^^ Dang man!! At least throw up the icon or something. The lynch mob will be coming for you.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 8:47 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
I took the scenic route to loving these headphones and almost sold it a couple of times. I picked these up for free thanks to a promotion my carrier Freedom mobile was doing where if you buy the LG...
About Me: I came into the world of audio from a guitar background, buying up tube amps from when I was a kid and was always fascinated with them. Then I ended up buying my first decent pair...
Disclaimer: This unit was provided to me by Brannan of Noble Audio to provide the guy’s participating in the massdrop, or those on the fence, with a better idea of what to expect. This is cutting...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 916
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Well, I've not compared them directly, but on separate occasions I compared the ODAC with the HRT MS II (found them to be very similar) and the MS II to the MS II+. I found the MS II+ to be more detailed, realistic sounding, have better soundstage and clarity than it's little brother.
Edited by foreign - 9/26/13 at 5:48am
I've defiantly had my eye on the HD800's, but man, they're a little out of my price range. I was lucky enough to snag a pair of HD650's off of the sale forum for 270$, had a broken headband, but they're perfectly working otherwise.
I think I'd rather have a good amp/DAC+HD650 combo than a pair of HD800's, these kinds of headphones aren't really designed to be listened through a iPod or something silly of the sort.
I'm trying to snag an Audez'e LCD-2 for a trade on one of my DAC's. I recently sold off my HD650's to one of my friends here on the forums and everytime I go over to his house to listen to Mezzanine through my old cans I always go, Why again did I sell these?"
Slight better low bass extension/presence. I had both the 580/600 at the time for comparisons. Some pairs probably have the same.
A little less grainy sounding. Good luck hearing the difference. It requires specific music with a good soundstage.
Better soundstage, but don't remember if it's larger. On my HD-650 it sometimes feels like I can hear stuff coming from slightly behind me on the left and right. I experienced this less on the HD-600.
Fuller mids but yet strangely my HD-600 had more of a mid-bass hump. No joke!
My HD-650 doesn't sound any darker at all and I prefer it over the HD-600 for female vocals. This pair doesn't sound like it has recessed upper mids even remotely. No distant sounding female vocals here.
My HD-650 actually sounded smoother and yet less boring/veiled. Don't hate me!
HD-600 to ME is the most boring headphone ever made and not because it's neutral. I don't think it is but close enough.
BTW I actually think the HD-580 sounds closer to the HD-650 sound. Yeah and only due to that plastic grill!
I think I have a love/hate thing with the K701 and HD-600. That's why I have the HD-650 and Q701 Both are near perfect.
Hmm, that strange, when I hear at sennheiser demo area, hd600 sounds very nice, it has lively attack, esp. piano vibration, everything is so energetic and exciting, impression of 'clear'. when i switched to hd650, yes it is smoother, more bass, tinnier treble, piano sounds more distant, it does not show its GLORY of piano sound, piano does not sound 'grand', i just know there's piano somewhere in the music and that's it.
However, hd650 make attracted to vocal more, that's why i am curious to what you guys attracted to hd650 sound.
I heard hd580 is closer to hd600 sound?
Tell me why?
i started to like hd650 more than lcd2.1, i find the hd650 mids is more wet. but you should give hd600 a try and tell me what you think.
I guess I am a crazy person, I own all 3 580, 600 and 650 and I listen (and like) all 3. One thing I have learned on these forums is that everybody hears things differently so my perceptions of these 3 and anybody else is most likely going to be way different. I think the mid-range of all 3 are very similar, but as you go up the ladder you get more on either end of the spectrum. One unique ability the 580's have, is they make even the worst recording sound at least reasonably good. I don't know how they do it, but there are a couple albums that would be in the trash if it were not for the HD580's.
I didn't really want them anymore. I had heard the LCD-2.2 a lot and liked them a lot more than my HD650's being driven by my Burson. I've also given the HD600 a try several times at ALO Audio and they're excellent headphones as well, although I prefer the HD650's to those.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › New Audeze LCD3 24 seconds ago
- › Empire Ears ADEL - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz) 48 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 Wireless - Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen 4 minutes ago
- › B&O H9 Discussion and Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Vibro Labs Maya quad armature in-ear monitors by FortisFlyer75
- › Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 21 DAC by davehg
- › AKG K 420 Foldable Mini Headphone - Blue by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear