Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on 3/27/17 at 12:09pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 3/3/17 at 6:21pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 1/9/17 at 3:00pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 3/16/17 at 5:09pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Introduction – Everyone knows earbuds, those cheap, tinny sounding throwaways included with almost every mp3 player. So then, it may come as a surprise that earbuds are making a comeback and not...
The Oriveti BASIC: A dark and inviting entry-level offering into higher level audio BASIC was provided to me free of charge in exchange for feedback and review -- I am in no way affiliated with...
Focal Utopia By: Dillan Archer Photographs by: Regan Hulvey Introduction I have spent the greater part of my evenings the last few days (and this morning) listening and...
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 879
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Checking in. Just got mine today, running them off the E7/E9 combo, coming off the 598s. Listening to Aja and Random Access Memories, there's just a lushness to the mids that the 598s can't reproduce. The soundstage isn't quite as spacious or airy but it feels more cohesive. Looking forward to picking up the Lyr in a month or two. Is that still the primo combo for these babies?
Lyr or Bottlehead Crack + Speedball.
I just paired my HD 650 with SAA equinox cables...one word - WOW - is it placebo? I dunno, when I listened with stock cable, I was like mmmm, good....now it's WOW!.. if it is placebo, it's working and I like the length(6ft) and way the cable feels and flexes too. Stock was too long and stiff, bleh!
Note - I'm only running on a Ipod Touch 3G with E17 - 320k files
Edited by khomanie - 7/31/13 at 1:57pm
Well I have a two channel speaker system and the sound does not seem
to come from the speakers. They disappear. I have a pair of Grado SR80's
and a pair of modded Fostex t50rp's and the sound clearly comes from the
headphones. I am looking for headphones that don't get in the way of the music.
I know that my headphones a entry level at best, and I am looking to upgrade.
I have been looking to find out all I can about the HD650's and the 600's. Short
of buying them I have to ask questions. Hope this explains my question.
Ah, your original question does make perfect sense in that context!
It's a tough question to answer, especially as I rather enjoy the 'directness' that comes from cans and indeed IEMs. I enjoy being placed 'near the front row', as it were.
I will say, though, that the 650s are a bit more 'direct' than, say, the 598s which seemed to have a bit more air to the soundstage. I think perhaps the most important element for losing oneself in the musical space is comfort and the 650s have a slightly tighter clamp than the 598s which are virtually unnoticeable, to the point of being slightly loose!
I guess I'll never be perfectly happy :)
Maybe they are out of phase? That can cause a difficulty of pinpointing sounds.
Perhaps I did not communicate properly, my two channel system is working fine, I don't want to hear
one dimensional music. That is what you get when the sound is coming out of the speaker and you can pinpoint the sound at the speaker. When the sound is properly mixed from both channels a sound stage is achieved. My experience while very limited is that the sound from my headphone system is one dimensional, so I am looking for a solution.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › [Review] Philips SHL3300 "DJ" Headphones - Most Underrated Headphone? 9 seconds ago
- › VSonic VSD5 Impressions Thread. VSonic's answer to Sony's EX1000??? 10 seconds ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 3 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Empire Ears X Effect Audio Giveaway // 2017 EMPIRE SPRING SALE 4 minutes ago
- › Focal Utopia (& a little Elear) impressions and discussion 5 minutes ago
- › AQ DragonFly Red 5 minutes ago
- › 1MORE1008 Earbud by ryanjsoo
- › ORIVETI BASIC - Whole Aluminium Body, High Fidelity, Cable... by ustinj
- › Focal Utopia by Dillan
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear