or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 86

post #1276 of 36836
Another complement for hd650 here.i find them very versatile and suit every music genres and they sound soooooooooo relaxing when listening to classical and chamber music.Every night i rest in bed with my hd650 and dim the lights and read my favourite book and forget about everything else.i will never sell my hd650,even if i get something better.They are perfect all around.
post #1277 of 36836
Will post it here as well...

Been enjoying HD650 with Micro amp over weekend, I am pretty much in love. This could be my only setup at home and I could be happy forever, seriously it seems that I am easily impressed because I simply don`t understand why would you need more? perfect soundstage, perfect bass, perfect clarity, does nothing extraordinary but it is pleasing. just relax and enjoy the music. As for 325i I think it is perfect brother for 650, rough and edgy.
post #1278 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimlink View Post
This may be true, but I actually saw it differently. I thought I was beginning to hear through it all. I'd prefer to call it sonic liberation, though it's not quite over yet since you're rarely convinced in one fell swoop.
Remember that scene in The Matrix where Neo begins to see the truth? It can happen to any of us at any time.
post #1279 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post
Another complement for hd650 here.i find them very versatile and suit every music genres and they sound soooooooooo relaxing when listening to classical and chamber music.Every night i rest in bed with my hd650 and dim the lights and read my favourite book and forget about everything else.i will never sell my hd650,even if i get something better.They are perfect all around.

I'm not sure about perfect, since that would belong in another dimension. Pretty OK though, and better than any of the competition I've listened to so far (and that's a lot).

Incidentally, though I do love my 650, I've never been to bed with it. Did you hate yourself in the morning?

Oh yes....it's "compliment" not "complement".
post #1280 of 36836
That unfocused treble I commented about seems to be exacerbated in part from my player... wierd, because for months it was too sharp and bright via speakers (still a bit too soft with the HD650s). My new SCD-XA5400ES broke in gradually and became what seemed like an ideal balance. Now, it's a bit soft. Wonder where it will settle out....

Anyway, I too find the HD650s delightful and appreciate that they don't over-emphasize treble, in which regard they are better than the HD800 whose upper midrange/lower treble I find too bright, and even sibilant on several setups I heard at the meet.
post #1281 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by midoo1990 View Post
Another complement for hd650 here.i find them very versatile and suit every music genres and they sound soooooooooo relaxing when listening to classical and chamber music.Every night i rest in bed with my hd650 and dim the lights and read my favourite book and forget about everything else.i will never sell my hd650,even if i get something better.They are perfect all around.
I almost did exactly the same last night. I put on some classical vinyl, put my hd 650 on, dimmed the lights and just listened. (I didn't read a book, cause I really can't do 2 things at a time. I really enjoy just listening)
post #1282 of 36836
You folks listening to music stored in your laptops and pc's with your HD650's, what equipment do you use? Is there a nice desktop amp with built in DAC that works well with HD650? Or is it more common to use a separate DAC and connect that to a desktop amp? I have the iBasso D4 and I think the DAC in D4 is good, so would it be a good idea for me to buy a better desktop amp and keep the D4 for DAC use?
post #1283 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentino View Post
You folks listening to music stored in your laptops and pc's with your HD650's, what equipment do you use? Is there a nice desktop amp with built in DAC that works well with HD650? Or is it more common to use a separate DAC and connect that to a desktop amp? I have the iBasso D4 and I think the DAC in D4 is good, so would it be a good idea for me to buy a better desktop amp and keep the D4 for DAC use?
I'm using a Icon HDP (amp+dac) - only had an X-FI previous so don't really have much to compare it to but few other people seem to like the combo over in the HDP review thread
post #1284 of 36836
I'd hands down recommend a HeadRoom Desktop Amp/DAC.
post #1285 of 36836
Oh that looks like a perfect product for me. Seems it has everything I would need, awesome, thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidu View Post
I'm using a Icon HDP (amp+dac) - only had an X-FI previous so don't really have much to compare it to but few other people seem to like the combo over in the HDP review thread
post #1286 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentino View Post
Oh that looks like a perfect product for me. Seems it has everything I would need, awesome, thanks.
NP, i ordered mine from here

Nuforce HDP

Saved on shipping/import taxes from the states =)
post #1287 of 36836
Which DAC would you recommend to use with the 650s and a Little Dot mkiii?

I love the warmth and immersiveness, but could do with a touch more clarity and 'harshness'.

Something under $150.
post #1288 of 36836
How would the HotAudio DAC-Extasy do?
post #1289 of 36836
For me the 650s and the LD MkV is a terrific match. Everything is there.
post #1290 of 36836
Senns and I never really hit it off. I owned the HD580, listened to the HD600 at a meet and borrowed an HD650 & HD800 for a few days. I just never cared for the sound they created. However, while putting together a travel rig there was no synergy with the current cans I own. I remembered the HD650 and actually thought it would be a perfect match.

Fast forward to now. I've been able to listen to the HD650 for the past three weeks and it fits very nicely in my travel rig. Lucky guess, but it has brought the balance I'm looking for. Doesn't sound too shabby from my home rig either. No need to add superlatives as the 650 has been discussed to death.

This experience has taught me some nice lessons.
1. Never say never. I thought I would never own a Sennheiser again.
2. Keep an open mind. You may not like something whether you've owned it for awhile or listened for just a bit, but you may be able to use and love it later.
3. Remember that synergy is hard to achieve and not all systems will give the sound YOU are looking for.

I may not be done tweaking the travel rig, but the G-Lite/HD650 are clearly a good match. Guess that means the 650 is a keeper after all .
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread