I'm quite happy with the velour pads (dislike the heat and moisture from leather), and I keep a spare set because they gradually flatten, causing sound to fatten in the bass. A wash and fluff can bring back some of that compressed thickness.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 852
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is the part number H50635? I normally get my replacement Senn part from BH photo.
Hot water? Might shrink something. Use warm water. And without any soap or what not, you are you gonna wash out the grease and skin particles? In that case don't even wash them at all.
I think senn actually recommends shampoo.
Edited by ev13wt - 7/1/13 at 1:46pm
After thoroughly sitting down with my newly acquired pairs of HD 600 and HD 650, I have concluded I will be keeping the HD 650...though I'm going to try and formulate some type of review and comparison for both...meaning I'll be holding on to the HD 600 a bit longer. Reviews of these are probably tired and old, now, but I enjoy the HD 650s mainly for a lot of heavier genres (hardcore, metal, etc) and even rap, hip hop, and EDM proves to be satisfying.
One Way to Wash:
Pull pad off gently, grasping about 1/3 of the pad at once and gently pulling away.
Use a soap that doesn't have additives but does lather up a bit, like Method Sweet Water.
Hold it with "face side" down, so that flow carries out skin oils and salt.
Massage soapy water through it by squeezing it from outside-inside (perpendicular to pressure when wearing).
Same when rinsing.
Squeeze to drip dry state.
Don't force too hard in case the foam is already starting to break down.
Put them face-up on something like a window screen (spatter guard for skillet, or pizza grate), and dry with a fan.
Search for "HD 650" (no quotes) from this page:
And add the pad pair to your cart:
Ear cushion, pair.
The price is about the same if you include shipping.
But at Sennheiser, add this adapter (found using the same search) to your cart to qualify for free shipping above $50 (They are out of them so you won't have to pay the part or the shipping!)
|Plug adapter||Part# 092595|
Adapter, 6.5mm female to 3.5mm stereo phone plug
Edited by Stoney - 7/1/13 at 10:11pm
These 2 parts come to $100 in Australia, and they call this the lucky country.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 2 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Microphone for commentary and Skype 2 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › JH5 Blowout? 4 minutes ago
- › Musical IEM For Rock and Metal, Less Than $200 5 minutes ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 5 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 minutes ago
- › Ivery IS-1 (or Liberty 1’s) 6 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)