Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 2/17/17 at 9:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 1/11/17 at 5:39am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Design & Comfort: Why can't you all do this? AudioQuest makes their first headphone and immediately gets so many things right that other companies seem to completely ignore. They even had the...
Bought these bad boys on sale from Harman Audio. Very clear and balanced sound for the price range, I have also had some good Grado SR80i headphones that I gave to my brother but the AKG K550 has...
Introduction Based on the very successful Delta earphones previously, Brainwavz has come up with a second version of the Delta’s, now upgraded with Bluetooth 4.1 connectivity. As these are...
Introduction FiiO X5 3rd generation is the successor of the loved by many X5 2nd generation DAP from FiiO. I requested to be a part of the tour for X5 3rd gen because I really wanted to hear...
After spending over a week of daily listening to these ciems I can confidently say that I have made an excellent choice with these ciems. There is nothing that i can say that hasn't been already...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 900
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I grabbed some second hand HD650s and an Aune T1 up for 375 all up. Going to pick them up in a couple of days.
I'm thinking about getting an ODAC and Project Ember (since I want to try and DIY a variable output imp amp), I'm just looking for that head-fi validation. Anyone know how that would work out?
I think it'd go well. I'm toying with the same idea.
IMO you should just get the Modi instead since it's cheaper. Sounded nearly the same and I barely find anything that sounds the same to my ears.
Sounds perfect with the HD-650 too.
I know how to solder, but building an O2 sounds scary. The Bottlehead Crack sounds like it'd be much easier.
I don't do many DIY projects since I hate soldering, but I'm probably just lazy. Making headphone cables is about as fun to me as raking leaves.
Making the O2 only took part of a lazy Sunday afternoon, the thing that slowed it was measuring all the resistors with a DMM 'cos they were too small to reliably read the colour codes. For $45 complete with case including postage it was well worth the little time. (I already had the plugpack and batteries hanging around).
Sweet allrounder these Senn's but.. I'd like a notch decrease in mids on this baby and perhaps a notch increase in lows. Perhaps half a notch increase in highs while we're at it Did anyone successfully use (ear)padding to get in that direction or should I start looking at different headphones entirely? If so, what headphones come to mind?
Edited by moriez - 8/25/13 at 5:23am
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 34 seconds ago
- › [FS] Hifiman HE-6 stocking cable,adapter & leather pads 35 seconds ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 57 seconds ago
- › [FS] Audeze LCD-2 Rev.2/Centrance Dacport LX/ Schiit Lyr - [USA-CA]... 1 minute ago
- › Philip L2 Fidelio LIKE NEW 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Entry Level Stax Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › AKG K 550 by Simurgh
- › Brainwavz BLU-Delta Bluetooth Earbud Wireless Noise Isolating... by chompchomps
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Dobrescu George
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by ss5972
- › Joyroom JR-E107 Metal Headphone In-Ear Earphone With Control And... by B9Scrambler
- › Chord MoJo by mswlogo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Jackpot77
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by BillsonChang007
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by mrstrangeguy
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear