Try comparing the standard cable to a Cardas, ZU Mobius, Equinox or other quality after-market cable. The diference is there as a grainy veil.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser wireless RS 220 and how to best use it Last post on 10/6/14 at 8:55am in Headphones (full-size)
- Anything like a right-angle jack for Sennheiser headphones? Last post on 10/1/14 at 6:21pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Portable over-the-ear headphones recommendations needed Last post on 10/2/14 at 6:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- hd650 enquiry Last post on 9/22/14 at 10:44pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Open letter to John Grado Last post on 9/21/14 at 10:46pm in Headphones (full-size)
Background and listening experience: I bought these as a complementary headphone for my ZMF Vibros. I wanted something open and I've been curious about Audio Technica for a while. In the past, I've...
I don’t get asked very often about the Private 333 amongst the Fitear customs I own. Nor do you hear people raving about it as you might in respect of the C435, the MH 334 and the MH335DW....
Before I begin with my review of the Beyerdynamic XP1, all of the below are solely what I’ve managed to get out of the IEM, I suggest to try it out or read some other people’s review to get a...
See The Whole Review With Pictures Here: http://db-headphones.blogspot.com ... Oh and ignore the sliders for the audio quality, value etc. I can't edit the slider scoring on mobile. Disclaimer: I...
Disclaimer First of all, huge thanks to Audrey and the Brainwavz team for giving me the opportunity to write this review. Please note that I was not paid to write this review, nor am I...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 855
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You would only hear the famous veil if you listed to units built with the old design. That is not to say more detail can't be extracted by mods and cables... that's true of everything.
Personally, I like my HD650 compared to HD800 because of its balance, despite the spotlit strengths of the HD800... the recessed midrange and tendency to sibilance (or emphasis of it) temper my interest. Wouldn't mind owning both!
But then that's not the headphone rather, but the cable creating the effect. And even then, in a matter of opinion, it creates a flaw or a features depending on the end user.
Urban myths are hard to kill.....
never heard of veil but if anything the more subdued sound should enhance the tone of the music. Exactly why i use my HD650 for trumpet Jazz
Heck yah!! Buying come away with me from HD tracks in 24/96 was audio crack when played through the HD650's sooooooo sexy
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Best/Optimal pc-setup/hardware for music? Noob question. 45 seconds ago
- › WTB iPod classic 160GB 1 minute ago
- › Meet Alpha Prime 1 minute ago
- › Help with improving gaming headset quality 1 minute ago
- › 2014 moto x doesn't play mp4 2 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 5 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by manbear
- › FitEar Private 333 by Kiats
- › Beyerdynamic XP1 by SawItComing
- › Audio-Technica ATH-WS77 SOLID BASS Portable Headphones (Japan Import) by DisCHORDDubstep
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by thatBeatsguy
- › Fostex TH 900 by smitty1110
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by aquamacs
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by thatonenoob
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by H20Fidelity
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)