after a while and they sounded sort of "ok", but...
From all I've read here and elsewhere I have pretty high expectations for the 650's.
My stereo is up to snuff, so I have an idea of what I hope to hear.
I have a Benchmark DAC1 HDR which should drive them cleanly.
The rest of the system is:
Various digital sources - cd, oppo, TV, cable box, PC,
Sony XDR-F1HD Radio (analog outputs)
Krell KCT preamp and FPB 350mcx monoblocks
Martin Logan reQuest speakers - 14x48 electrostatic panel with 12" woofer
For occasional digital EQ a Behringer Ultracuve Pro DEQ 2496.
I don't expect the 650's to better the speaker presentation, I certainly expect them to better the Sony. If not, all you folks are simply out of your minds.
Watch for my ad on eBay:
Sony MDR CD 750 Digital Reference Buy Now ! Vintage Sony Sound ! Top of the Line in 1993 ! You won't not regret buying these! Endorsed by Deney Terrio! Re-Equipped with Re-Cycled Audiophile Vinyl Chinese Earpads! No break-in required! All sales final ! As seen on TV! No Assembly Required!
...still waiting, shouldn't be more than another hour or two
*now playing - Ravi Shankar / Philip Glass Passages
Just make sure you buy it from Authorized Sennheiser Dealer as I bought mine directly from http://en-us.sennheiser.com/high-quality-headphones-around-ear-audio-surround-hd-650
The price is a little bit higher plus tax, but it's ok to ensure the 100% originality of the product.
Authorized Sennheiser Dealer list :
It is recommended to register your product here :
Non-Authorized Sennheiser Dealer list :
Official Counterfeit information :
Edited by ExCelciuS - 12/1/13 at 12:55am
Amazon Black Friday: Currently $449 with an extra occasional 15% off, so $380
Amazon Black Friday: Currently $449 with an extra occasional 15% off, so $380
To RayDunzl - Has anyone ever told you that you look like Stravinsky?
I am a newbie HD650 owner and have found trawling through this enormous thread very helpful. I would stress two things from my own experience: Giving burn-in time is very important for the HD650s. I used music and noise and found that wonderful things started to happen after the 80 hour mark. That's the first thing.
Secondly, the HD650s are very revealing of recordings and 'suit' some more than others. Even where I feel that my other cans (AKG Q701) have a bit of an advantage (airiness, clarity), I still end up preferring the way that the 650s grab the music, the soul of it, and make it live.
They do have a bit of a bass 'bulge' on some recordings - I played the Bruckner 2 with the Dresden Staatskapelle and Eugen Jochum (EMI, now Warner - never a distinguished recording) and was taken aback by the exaggerated sound of the lower strings, especially the basses. There was a lot of plonking going on. My faith in the HD650s wavered for a moment. I then played the old Decca recording of Bruckner 3 with the Vienna Philharmonic and Böhm: it was a revelation - the Sennheisers produced amazing soundstage and pin-sharp accuracy with the usual tremendous subjective sense of involvement. If I had a criticism if would have been that the it was all a bit bass-light. I concluded that the HD650s tell it how it is. There is an element of the GIGO principle working here.
Well, that's my two penny worth for today. Enjoy!
Someone just kindly 'rated' my last post. I didn't know you could do that. I am filled with guilt at the number of marvelous posts that I have profited from and failed to give the green thumbs-up to. Well, I shall work my way back giving many thumbs-up on the way! What a wonderful thread this is.
Stravinsky it is!
Very first impression, just fondling them a little, is "nice unit"...
Nice box, no dandruff or curly hairs on the ear cups... No detritus, no flying debris at all...
A very handsome (understated) device.
I will admire them a little longer and then plug in for a cold start.
What to play for the inaugural piece?
Carla Bley - Copyright Royalties - from the cd Social Studies
My traditional "try something new with something old and well known" piece.
I'll be back in an hour or so...
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › FIDUE A83 impressions and discussion thread 41 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Orthodynamic Roundup 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Stax Lambda Nova Basic + SRM-Xh 3 minutes ago
- › Senn HD598 and bloated bass 3 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2