I guess ill join to say i have never heard this viel on the HD 650s they sound very smooth and sweet to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 5/14/15 at 9:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 5/19/15 at 5:25am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 5/26/15 at 2:02pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
I had these a while back and found them to be pretty good alas they did have a couple things that spoiled them. Comfort: Finding the best earbuds took a bit of time. Although once you did,...
DUNU TITAN 1 - QUICK REVIEW photos taken from the internet Specifications Driver: 13mm Titanium Diaphragm Dynamic Driver Impedance:16Ω Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency:...
At the time this review was written, the MKLL M-1 was on sale for $79.00 USD on Penon Audio’s website. Here is a link to a listing of their product at the time of the...
My review is based on the loaner pair that Oppo sent to me as part of their PM3 loaner program. My gratitude to Oppo for giving me this opportunity to demo their product. Oppo is known for...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION My introduction to DUNU Topsound (18 months ago) was with their triple hybrid DN-1000,...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 855
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Urban myths are hard to kill.....
never heard of veil but if anything the more subdued sound should enhance the tone of the music. Exactly why i use my HD650 for trumpet Jazz
Heck yah!! Buying come away with me from HD tracks in 24/96 was audio crack when played through the HD650's sooooooo sexy
Originally Posted by aamefford
Originally Posted by aamefford
I thought the romantic sound was the veil...
Originally Posted by wolfetan44
I think at this point the veil is whatever one wants it to be, but for me, yeah, I think it is...
Note - I don't find them veiled unless seriously under driven, like from an iPod. I can sure see how someone who likes a brighter, more forward signature might find them so. They are a great fit for me.
i tried it, aint good to my ears....lost the itimacy.
maybe with the introduction of higher resolution music, music softwares like audivana/media center...the veil got lifted...?
i definitely was bothered by the "veil" long time ago..zzz
I don't know about you guys. I just in no way can justify going in and doing extensive mods on a $500 headphone. Some of that stuff is real hard to undo once you have done it, not to mention what it is going to do to the resale value if you ever decide to sell them.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › EarWerkz Legend R. 8 Driver, 7-Way, 6-Crossover Flagship |... 40 seconds ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 1 minute ago
- › Cayin Audio is now on Head-FI 1 minute ago
- › Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign 5 minutes ago
- › Havi b3 pro 1 thread 2.0 6 minutes ago
- › Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-400 Amp Pairing 7 minutes ago
- › New release - the AKG K553 Pro - featuring a killer Massdrop deal 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser CX 880 Premium Ear Canal Headphones by interpolate
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Paulus XII
- › MKLL M-1 in-ear monitor by Hisoundfi
- › OPPO PM-3 by Za Warudo
- › DUNU DN-2000J by Brooko
- › Null Audio Vitesse Copper Cable by MikePortnoy
- › Aune B1 by Cotnijoe
- › Schiit Audio Valhalla 2 by WifiWizard
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by rigodeni
- › RHA MA750 by fableofgod
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2