I guess ill join to say i have never heard this viel on the HD 650s they sound very smooth and sweet to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 9/30/15 at 9:11am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 9/12/15 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 855
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Urban myths are hard to kill.....
never heard of veil but if anything the more subdued sound should enhance the tone of the music. Exactly why i use my HD650 for trumpet Jazz
Heck yah!! Buying come away with me from HD tracks in 24/96 was audio crack when played through the HD650's sooooooo sexy
Originally Posted by aamefford
Originally Posted by aamefford
I thought the romantic sound was the veil...
Originally Posted by wolfetan44
I think at this point the veil is whatever one wants it to be, but for me, yeah, I think it is...
Note - I don't find them veiled unless seriously under driven, like from an iPod. I can sure see how someone who likes a brighter, more forward signature might find them so. They are a great fit for me.
i tried it, aint good to my ears....lost the itimacy.
maybe with the introduction of higher resolution music, music softwares like audivana/media center...the veil got lifted...?
i definitely was bothered by the "veil" long time ago..zzz
I don't know about you guys. I just in no way can justify going in and doing extensive mods on a $500 headphone. Some of that stuff is real hard to undo once you have done it, not to mention what it is going to do to the resale value if you ever decide to sell them.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Objectivists board room 38 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-ZX100 DAP 1 minute ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 1 minute ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 1 minute ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman Edition X 2 minutes ago
- › LKS Audio MH-DA003 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 3 minutes ago
- › VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand 4 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2