I'm quite happy with the velour pads (dislike the heat and moisture from leather), and I keep a spare set because they gradually flatten, causing sound to fatten in the bass. A wash and fluff can bring back some of that compressed thickness.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- More sonically balanced Sennheiser momentums with active noise cancelling for under $150!!! Last post on 9/19/14 at 6:04am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stereo amplifier for HD650 or Headphone amp? Last post on 9/18/14 at 12:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on 9/17/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on 9/15/14 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Excelllent headphones, coming after ss 9h headset, senn's 429 558 598 and i love these most, i differentiate details better in vocals now, i can say if vocalist is blowing into microphone while...
published on September 22, 2014 (click any photo in this review for a larger version) Intro I first heard about Garage1217's Project Polaris (just "Polaris" from here on out, for the...
Please disregard the sliders on the left hand side, as they are broken. Prefatory Notes: I purchased this product and am therefore not immune to the negative effects of buyer’s remorse...
I bought my RP3 for my headphone set up to enter in the world of vinyl and what a buy! Overall the rega is a very sensitive Turntable however, it awes me everytime I plug it in a play.
I have owned the WA2 for about a year now. I typically listen to Alternative Rock, occasional Rap and some Blues. I am using a Arcam rDac with it and I also have a Rega RP-3 and a Project Phono...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 852
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is the part number H50635? I normally get my replacement Senn part from BH photo.
Hot water? Might shrink something. Use warm water. And without any soap or what not, you are you gonna wash out the grease and skin particles? In that case don't even wash them at all.
I think senn actually recommends shampoo.
Edited by ev13wt - 7/1/13 at 1:46pm
After thoroughly sitting down with my newly acquired pairs of HD 600 and HD 650, I have concluded I will be keeping the HD 650...though I'm going to try and formulate some type of review and comparison for both...meaning I'll be holding on to the HD 600 a bit longer. Reviews of these are probably tired and old, now, but I enjoy the HD 650s mainly for a lot of heavier genres (hardcore, metal, etc) and even rap, hip hop, and EDM proves to be satisfying.
One Way to Wash:
Pull pad off gently, grasping about 1/3 of the pad at once and gently pulling away.
Use a soap that doesn't have additives but does lather up a bit, like Method Sweet Water.
Hold it with "face side" down, so that flow carries out skin oils and salt.
Massage soapy water through it by squeezing it from outside-inside (perpendicular to pressure when wearing).
Same when rinsing.
Squeeze to drip dry state.
Don't force too hard in case the foam is already starting to break down.
Put them face-up on something like a window screen (spatter guard for skillet, or pizza grate), and dry with a fan.
Search for "HD 650" (no quotes) from this page:
And add the pad pair to your cart:
Ear cushion, pair.
The price is about the same if you include shipping.
But at Sennheiser, add this adapter (found using the same search) to your cart to qualify for free shipping above $50 (They are out of them so you won't have to pay the part or the shipping!)
|Plug adapter||Part# 092595|
Adapter, 6.5mm female to 3.5mm stereo phone plug
Edited by Stoney - 7/1/13 at 10:11pm
These 2 parts come to $100 in Australia, and they call this the lucky country.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › PX100-II Review | Appreciation Thread 50 seconds ago
- › What smartphone screen size do you prefer? 2 minutes ago
- › POCKET RADIO RECOMMENDATION NEEDED 2 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › audio-gd C-2 Class A 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12 or E17? 4 minutes ago
- › Audio-Gd Master 7 - Discrete Fully Balanced DAC (PCM1704) 4 minutes ago
- › [Review] Noble Audio Kaiser 10 - The Wizard Rises Again 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › NocturnaL Audio Custom Headphone Cables 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K 550 by Ufasas
- › Garage1217 Project Polaris by Asr
- › Bose QuietComfort 20i Acoustic Noise Cancelling Headphones by dbdchc
- › Rega RP3 by Nhubley
- › Woo Audio 2 by Nhubley
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by razor5cl
- › Aune M1 Hi-Fi Wav Player by wtnwin111
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Armaegis
- › Fidue A83 Reference Class Triple Hybrid IEM by Brooko
- › Audio-gd NFB29 by kvtaco17
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)