Try comparing the standard cable to a Cardas, ZU Mobius, Equinox or other quality after-market cable. The diference is there as a grainy veil.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 855
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You would only hear the famous veil if you listed to units built with the old design. That is not to say more detail can't be extracted by mods and cables... that's true of everything.
Personally, I like my HD650 compared to HD800 because of its balance, despite the spotlit strengths of the HD800... the recessed midrange and tendency to sibilance (or emphasis of it) temper my interest. Wouldn't mind owning both!
But then that's not the headphone rather, but the cable creating the effect. And even then, in a matter of opinion, it creates a flaw or a features depending on the end user.
Urban myths are hard to kill.....
never heard of veil but if anything the more subdued sound should enhance the tone of the music. Exactly why i use my HD650 for trumpet Jazz
Heck yah!! Buying come away with me from HD tracks in 24/96 was audio crack when played through the HD650's sooooooo sexy
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › T-PEOS Altone200 - 3 - Way - Hybrid introduction / impressions -... 41 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › 2.1 Computer Speakers. 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K3003 3 minutes ago
- › The New Motherboards x99 3 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing a good all-rounder leaning towards rock music up... 5 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 7 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Best headphone/amp-dac setup for EDM. Budget: around US$4000 9 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)