or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 924

post #13846 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

 

I'd save your money or go for a used pair of hd650, if I were in your position.

 

Welcome to headfi!!

+1 on that

Although...Seems like a biased answer given that he's posting in the HD650 thread, not sure what kind of response he was expecting

post #13847 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

I'd save your money or go for a used pair of hd650, if I were in your position.

Welcome to headfi!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame View Post

+1 on the Hd 650's and I am proud to say welcome to Head-fi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kookoo View Post

+1 on that
Although...Seems like a biased answer given that he's posting in the HD650 thread, not sure what kind of response he was expecting

Thanks guy!

Trying to convince myself its worth the wait @kookoo or if its better to jump in with 598s now and upgrade down the road (as I'm sure I'll be wanting to add to collection later on) :-)
post #13848 of 36844

Start with the best. It will save you money in the long run. The 650 is legendary. Can't go wrong with it IMO. 

 

gL!!

post #13849 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

Start with the best. It will save you money in the long run. The 650 is legendary. Can't go wrong with it IMO. 

gL!!

+1

If you don't mind getting one secondhand, they are all over the classifieds on head-fi. I just got mine after working through five or six other circumaural's. Finally, the upgrade bug is gone!
post #13850 of 36844

I started Headfi with a HD650, and it's still here with me. Got a spare earpad on order which should last me a good couple of more years.

Everything else I've sold or traded so YES the HD650 is legendary

post #13851 of 36844
As I said before if have $1000 and want a DAC/Amp combo which is great with HD650 as well as many other headphones and want just connect and forget get Woo Audio WA7 . If you want ability to tune get Schiit stack. Remember that Crack is good only with high impedance headphones such as HD650/800 or T1. Right now I also have Crack with Speedball and already spent more than $100 on tube and my HD700 sound almost same as with Schiit stack but I'm waiting for more tubes coming from Australia and costing $150 extra to see if it would make the difference
post #13852 of 36844

First time listening to my hd650 :) So far I like it!

post #13853 of 36844

I just bought the HD 650 on Monday. They shipped yesterday and should be here on Friday. I can't wait to get them. I've already listened to the HD 650 and I love the sound. Can't wait to have a pair of my own. :)

post #13854 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTripz View Post




Thanks guy!

Trying to convince myself its worth the wait @kookoo or if its better to jump in with 598s now and upgrade down the road (as I'm sure I'll be wanting to add to collection later on) :-)

 

If you go that route, I'm willing to bet once you get your HD650, then your 598s will do nothing but collect dust.

 

If you like the HD650s, then maybe consider the complimentary pieces that other 650 lovers have.  K702s, Mad Dogs, Thunderpants, and I'm sure I'm missing others.  Also check out the used market here.  Boy I wish someone told me this before I wasted many dollars, and many hours....

 

You will be so far ahead of the game if you already know your desired "sound", and the HD650s help you along that path.

post #13855 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

As I said before if have $1000 and want a DAC/Amp combo which is great with HD650 as well as many other headphones and want just connect and forget get Woo Audio WA7 . If you want ability to tune get Schiit stack. Remember that Crack is good only with high impedance headphones such as HD650/800 or T1. Right now I also have Crack with Speedball and already spent more than $100 on tube and my HD700 sound almost same as with Schiit stack but I'm waiting for more tubes coming from Australia and costing $150 extra to see if it would make the difference

 

I almost went with the woo WA7, but instead went with the schiit uber bifrost/valhalla stack.  I wanted something that could be upgraded and there seems to be a lot of happy schiit owners out there.  It was hard because the WA7 is super cool looking and woo audio is legendary.

post #13856 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasf1 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegausany View Post

As I said before if have $1000 and want a DAC/Amp combo which is great with HD650 as well as many other headphones and want just connect and forget get Woo Audio WA7 . If you want ability to tune get Schiit stack. Remember that Crack is good only with high impedance headphones such as HD650/800 or T1. Right now I also have Crack with Speedball and already spent more than $100 on tube and my HD700 sound almost same as with Schiit stack but I'm waiting for more tubes coming from Australia and costing $150 extra to see if it would make the difference

 

I almost went with the woo WA7, but instead went with the schiit uber bifrost/valhalla stack.  I wanted something that could be upgraded and there seems to be a lot of happy schiit owners out there.  It was hard because the WA7 is super cool looking and woo audio is legendary.

While I still have WA7 I'm not longer using it since I also got Bifrost Uber / Lyr combo and prefer it over WA7 using 6N1P tubes for Lyr
post #13857 of 36844

^^ interesting...plans to sell the Woo?

post #13858 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post
 

Start with the best. It will save you money in the long run. The 650 is legendary. Can't go wrong with it IMO. 

 

gL!!

+1  MattTCG hit the nail on the head, the 650's are the best headphones I have ever owned! Great post MattTCG!!

post #13859 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman5293 View Post
 

I just bought the HD 650 on Monday. They shipped yesterday and should be here on Friday. I can't wait to get them. I've already listened to the HD 650 and I love the sound. Can't wait to have a pair of my own. :)

Congrats to teh HD 650 club, can't wait to hear what you think of them. They are simply amazing!!

post #13860 of 36844
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattTCG View Post

^^ interesting...plans to sell the Woo?

At this moment definitely yes but I have to try HD800 with WA7, Schiit stack and Crack before making final decision
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread