Try comparing the standard cable to a Cardas, ZU Mobius, Equinox or other quality after-market cable. The diference is there as a grainy veil.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- HD 650 low impedance Last post on 12/7/14 at 7:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 or K7xx Last post on 12/14/14 at 8:58am in Headphones (full-size)
- Comparing quality headphones – not easy Last post on 12/10/14 at 9:47pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650 selling for less than HD 600 on amazon Last post on 12/11/14 at 5:31am in Headphones (full-size)
- Legit HD650's? Last post on 12/9/14 at 3:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Some Background: I’m currently 18 years old which as little as that matters to me seems to be interesting to many people in this community. I’ve always liked music... [[SPOILER]] . Prelude:I...
I Ventured to buy those headphones fater a massive discount in pre-christmas sales here in mexico, for $178 USD i consider them to be a great buy The construction of those cans seems to be...
This is gonna be a simple review BASS For a $7 in ear it is actually really good. A little overbearing at times but quite articulate considering the price. MIDS They are not airy and vocals by...
These headphones sound very precise and balanced. You will hear your music as it was recorded, mixed, and mastered which is the approach I prefer to trying to find headphones that try to EQ things...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 855
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You would only hear the famous veil if you listed to units built with the old design. That is not to say more detail can't be extracted by mods and cables... that's true of everything.
Personally, I like my HD650 compared to HD800 because of its balance, despite the spotlit strengths of the HD800... the recessed midrange and tendency to sibilance (or emphasis of it) temper my interest. Wouldn't mind owning both!
But then that's not the headphone rather, but the cable creating the effect. And even then, in a matter of opinion, it creates a flaw or a features depending on the end user.
Urban myths are hard to kill.....
never heard of veil but if anything the more subdued sound should enhance the tone of the music. Exactly why i use my HD650 for trumpet Jazz
Heck yah!! Buying come away with me from HD tracks in 24/96 was audio crack when played through the HD650's sooooooo sexy
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 11 seconds ago
- › Help! 21 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 35 seconds ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 1 minute ago
- › The Audiophile Bass Lounge (Basshead club part II) 1 minute ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 1 minute ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › An audiophile and petrolhead's journal: Buckle up! 2 minutes ago
- › Can't seem to find comfortable portable over ears... 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by Mitchell4500
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › SanDisk Sansa Clip+ 4 GB MP3 Player (Red) by Mitchell4500
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by Mitchell4500
- › Sennheiser HD 800 Headphones by dreamwhisper
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)