Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 915

post #13711 of 37669

The 800's are nice, but I prefer the 650's for casual listening because of how much comfortable they are.

post #13712 of 37669
Quote:
Originally Posted by all300b View Post
 

 

So, you listen to the 650s most of the time but keep a pair of 800s on the side?

 

Sounds about right. Mistresses are more expensive.

post #13713 of 37669
Sounds like you've never had a wife...
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

 

Sounds about right. Mistresses are more expensive.

post #13714 of 37669

Has anyone tried the HD650 with both the ODAC and HRT streamer II+? I'm very curious to hear if others' impressions of the subtle-yet-clear difference are as mine...   My amp is O2, by the way.

post #13715 of 37669

@Gilly87: Maybe I'm expensive for my wife :tongue: 

 

 

Getting the HD650 in just a few hours now. Can't wait to finally hear them. The suspense is killing me.

post #13716 of 37669
I'm curious, what did you see as the major differences? Which did you think was better?
 
Also have you, by any chance, heard the Meridian Explorer?
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by matti620 View Post
 

Has anyone tried the HD650 with both the ODAC and HRT streamer II+? I'm very curious to hear if others' impressions of the subtle-yet-clear difference are as mine...   My amp is O2, by the way.

post #13717 of 37669
Ha! Then I hope you don't have a mistress...other than headphones :P
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textfeud View Post
 

@Gilly87: Maybe I'm expensive for my wife :tongue: 

 

 

Getting the HD650 in just a few hours now. Can't wait to finally hear them. The suspense is killing me.

post #13718 of 37669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post
 

The HRT is more refined and clear and has tighter bass... I wonder if it's due to the high output of it which obviously plays louder with the knob left at the same position, and higher volume always sounds better.


Edited by matti620 - 9/25/13 at 1:19pm
post #13719 of 37669
That was nifty but I can't quite get that last part about the bass :-P
Quote:
Originally Posted by matti620 View Post

ssɐq ɔıʇǝƃɹuǝ ǝɹoɯ puɐ ɹɐǝlɔ puɐ pǝuıɟǝɹ ǝɹoɯ sı ┴ɹH ǝɥ┴ (spoiler mode). I wonder if it's due to the high output of it which obviously plays louder with the knob left at the same position, and higher volume always sounds better.
post #13720 of 37669

Should I get the ODAC+O2 combo or the Mangi+Modi combo?  I have a pair of HD650's hooked up to a Fiio E17 and I'm looking for the next logical upgrade. Operating on a 200$ budget

post #13721 of 37669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuzupmyhomiz View Post
 

Should I get the ODAC+O2 combo or the Mangi+Modi combo?  I have a pair of HD650's hooked up to a Fiio E17 and I'm looking for the next logical upgrade. Operating on a 200$ budget

 

I've listened to both and preferred the ODAC and O2

post #13722 of 37669
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxamed View Post
 

A full balanced system will give some benefits to the sound. Transitions between balanced and unbalanced on the other hand will outweigh any benefits. Just my 2c

Agreed. Since he has HDVD 800 (Should be fully balanced I believe) then it seems a bit of a shame that he hasn't recabled yet to try the balanced outputs offered by the amp/DAC.

post #13723 of 37669
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebobbilly View Post
 

Agreed. Since he has HDVD 800 (Should be fully balanced I believe) then it seems a bit of a shame that he hasn't recabled yet to try the balanced outputs offered by the amp/DAC.

 

honestly, he could even just re-terminate the stock cable with a $5 neutrik 4pin xlr plug. definitely the cheapest way to go if you wanna see what balanced is all about! I've been doing that for my own headphones since i'm rather handy with a soldering iron =P

post #13724 of 37669
Guys, I am curious what do you like on hd650 over hd600?
post #13725 of 37669
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBull View Post

Guys, I am curious what do you like on hd650 over hd600?

 

Slight better low bass extension/presence. I had both the 580/600 at the time for comparisons. Some pairs probably have the same.

A little less grainy sounding. Good luck hearing the difference. It requires specific music with a good soundstage.

Better soundstage, but don't remember if it's larger. On my HD-650 it sometimes feels like I can hear stuff coming from slightly behind me on the left and right. I experienced this less on the HD-600.

Fuller mids but yet strangely my HD-600 had more of a mid-bass hump. No joke!

My HD-650 doesn't sound any darker at all and I prefer it over the HD-600 for female vocals. This pair doesn't sound like it has recessed upper mids even remotely. No distant sounding female vocals here.

 

My HD-650 actually sounded smoother and yet less boring/veiled. Don't hate me!

 

HD-600 to ME is the most boring headphone ever made and not because it's neutral. I don't think it is but close enough.

 

BTW I actually think the HD-580 sounds closer to the HD-650 sound. Yeah and only due to that plastic grill!

 

I think I have a love/hate thing with the K701 and HD-600. That's why I have the HD-650 and Q701 :biggrin: Both are near perfect.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread