- 4,449 Posts. Joined 3/2012
- Location: San Francisco
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Desktop or Portable Amp/DAC for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 5/14/15 at 9:16am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 6/3/15 at 12:39am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 8/2/15 at 11:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 5/13/15 at 8:09am in Headphones (full-size)
Everybody knows Sennheiser. They are doing great job at delivering good sound for all prices. I am doing this review with price factor in thought. First of all it is suprisingly detailed sounding...
Wow. There doesn’t seem to be a more appropriate way to word the beginning of this review, than to simply express my genuine surprise, and indeed – to a certain extent – admiration of the UMi Voix...
I bought the Q Audio French Silk balanced cable for my Audeze LCD-3's mainly because of the ergonomics and cool design/look over the stock cables. When running balanced, I doubted I would hear much...
I got a pair of these new on Amazon about a month and a half ago. I thought they sounded great for a pair of closed on-ears, and were pretty decently comfortable to the point that listening to...
At the time of the review, the Audioquest Nighthawk headphone was on sale at TTJV Audio’s website. Here is a link to Todd’s listing of the...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 850
Gear mentioned in this thread:
You could get an O2 now, and a DAC separate later.
As for other budget amps and DACs, I would like to try the Schiit Magni/Modi combo...
Edited by ButtUglyJeff - 6/30/13 at 10:22am
What is your budget?
Best amp i've ever heard with the HD-650's is the Headroom Micro Amp. It's very under-appreciated. I prefer it to the E9, Magni and Asgard1. Unlike the Asgard1 (in my experience) the Micro plays well with everything else you get in the future.
It's very transparent but never sounds thin and bright with some headphones like the Schiit Magni. I reminds me of an E9 on steroids really. The E9 is actually a little warmer and not as transparent. I imagine it may sound similar to the M-Stage, but not really sure.
ODAC or Modi is fine. I sold my ODAC and kept the Modi because I couldn't hear much of any difference. I don't know how on earth people have.
As far as a amp, I really enjoy my Darkvoice 336se with the HD650's and if you're interested in tube rolling, it gives you truly a ton of options.
There is also the newer La Figaro 336C, almost exactly the same as the 336se, but with a few minor improvements:
However, probably the best I've yet to hear with the HD650's is Woo Audio's WA22, but it's not cheap...
If you really want to get a combo, I spent a little bit of time with the Woo Audio WA7 recently and my HD650's and it really impressed me. I would definitely look further into it, but I'm not sure what your budget is:
I own WA7 for over two months already and HD650 sound excellent with it, actually the best pairing I heard so far plus it pairs well with many other headphones. I also signed with HD700 demo program so will be able to compare them with my HD650 and find ou if they really so bad as I read
I don't know your preference in genre, but I love any female vocalist with my HD650s. And I have a huge crush on Esperanza Spalding. So why not give some jazz vocals a taste?
Oh, how I envy you. I merely have the CD...
What a coincidence two HD650 lovers pick the same album, at the same time?
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › The WS99/WS77 PG 57.. 10 seconds ago
- › Have you ever met anyone on here who resorts to name calling? 12 seconds ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 17 seconds ago
- › DNA Stratus 2A3 amplifier - first impressions 36 seconds ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available 39 seconds ago
- › hd25-1 impressions thread 39 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 48 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 52 seconds ago
- › MrSpeakers Ether Impressions Thread 53 seconds ago
- › Audio GD Master-11(Combination from Master 7 and Master 9) 55 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser - Sennheiser CX 200 Street II by Gonomon
- › UMI Voix Blu by Rashmosh
- › Q Cables by Mediahound
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by goodyfresh
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3