Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 2:08 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
*This is a slightly revised and updated version of my original review from September of 2014. The Bass Colour was a good earphone two years ago and at it's current price of 29.99 USD on Penon Audio...
I bought these over a year ago as an upgrade to the generation 3 of the Piston earphones. I've been a user since generation 2 and I've loved the line up ever since. This simply feels like another...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 879
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Checking in. Just got mine today, running them off the E7/E9 combo, coming off the 598s. Listening to Aja and Random Access Memories, there's just a lushness to the mids that the 598s can't reproduce. The soundstage isn't quite as spacious or airy but it feels more cohesive. Looking forward to picking up the Lyr in a month or two. Is that still the primo combo for these babies?
Lyr or Bottlehead Crack + Speedball.
I just paired my HD 650 with SAA equinox cables...one word - WOW - is it placebo? I dunno, when I listened with stock cable, I was like mmmm, good....now it's WOW!.. if it is placebo, it's working and I like the length(6ft) and way the cable feels and flexes too. Stock was too long and stiff, bleh!
Note - I'm only running on a Ipod Touch 3G with E17 - 320k files
Edited by khomanie - 7/31/13 at 1:57pm
Well I have a two channel speaker system and the sound does not seem
to come from the speakers. They disappear. I have a pair of Grado SR80's
and a pair of modded Fostex t50rp's and the sound clearly comes from the
headphones. I am looking for headphones that don't get in the way of the music.
I know that my headphones a entry level at best, and I am looking to upgrade.
I have been looking to find out all I can about the HD650's and the 600's. Short
of buying them I have to ask questions. Hope this explains my question.
Ah, your original question does make perfect sense in that context!
It's a tough question to answer, especially as I rather enjoy the 'directness' that comes from cans and indeed IEMs. I enjoy being placed 'near the front row', as it were.
I will say, though, that the 650s are a bit more 'direct' than, say, the 598s which seemed to have a bit more air to the soundstage. I think perhaps the most important element for losing oneself in the musical space is comfort and the 650s have a slightly tighter clamp than the 598s which are virtually unnoticeable, to the point of being slightly loose!
I guess I'll never be perfectly happy :)
Maybe they are out of phase? That can cause a difficulty of pinpointing sounds.
Perhaps I did not communicate properly, my two channel system is working fine, I don't want to hear
one dimensional music. That is what you get when the sound is coming out of the speaker and you can pinpoint the sound at the speaker. When the sound is properly mixed from both channels a sound stage is achieved. My experience while very limited is that the sound from my headphone system is one dimensional, so I am looking for a solution.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 2 seconds ago
- › Is this a hot deal? 1 minute ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 3 minutes ago
- › Aftermarket Audeze LCD-2 cables 4 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 4 minutes ago
- › Winnipeg meets' thread (Ongoing) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 5 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi In-Ear Headphones Pro HD (2 +1 Hybrid) 6 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1000X 7 minutes ago
- › The RMAA (RightMark Audio Analyzer) Source and Audio Device... 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by WCDchee
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by Trevayne10
- › NiNTAUS X10 HiFi Lossless Music Player by crabdog
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear