The Decware CSP2+ is also fantastic with the HD650's. I would imagine the new CSP3+ would also match up wonderfully.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Circumaural travel headphones (Alternatives to the PXC450) Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:46pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can mid-fi be too good? Last post on 6/17/14 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 936
Gear mentioned in this thread:
^^ The minimum I would do is DF to Schiit Valhalla (or Bottlehead Crack). Note that the Valhalla or Crack are good for high impedance headphones so if you're not planning on getting any planars (Audeze or HiFiMAN), you're good. Otherwise go for the Lyr as it will drive almost anything.
Celebratory funds have run dry (it was my cakeday yesterday -- mid 20's at last). Sometimes though, the journey is more rewarding than the destination, so it's good to know I have something to look forward to! Perhaps 2014 will be the year of the Lyr2 or Bottlehead-LSD/Ecstasy. Thanks for the replies!
WOW! The CSP3 looks fantastic.
Well, my one caveat with this headphone has been fixed, seriously. I have an aftermarket cable with me right now, and the soundstage has gone up by 15-25%. YAY!
Edited by wolfetan44 - 10/16/13 at 5:09pm
Just got it in, and sat down with it a couple minutes before posting this.
This is a Complement2 from Double Helix Cables, and its in a alternate sleeving, black techflex. It has Furutech's HD650 connectors, and I like them a lot, but they are more money($50).
The Cardas HD650 connectors are $15. Its Peptide Litz, so its copper. This is it: http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=7 The second one, thats not braided. Yes, it is heavy.
thinking of snagging a pair of balanced cable too...
just saw this.
Sweet man! Snag it!
Didn't buy it, I recieved it to test. I will be sending it back soon enough.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 44 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Eating burger with fork and knife? 3 minutes ago
- › Have to re-flow solder every 24 hours to make my driver work again... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › What "house sound" annoys you the most? 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)