The 800's are nice, but I prefer the 650's for casual listening because of how much comfortable they are.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/17/17 at 9:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published here. Introduction I’m a regular watcher and poster on...
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 915
Gear mentioned in this thread:
The HRT is more refined and clear and has tighter bass... I wonder if it's due to the high output of it which obviously plays louder with the knob left at the same position, and higher volume always sounds better.
Edited by matti620 - 9/25/13 at 1:19pm
I've listened to both and preferred the ODAC and O2
Agreed. Since he has HDVD 800 (Should be fully balanced I believe) then it seems a bit of a shame that he hasn't recabled yet to try the balanced outputs offered by the amp/DAC.
honestly, he could even just re-terminate the stock cable with a $5 neutrik 4pin xlr plug. definitely the cheapest way to go if you wanna see what balanced is all about! I've been doing that for my own headphones since i'm rather handy with a soldering iron =P
Slight better low bass extension/presence. I had both the 580/600 at the time for comparisons. Some pairs probably have the same.
A little less grainy sounding. Good luck hearing the difference. It requires specific music with a good soundstage.
Better soundstage, but don't remember if it's larger. On my HD-650 it sometimes feels like I can hear stuff coming from slightly behind me on the left and right. I experienced this less on the HD-600.
Fuller mids but yet strangely my HD-600 had more of a mid-bass hump. No joke!
My HD-650 doesn't sound any darker at all and I prefer it over the HD-600 for female vocals. This pair doesn't sound like it has recessed upper mids even remotely. No distant sounding female vocals here.
My HD-650 actually sounded smoother and yet less boring/veiled. Don't hate me!
HD-600 to ME is the most boring headphone ever made and not because it's neutral. I don't think it is but close enough.
BTW I actually think the HD-580 sounds closer to the HD-650 sound. Yeah and only due to that plastic grill!
I think I have a love/hate thing with the K701 and HD-600. That's why I have the HD-650 and Q701 Both are near perfect.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Can my amp drive HE-6 14 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 38 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 1 minute ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 or Sennheiser HD598 3 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for Movies? 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear