I guess ill join to say i have never heard this viel on the HD 650s they sound very smooth and sweet to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 4/25/15 at 6:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 4/21/15 at 11:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Disclaimer I got this unit as part of Australasian tour arranged by Brooko, thank you very much for including me in this tour. Introduction I am just another music fans in this world, I...
First and foremost, I have experience with several different headphones, namely much of the Ultrasone series (Pro 900, Pro 750), Denon D2000, D5000, and Fostex TH600. I mainly deal with closed back...
The housing has a rounder shape then the vsd3/5 and i much prefer it this way. While the shape and looks is simple, it does not feel very cheap. The diamond cut shape on the vsd3/5 seems a little...
This review is for Master & Dynamic MH30 over the ear. My name is Adam I am a 38 years old headphone and iem collector. I don't consider myself an audiophile but have been into music and audio...
This little player can take a beating. I am not careful with this device and I've dropped it many times on all types of surfaces and it keeps going. I have had my player for nearly 3 years now and...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 855
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Urban myths are hard to kill.....
never heard of veil but if anything the more subdued sound should enhance the tone of the music. Exactly why i use my HD650 for trumpet Jazz
Heck yah!! Buying come away with me from HD tracks in 24/96 was audio crack when played through the HD650's sooooooo sexy
Originally Posted by aamefford
Originally Posted by aamefford
I thought the romantic sound was the veil...
Originally Posted by wolfetan44
I think at this point the veil is whatever one wants it to be, but for me, yeah, I think it is...
Note - I don't find them veiled unless seriously under driven, like from an iPod. I can sure see how someone who likes a brighter, more forward signature might find them so. They are a great fit for me.
i tried it, aint good to my ears....lost the itimacy.
maybe with the introduction of higher resolution music, music softwares like audivana/media center...the veil got lifted...?
i definitely was bothered by the "veil" long time ago..zzz
I don't know about you guys. I just in no way can justify going in and doing extensive mods on a $500 headphone. Some of that stuff is real hard to undo once you have done it, not to mention what it is going to do to the resale value if you ever decide to sell them.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 12 seconds ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Philips SHE3580 IEM review--how can something sound so good for $10??? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › hfb - Bounce House - chat aka shtpost central 5 minutes ago
- › New Kennerton ODIN (Planar Magnetic), MAGISTER, VALI... 6 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiMan RE-600 Review 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by daduy
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by sarora
- › VSONIC VSD 2S by Arvan
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by acain
- › SanDisk SDMX22-004G-A57K Sansa Clip Zip 4 GB, Black by kite7
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by weirdek
- › Chord Hugo by FortisFlyer75
- › Technics RP-DH1200 DJ Headphones by Johannus
- › Bravo Audio S1 Class A Deluxe Headphone Amplifier with Op-amp by YoYo JoKeR
- › MEElectronics A151P Gen.2 Balanced Armature In-Ear Monitors by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2