- 4,449 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: San Francisco
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV Last post on Today at 2:02 am in Headphones (full-size)
- HD 650s keep breaking, is it my own ignorace? Last post on 7/11/16 at 4:33pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 8/14/15 at 3:54am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 12/23/15 at 9:48am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/28/16
This review is from earphonia.com Re-posted on headfi to share to impressions http://earphonia.com/earphone-cables/effect-audio-iem-cable-thor-silver-ii-lightning-strikes As a lot of...
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 850
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could get an O2 now, and a DAC separate later.
As for other budget amps and DACs, I would like to try the Schiit Magni/Modi combo...
Edited by ButtUglyJeff - 6/30/13 at 10:22am
What is your budget?
Best amp i've ever heard with the HD-650's is the Headroom Micro Amp. It's very under-appreciated. I prefer it to the E9, Magni and Asgard1. Unlike the Asgard1 (in my experience) the Micro plays well with everything else you get in the future.
It's very transparent but never sounds thin and bright with some headphones like the Schiit Magni. I reminds me of an E9 on steroids really. The E9 is actually a little warmer and not as transparent. I imagine it may sound similar to the M-Stage, but not really sure.
ODAC or Modi is fine. I sold my ODAC and kept the Modi because I couldn't hear much of any difference. I don't know how on earth people have.
As far as a amp, I really enjoy my Darkvoice 336se with the HD650's and if you're interested in tube rolling, it gives you truly a ton of options.
There is also the newer La Figaro 336C, almost exactly the same as the 336se, but with a few minor improvements:
However, probably the best I've yet to hear with the HD650's is Woo Audio's WA22, but it's not cheap...
If you really want to get a combo, I spent a little bit of time with the Woo Audio WA7 recently and my HD650's and it really impressed me. I would definitely look further into it, but I'm not sure what your budget is:
I own WA7 for over two months already and HD650 sound excellent with it, actually the best pairing I heard so far plus it pairs well with many other headphones. I also signed with HD700 demo program so will be able to compare them with my HD650 and find ou if they really so bad as I read
I don't know your preference in genre, but I love any female vocalist with my HD650s. And I have a huge crush on Esperanza Spalding. So why not give some jazz vocals a taste?
Oh, how I envy you. I merely have the CD...
What a coincidence two HD650 lovers pick the same album, at the same time?
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Requesting DAC/Headphone combo advice-2 ways of going about it. 9 seconds ago
- › DAP Challenge Chart (Including 26 Portable Sources, the BIT Opus 1... 13 seconds ago
- › The 3 heavy weights and other audio myths... Abyss VS Utopia VS... 16 seconds ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 24 seconds ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 28 seconds ago
- › New M8 DAC from SMSL (9018/XMOS) 1 minute ago
- › Shure KSE1500 Review - Shure KSE1500 Sound Isolating Electrostatic... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo TT High End DAC Amp Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear