The Decware CSP2+ is also fantastic with the HD650's. I would imagine the new CSP3+ would also match up wonderfully.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 936
Gear mentioned in this thread:
^^ The minimum I would do is DF to Schiit Valhalla (or Bottlehead Crack). Note that the Valhalla or Crack are good for high impedance headphones so if you're not planning on getting any planars (Audeze or HiFiMAN), you're good. Otherwise go for the Lyr as it will drive almost anything.
Celebratory funds have run dry (it was my cakeday yesterday -- mid 20's at last). Sometimes though, the journey is more rewarding than the destination, so it's good to know I have something to look forward to! Perhaps 2014 will be the year of the Lyr2 or Bottlehead-LSD/Ecstasy. Thanks for the replies!
WOW! The CSP3 looks fantastic.
Well, my one caveat with this headphone has been fixed, seriously. I have an aftermarket cable with me right now, and the soundstage has gone up by 15-25%. YAY!
Edited by wolfetan44 - 10/16/13 at 5:09pm
Just got it in, and sat down with it a couple minutes before posting this.
This is a Complement2 from Double Helix Cables, and its in a alternate sleeving, black techflex. It has Furutech's HD650 connectors, and I like them a lot, but they are more money($50).
The Cardas HD650 connectors are $15. Its Peptide Litz, so its copper. This is it: http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=7 The second one, thats not braided. Yes, it is heavy.
thinking of snagging a pair of balanced cable too...
just saw this.
Sweet man! Snag it!
Didn't buy it, I recieved it to test. I will be sending it back soon enough.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 55 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 6 minutes ago
- › m4u 1 vs. a900x vs. t50rp 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: Beyerdynamic DT 770 9 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 12 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 13 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)