- 4,449 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: San Francisco
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 9/30/15 at 9:11am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 9/12/15 at 12:04am in Headphones (full-size)
To actually be able to wear the G430, I have to actually place the entire right earcup behind my right ear, so I might as well be using a mono headset, it's very uncomfortable to wear normally. Mic...
To put it bluntly, I'm never buying another Logitech headset ever again. Logitech is well aware of the issues that these headsets have, and still continue to produce defective merchandise/software....
Sound Quality Since I do not have another speaker tap to compare I'm not sure how to tackle this as SQ will be highly dependent on whatever amp you pair it with. No noise attributable to...
Introduction: The Aune X1S is a product that has piqued my interest since its release. After getting the chance to hear the B1 amp, Aune was a company I kept my eyes out for. This X1S...
The Introduction Well, lovely citizens of head-fi, I am finally ready to bring you the review of the new T50RP mod by ZMF Headphones, known as the ZMF Omni. It is a semi-open headphone that...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 850
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could get an O2 now, and a DAC separate later.
As for other budget amps and DACs, I would like to try the Schiit Magni/Modi combo...
Edited by ButtUglyJeff - 6/30/13 at 10:22am
What is your budget?
Best amp i've ever heard with the HD-650's is the Headroom Micro Amp. It's very under-appreciated. I prefer it to the E9, Magni and Asgard1. Unlike the Asgard1 (in my experience) the Micro plays well with everything else you get in the future.
It's very transparent but never sounds thin and bright with some headphones like the Schiit Magni. I reminds me of an E9 on steroids really. The E9 is actually a little warmer and not as transparent. I imagine it may sound similar to the M-Stage, but not really sure.
ODAC or Modi is fine. I sold my ODAC and kept the Modi because I couldn't hear much of any difference. I don't know how on earth people have.
As far as a amp, I really enjoy my Darkvoice 336se with the HD650's and if you're interested in tube rolling, it gives you truly a ton of options.
There is also the newer La Figaro 336C, almost exactly the same as the 336se, but with a few minor improvements:
However, probably the best I've yet to hear with the HD650's is Woo Audio's WA22, but it's not cheap...
If you really want to get a combo, I spent a little bit of time with the Woo Audio WA7 recently and my HD650's and it really impressed me. I would definitely look further into it, but I'm not sure what your budget is:
I own WA7 for over two months already and HD650 sound excellent with it, actually the best pairing I heard so far plus it pairs well with many other headphones. I also signed with HD700 demo program so will be able to compare them with my HD650 and find ou if they really so bad as I read
I don't know your preference in genre, but I love any female vocalist with my HD650s. And I have a huge crush on Esperanza Spalding. So why not give some jazz vocals a taste?
Oh, how I envy you. I merely have the CD...
What a coincidence two HD650 lovers pick the same album, at the same time?
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Hifiman Edition X 35 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 2 minutes ago
- › GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio - An overlooked brand of nice IEMs 4 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 5 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Layla Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Sony Xperia Z5 Range - Audio Quality 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - The Shard Event 9 minutes ago
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 9 minutes ago
- › Shozy Alien FS 10 minutes ago
- › G430 Gaming Headset by themastercheif
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by themastercheif
- › Rolls PM57 Headphone Tap by BeatsWork
- › Aune X1S 32Bit/384KHz DSD DAC Headphone Amplifier by Cotnijoe
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by PacoTaco
- › Noontec Wireless Headphones ZORO II Wireless Hi-Fi Bluetooth On-Ear... by twister6
- › RHA T20 by RedTwilight
- › Brainwavz S3 by thatBeatsguy
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by suman134
- › HiFiMAN HE400S by nmatheis
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2