I'm quite happy with the velour pads (dislike the heat and moisture from leather), and I keep a spare set because they gradually flatten, causing sound to fatten in the bass. A wash and fluff can bring back some of that compressed thickness.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- New desktop setup... Last post on 11/25/14 at 3:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- AKG K702 65th + K7xx (massdrop) Keep? Or Return? Last post on Today at 9:03 am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650 on sale Last post on 11/20/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD600 for trade with good tablet (Galaxy Pro 8.4 or V500 by LG plus possible cash... Last post on 11/11/14 at 2:01pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Looking for a close and portable version of HD 650 Last post on 11/22/14 at 9:40am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: Yesterday
I have owned my HD600 for 12-15 years now. I had to change headband and earpad de to weare after 10 years. I believe the Sennheiser HD600 is my best purchase EVER no matter what! I am extremely...
Great headphones. Seriously, I'm really impresed with the detailed and excellent natural balanced sound that this unit delivers. I currently own the K712 pro and the K702 65th Anniversary Edition,...
The new iteration of the Brainwavz R3 is an intriguing earphone. They’re large earphones, each side containing two dynamic drivers in big pill shaped aluminium housings. They currently retail for...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be...
iBasso D-Zero MKII Review iBasso is a very common name out there on the forums now, with their DX50 and DX90 gaining a rather large user base. I have reviewed both the DX50 and DX90 and I found...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 852
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is the part number H50635? I normally get my replacement Senn part from BH photo.
Hot water? Might shrink something. Use warm water. And without any soap or what not, you are you gonna wash out the grease and skin particles? In that case don't even wash them at all.
I think senn actually recommends shampoo.
Edited by ev13wt - 7/1/13 at 1:46pm
After thoroughly sitting down with my newly acquired pairs of HD 600 and HD 650, I have concluded I will be keeping the HD 650...though I'm going to try and formulate some type of review and comparison for both...meaning I'll be holding on to the HD 600 a bit longer. Reviews of these are probably tired and old, now, but I enjoy the HD 650s mainly for a lot of heavier genres (hardcore, metal, etc) and even rap, hip hop, and EDM proves to be satisfying.
One Way to Wash:
Pull pad off gently, grasping about 1/3 of the pad at once and gently pulling away.
Use a soap that doesn't have additives but does lather up a bit, like Method Sweet Water.
Hold it with "face side" down, so that flow carries out skin oils and salt.
Massage soapy water through it by squeezing it from outside-inside (perpendicular to pressure when wearing).
Same when rinsing.
Squeeze to drip dry state.
Don't force too hard in case the foam is already starting to break down.
Put them face-up on something like a window screen (spatter guard for skillet, or pizza grate), and dry with a fan.
Search for "HD 650" (no quotes) from this page:
And add the pad pair to your cart:
Ear cushion, pair.
The price is about the same if you include shipping.
But at Sennheiser, add this adapter (found using the same search) to your cart to qualify for free shipping above $50 (They are out of them so you won't have to pay the part or the shipping!)
|Plug adapter||Part# 092595|
Adapter, 6.5mm female to 3.5mm stereo phone plug
Edited by Stoney - 7/1/13 at 10:11pm
These 2 parts come to $100 in Australia, and they call this the lucky country.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge just now
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › How to move on and up from ATH-M50's? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › New Release! The K7XX Massdrop First Edition - an exclusive from... 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › Asus Xonar DX Questions 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade ckm500 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by paara
- › AKG K702 65th Anniversary Edition by gabrielnorena
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by lecky
- › FIDUE A71 Dual Dynamic Drivers Hi-Fi Earphones by djvkool
- › iBasso Audio D-Zero MK2 by lin0003
- › Audio Technica ATH-A900X | Art Monitor Headphones (Japan Import) by Mink
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by mark2410
- › Creative Sound Blaster E3 Headphone Amplifier by ClieOS
- › Blue Microphones Mo-Fi Powered High-Fidelity Headphones with... by MacedonianHero
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)