Oh, uhhh... sorry about that guys.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 3/16/15 at 8:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Sennheiser US for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. While waiting to receive my review unit of recently...
What's In The Box? The cardboard box itself is a cute little deal, with the Noble logo and the Wizard's signature. On the top left, the model and serial number are handwritten (apparently I'm the...
SUPERLUX HD 669 Review & comparison with HD 681-EVO. Take what I say with a grain of salt, I have not experienced many headphones and I've only had the 669 for a fairly brief amount of time....
Have been listening to my new iCAN Micro for couple weeks now. Before that I use the headphone output directly out of my iDSD Micro. First of all i just want to say that iDSD Micro is great....
A little background before I start. I'm 16 years old and I slowly began to become addicted to fine, audiophile-quality headphones. I remember the first time I heard beats at an apple store. I...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 879
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Checking in. Just got mine today, running them off the E7/E9 combo, coming off the 598s. Listening to Aja and Random Access Memories, there's just a lushness to the mids that the 598s can't reproduce. The soundstage isn't quite as spacious or airy but it feels more cohesive. Looking forward to picking up the Lyr in a month or two. Is that still the primo combo for these babies?
Lyr or Bottlehead Crack + Speedball.
I just paired my HD 650 with SAA equinox cables...one word - WOW - is it placebo? I dunno, when I listened with stock cable, I was like mmmm, good....now it's WOW!.. if it is placebo, it's working and I like the length(6ft) and way the cable feels and flexes too. Stock was too long and stiff, bleh!
Note - I'm only running on a Ipod Touch 3G with E17 - 320k files
Edited by khomanie - 7/31/13 at 1:57pm
Well I have a two channel speaker system and the sound does not seem
to come from the speakers. They disappear. I have a pair of Grado SR80's
and a pair of modded Fostex t50rp's and the sound clearly comes from the
headphones. I am looking for headphones that don't get in the way of the music.
I know that my headphones a entry level at best, and I am looking to upgrade.
I have been looking to find out all I can about the HD650's and the 600's. Short
of buying them I have to ask questions. Hope this explains my question.
Ah, your original question does make perfect sense in that context!
It's a tough question to answer, especially as I rather enjoy the 'directness' that comes from cans and indeed IEMs. I enjoy being placed 'near the front row', as it were.
I will say, though, that the 650s are a bit more 'direct' than, say, the 598s which seemed to have a bit more air to the soundstage. I think perhaps the most important element for losing oneself in the musical space is comfort and the 650s have a slightly tighter clamp than the 598s which are virtually unnoticeable, to the point of being slightly loose!
I guess I'll never be perfectly happy :)
Maybe they are out of phase? That can cause a difficulty of pinpointing sounds.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › The BEST-LOOKING Headphones 16 seconds ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 38 seconds ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 1 minute ago
- › RHA MA-750i Review 1 minute ago
- › Reaction to snakes 2 minutes ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 2 minutes ago
- › Best DAC under 100 (Help!) 4 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 5 minutes ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Noble 4 by Kuroneko Guy
- › Superlux HD669 by Philliphobia
- › iFi iCAN headphone amplifier by blankdisc
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by JohnPham
- › Chord&Major Major6'13 "Ballad" by kalbee
- › Audio Technica ATH-M2X Mid-size open-back headphones by ahnvx
- › xDuoo X2 by getclikinagas
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by De1taE1even
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM by De1taE1even
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2