Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 5/14/15 at 9:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on Yesterday at 11:39 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 879
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Checking in. Just got mine today, running them off the E7/E9 combo, coming off the 598s. Listening to Aja and Random Access Memories, there's just a lushness to the mids that the 598s can't reproduce. The soundstage isn't quite as spacious or airy but it feels more cohesive. Looking forward to picking up the Lyr in a month or two. Is that still the primo combo for these babies?
Lyr or Bottlehead Crack + Speedball.
I just paired my HD 650 with SAA equinox cables...one word - WOW - is it placebo? I dunno, when I listened with stock cable, I was like mmmm, good....now it's WOW!.. if it is placebo, it's working and I like the length(6ft) and way the cable feels and flexes too. Stock was too long and stiff, bleh!
Note - I'm only running on a Ipod Touch 3G with E17 - 320k files
Edited by khomanie - 7/31/13 at 1:57pm
Well I have a two channel speaker system and the sound does not seem
to come from the speakers. They disappear. I have a pair of Grado SR80's
and a pair of modded Fostex t50rp's and the sound clearly comes from the
headphones. I am looking for headphones that don't get in the way of the music.
I know that my headphones a entry level at best, and I am looking to upgrade.
I have been looking to find out all I can about the HD650's and the 600's. Short
of buying them I have to ask questions. Hope this explains my question.
Ah, your original question does make perfect sense in that context!
It's a tough question to answer, especially as I rather enjoy the 'directness' that comes from cans and indeed IEMs. I enjoy being placed 'near the front row', as it were.
I will say, though, that the 650s are a bit more 'direct' than, say, the 598s which seemed to have a bit more air to the soundstage. I think perhaps the most important element for losing oneself in the musical space is comfort and the 650s have a slightly tighter clamp than the 598s which are virtually unnoticeable, to the point of being slightly loose!
I guess I'll never be perfectly happy :)
Maybe they are out of phase? That can cause a difficulty of pinpointing sounds.
Perhaps I did not communicate properly, my two channel system is working fine, I don't want to hear
one dimensional music. That is what you get when the sound is coming out of the speaker and you can pinpoint the sound at the speaker. When the sound is properly mixed from both channels a sound stage is achieved. My experience while very limited is that the sound from my headphone system is one dimensional, so I am looking for a solution.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 16 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 4 minutes ago
- › musical fidelity v90-hpa - SOUND Stops one PC not on the other...... 5 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 6 minutes ago
- › Amp recommendations for Audeze LCD-2 6 minutes ago
- › Is this a good soundcard? 7 minutes ago
- › Ortofon e-Q5 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 8 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC release E50S and E80S In-Ear Reference Series 9 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 10 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3