The Decware CSP2+ is also fantastic with the HD650's. I would imagine the new CSP3+ would also match up wonderfully.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser wireless RS 220 and how to best use it Last post on 10/6/14 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything like a right-angle jack for Sennheiser headphones? Last post on 10/1/14 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable over-the-ear headphones recommendations needed Last post on 10/2/14 at 6:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- hd650 enquiry Last post on 9/22/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open letter to John Grado Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Overall Impressions This is a amazingly looking device, it does not matter how you look at it, it is simply a pleasure to look at. That is the first impact that one have once you look at it,...
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 936
Gear mentioned in this thread:
^^ The minimum I would do is DF to Schiit Valhalla (or Bottlehead Crack). Note that the Valhalla or Crack are good for high impedance headphones so if you're not planning on getting any planars (Audeze or HiFiMAN), you're good. Otherwise go for the Lyr as it will drive almost anything.
Celebratory funds have run dry (it was my cakeday yesterday -- mid 20's at last). Sometimes though, the journey is more rewarding than the destination, so it's good to know I have something to look forward to! Perhaps 2014 will be the year of the Lyr2 or Bottlehead-LSD/Ecstasy. Thanks for the replies!
WOW! The CSP3 looks fantastic.
Well, my one caveat with this headphone has been fixed, seriously. I have an aftermarket cable with me right now, and the soundstage has gone up by 15-25%. YAY!
Edited by wolfetan44 - 10/16/13 at 5:09pm
Just got it in, and sat down with it a couple minutes before posting this.
This is a Complement2 from Double Helix Cables, and its in a alternate sleeving, black techflex. It has Furutech's HD650 connectors, and I like them a lot, but they are more money($50).
The Cardas HD650 connectors are $15. Its Peptide Litz, so its copper. This is it: http://www.doublehelixcables.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=7 The second one, thats not braided. Yes, it is heavy.
thinking of snagging a pair of balanced cable too...
just saw this.
Sweet man! Snag it!
Didn't buy it, I recieved it to test. I will be sending it back soon enough.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 1 minute ago
- › Home-Made IEMs 1 minute ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 1 minute ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page FW download & general... 4 minutes ago
- › can someone help me choose a dac and amp for my hd 600s? 5 minutes ago
- › Need help picking out a IEM that will last 6 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 6 minutes ago
- › Sony PHA-1 Headphone Amp by LeoTheAwesome
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)