I'm quite happy with the velour pads (dislike the heat and moisture from leather), and I keep a spare set because they gradually flatten, causing sound to fatten in the bass. A wash and fluff can bring back some of that compressed thickness.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 2/26/15 at 1:28pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 2/16/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 2/16/15 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank Master & Dynamic for providing me with a review sample of ME03 in exchange for my honest opinion. Also, I have to apologize for some of the...
Hey the bang for your buck ratio is great for these. I got them years ago for $500. I've been using them to replace the little tin box in my TV for years. The satellite surrounds are ignored/not...
So this is my first day impression of the Emotiva Stealth 8 speakers and I will be updating every week untilll I have come to the conclusion that I've finally made it through the burn-in process....
Intro Well, after almost two years on Head-fi, I feel it is time to put my words out there and write my first review. In doing so, I feel it is only right that it be about the newly released...
OK This is my first headphone review so please be easy. I am not much on technical terms and such. I know what I like but is difficult to come to words at times. A little about me: Love most...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 852
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is the part number H50635? I normally get my replacement Senn part from BH photo.
Hot water? Might shrink something. Use warm water. And without any soap or what not, you are you gonna wash out the grease and skin particles? In that case don't even wash them at all.
I think senn actually recommends shampoo.
Edited by ev13wt - 7/1/13 at 1:46pm
After thoroughly sitting down with my newly acquired pairs of HD 600 and HD 650, I have concluded I will be keeping the HD 650...though I'm going to try and formulate some type of review and comparison for both...meaning I'll be holding on to the HD 600 a bit longer. Reviews of these are probably tired and old, now, but I enjoy the HD 650s mainly for a lot of heavier genres (hardcore, metal, etc) and even rap, hip hop, and EDM proves to be satisfying.
One Way to Wash:
Pull pad off gently, grasping about 1/3 of the pad at once and gently pulling away.
Use a soap that doesn't have additives but does lather up a bit, like Method Sweet Water.
Hold it with "face side" down, so that flow carries out skin oils and salt.
Massage soapy water through it by squeezing it from outside-inside (perpendicular to pressure when wearing).
Same when rinsing.
Squeeze to drip dry state.
Don't force too hard in case the foam is already starting to break down.
Put them face-up on something like a window screen (spatter guard for skillet, or pizza grate), and dry with a fan.
Search for "HD 650" (no quotes) from this page:
And add the pad pair to your cart:
Ear cushion, pair.
The price is about the same if you include shipping.
But at Sennheiser, add this adapter (found using the same search) to your cart to qualify for free shipping above $50 (They are out of them so you won't have to pay the part or the shipping!)
|Plug adapter||Part# 092595|
Adapter, 6.5mm female to 3.5mm stereo phone plug
Edited by Stoney - 7/1/13 at 10:11pm
These 2 parts come to $100 in Australia, and they call this the lucky country.
Yes. Sennheiser should be horsewhipped for its price gouging in Australia (and probably elsewhere). $100 for a couple of donut pads--sheesh!
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Shure SE215 Blue SPE ~VS~ Audio Technica ATH-IM70 5 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015, March 28-29, 2015 -- It's Official! 7 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 1 minute ago
- › Original Song Written by Me, Please Have a Listen! 1 minute ago
- › 6SN7 Tube Addicts 1 minute ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 2 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 2 minutes ago
- › Recommendations for first hi-fi rig 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › AKG K7XX by Change is Good
- › Symphonized Wraith Premium Genuine Wood Headphones by cmdrmcgarrett
- › Sennheiser Urbanite XL Black Over-Ear Headphones by Dogmatrix
- › Monoprice MHP-839 by engineerd3d
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by D-TECH
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by NineRedTools
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by rjm003
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3