I guess ill join to say i have never heard this viel on the HD 650s they sound very smooth and sweet to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 5/14/15 at 9:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 5/19/15 at 5:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 4/21/15 at 11:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
First and foremost, a big thank you to those at Noble Audio who has sent me a unit to review. The Noble Audio customer service experience has been a joy to behold. Brannan is always on hand to deal...
I bought these from the limited selection available at an Apple Store, as I was heading on a trip the next day and needed some new IEMs for the plane ride. I read some reviews and noticed a lot of...
I got a sansa clip+ for my pair of custom iems. Really small, really portable, big nice clip to clip on something while training. Almost perfect sound, some audible noise (really really low, like...
overall nice headphones, with proper bass and sound and i am still burning it, rest of things i will discuss after complete burning process
I had to finally put my Shure E4Cs to rest and have been on the search for months to find a replacement. I like sub bass and a balanced sound and value build quality. My Shures were built tough...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 855
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Urban myths are hard to kill.....
never heard of veil but if anything the more subdued sound should enhance the tone of the music. Exactly why i use my HD650 for trumpet Jazz
Heck yah!! Buying come away with me from HD tracks in 24/96 was audio crack when played through the HD650's sooooooo sexy
Originally Posted by aamefford
Originally Posted by aamefford
I thought the romantic sound was the veil...
Originally Posted by wolfetan44
I think at this point the veil is whatever one wants it to be, but for me, yeah, I think it is...
Note - I don't find them veiled unless seriously under driven, like from an iPod. I can sure see how someone who likes a brighter, more forward signature might find them so. They are a great fit for me.
i tried it, aint good to my ears....lost the itimacy.
maybe with the introduction of higher resolution music, music softwares like audivana/media center...the veil got lifted...?
i definitely was bothered by the "veil" long time ago..zzz
I don't know about you guys. I just in no way can justify going in and doing extensive mods on a $500 headphone. Some of that stuff is real hard to undo once you have done it, not to mention what it is going to do to the resale value if you ever decide to sell them.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Sony's New 2014 flagship IEM - XBA Z5 12 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 57 seconds ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 1 minute ago
- › Burson Conductor Virtuoso Thread. 1 minute ago
- › Review: Final Audio Design Heaven VII and VIII (many pictures) 2 minutes ago
- › HifiMan HM-802 DAP 2 minutes ago
- › In ear headphone (earbuds) under 120$ 2 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 2 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 2 minutes ago
- › Stax 727 Voltage Conversion 100 to 117 (Help) 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Savant by uchihaitachi
- › RHA T10i by zim2411
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 8 GB MP3 Player (Black) by ardacer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by sagar khichi
- › RHA MA750i by Onthecoast
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by YoYo JoKeR
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by JoeDoe
- › Edifier Hi-Fi Stereo Headphone (H180 Black) by sharonbava
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Blue by dkshifat
- › T-Peos Altone 150 in-ear monitor with detachable cables, mic and... by Hisoundfi
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2