I guess ill join to say i have never heard this viel on the HD 650s they sound very smooth and sweet to me.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 8/25/15 at 6:26pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
At the time this review was written the Cayin C5DAC was on sale at Penon Audio for $215.00 USD. Here is a link to their...
Intro When it comes to the world of PC audio, Creative Labs is a brand well known. For nearly 35 years Creative has been an industry leader in digital multimedia technology and innovation....
I have had my AK380 for over a month now and its time to post a review Before I had the AK380 I had an NW-ZX2 for 6 months, an AK240 for nearly two years and the AK120 before that, so yes, I...
I have tried the JBL Synchros line of s300, s500, and s700. As it turns out, the low end model sounds the best to me. These are on ear design, cups are about 3 inches wide. Headband and yokes are...
These are easy to use and pair quickly with your device. The sound quality - lows, mids, and highs are excellent provided a good seal with the ear. Good bluetooth range, battery life, and comfort....
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 855
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Urban myths are hard to kill.....
never heard of veil but if anything the more subdued sound should enhance the tone of the music. Exactly why i use my HD650 for trumpet Jazz
Heck yah!! Buying come away with me from HD tracks in 24/96 was audio crack when played through the HD650's sooooooo sexy
Originally Posted by aamefford
Originally Posted by aamefford
I thought the romantic sound was the veil...
Originally Posted by wolfetan44
I think at this point the veil is whatever one wants it to be, but for me, yeah, I think it is...
Note - I don't find them veiled unless seriously under driven, like from an iPod. I can sure see how someone who likes a brighter, more forward signature might find them so. They are a great fit for me.
i tried it, aint good to my ears....lost the itimacy.
maybe with the introduction of higher resolution music, music softwares like audivana/media center...the veil got lifted...?
i definitely was bothered by the "veil" long time ago..zzz
I don't know about you guys. I just in no way can justify going in and doing extensive mods on a $500 headphone. Some of that stuff is real hard to undo once you have done it, not to mention what it is going to do to the resale value if you ever decide to sell them.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Flagship 1 minute ago
- › Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII 1 minute ago
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Impressions Thread! August 29-30, 2015! 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Suggestions in the $500 for mostly-neutral headphones. 1 minute ago
- › Schiit LISST Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Audio technica AD700x vs Sennheiser 598 2 minutes ago
- › Teac UD 503 DAC (2015 New Release, DXD, DSD256) 3 minutes ago
- › Battlefield 4 : explosions audio crap ? 4 minutes ago
- › Westone UM PRO Series Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Cayin Spark C5 DAC Portable USB DAC + Headphone Amplifier by Hisoundfi
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by Bansaku
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Ultimate High Fidelity Portable Music Player by piercer
- › JBL Synchros S300 Premium On-Ear Stereo Headphones by ourfpshero
- › JBL J46BT Bluetooth Wireless In-Ear Stereo Headphone by Mark231
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2