Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 845

post #12661 of 20527
Quote:
Originally Posted by j0val View Post


Appreciate the response. Personally, I didn't mind the slight discomfort from the grados. The hd650s are definitely easier to wear for extended listening, but pretty damn big.

I actually sold my 225i for the hd650s, which I do not regret at all. To me, the 225i was a bit too harsh at louder volume for my preference. The hd650s are very smooth and generally warm sounding. I've read that the ps500's aren't as bright as any of the models below it in rank.

I guess I'm just starting to get that itch again.

 

Grado refers to the PS500, as having a "hybrid air chamber", and the HF2s were also produced with this.  I believe they are referring to the mahogany interior, and aluminum exterior, of the shell for the drivers.  That is where the superior bass response comes from, in my humble opinion.

 

I auditioned the 325is a while back, and was totally dissatisfied with the listening experience, because it was totally lacking in the bass I tend to crave...

post #12662 of 20527

That's some really polite headphones you've got there, complimenting each other ! biggrin.gif

post #12663 of 20527
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBurn View Post

That's some really polite headphones you've got there, complimenting each other ! biggrin.gif

 

Yes they do.  Actually, all my info come from be listening in on them...

 

HD650 "Oh HF2, I'm so jealous of your bass definition..."

HF2 "Oh don't be, I wish I had your mids..."

HD650 "Thanks, but you shouldn't.  I wish I had your treble..."

HF2 "But your vocals....... My vocals just stink..."

HD650 "Your vocals don't stink..."

 

HD650 and HF2 hugs...

 

[/end scene]

post #12664 of 20527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post

 

Yes they do.  Actually, all my info come from be listening in on them...

 

HD650 "Oh HF2, I'm so jealous of your bass definition..."

HF2 "Oh don't be, I wish I had your mids..."

HD650 "Thanks, but you shouldn't.  I wish I had your treble..."

HF2 "But your vocals....... My vocals just stink..."

HD650 "Your vocals don't stink..."

 

HD650 and HF2 hugs...

 

[/end scene]

popcorn.gif

post #12665 of 20527
Quote:
Originally Posted by ButtUglyJeff View Post

 

Yes they do.  Actually, all my info come from be listening in on them...

 

HD650 "Oh HF2, I'm so jealous of your bass definition..."

HF2 "Oh don't be, I wish I had your mids..."

HD650 "Thanks, but you shouldn't.  I wish I had your treble..."

HF2 "But your vocals....... My vocals just stink..."

HD650 "Your vocals don't stink..."

 

HD650 and HF2 hugs...

 

[/end scene]


I LOL'ed biggrin.gif

post #12666 of 20527

AHahahahah !  xD

 

Thanks for this really funny post, ButtUglyJeff.  Truly made me laugh :-D

post #12667 of 20527
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxamed View Post

To Stoney:

 

This topic has been discussed a lot on the Sound Science part of this forum. You are welcome to join the conversations there.

No thanks. 

post #12668 of 20527

I know this is probably not the smartest thing I ever did, but I bought some HD650's today. I just gotta know how they really sound compared to my 600's. I should sell the one I like the least but I know I won't...I seem to be becoming a headphone hoarder...is there a reality show about that?

post #12669 of 20527
Yes. It's called Head-Fi! :-)
post #12670 of 20527

so whats the "go to " amp under 1k for the 650's at the moment ?

post #12671 of 20527
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPiper View Post

I should sell the one I like the least but I know I won't...I seem to be becoming a headphone hoarder...is there a reality show about that?
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybundy110 View Post

so whats the "go to " amp under 1k for the 650's at the moment ?
Bottlehead Crack
post #12672 of 20527

can i get the crack/speedball diy already made ?? im really bad at diy projects
 

post #12673 of 20527
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybundy110 View Post

so whats the "go to " amp under 1k for the 650's at the moment ?

 

For me it would be the Schiit Lyr. Gorgeous pair  biggrin.gif

post #12674 of 20527
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown View Post

 

For me it would be the Schiit Lyr. Gorgeous pair  biggrin.gif

lol y couldnt u say the crack now im confused :(

post #12675 of 20527

Ha ha, don't be confused.

 

The crack and Lyr are probably the two front runners. The Lyr is a bit more expensive, but still well within your price range and it's pre built as well  biggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread