after owning some beyerdynamic dt770~dt990 headphones, I really came to appreciate the smoothness the vocals on the hd650. However I it sounds a bit muddy but thats probably the amps fault.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
Though these are by no means perfect headphones, their price and excellent bass make them one of the best headphones you can buy for under $200. These headphones are very fun to listen to. They...
Since this is a IEM review I'll keep it short , I have no respect for IEMs ...I wish I could use headphones in the bed but since I cannot I have to resort to IEMs , not a IEM guy I picked...
I'm not much of a audiophile nor a reviewer just a regular audio enthusiast.. Apologies & correct me if I'm wrong.. Absolutely "StUnNeD" by these gems thought of sharing my...
Right have the pleasure of owning these for about 4 months. My Kit: Source: Foobar through Cambridge Audio Dacmagic Amp: Lehman Audio Blackcube Linear Headphones: Audio Technica ATH W...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 841
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Although I don't use eq, removing just a bit of the 100 Hz energy helps if you find it a bit muddy. No more than 3 dB I would say.
That, or purchasing Audeze headphones.
(Just kidding about Audeze, even though their bass is wonderful but the HD650 are wonderful headphones too.)
i might be retiring my hd650 soon. i now have the mighty T1. I have to collect it tomorrow. anyone on here have both and think they complement each other? it would be a shame to wave goodbye to a years friendship.
Edit: btw..the hd650 is more forgiving to the source. While the T1 is a bit picky. Poor recording you might find it a bit harsh or thinner sounding. But once u set with a good recording..sound is amazing.
Edited by muzic4life - 6/18/13 at 6:39pm
You'll love the cable, I have one.
We've all had the "cry" moment... First time I heard a real pair of headphones playing "Here and Heaven" by Yo-Yo Ma and group on Goat Rodeo Sessions. It's like I heard music for the first time in my life... Not a sensitive guy... But it happened...
We don't judge here...
Thanks guys... :D I can finally enjoy listening to music with these. DSOTM sounds JUST right. Neither with AH-D1000, nor moded FA-003, nor FA-002w I could do that before. Moded T50RP is a tiny little bit close to hd650 in reproducing music enjoyably to me.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 33 seconds ago
- › AURALiC owners unite! 1 minute ago
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog Revealed! - The World's First Production... 1 minute ago
- › ECP Audio - DSHA-1, L-2, Black Diamond 1 minute ago
- › DigiZoid ZO FS & ZO FS+ (a.k.a. ZO3) Updates & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 5 minutes ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 5 minutes ago
- › Ghentaudio Cables - Impressions & Opinions. (First impressions &... 5 minutes ago
- › SummitFi EDM Rig - Studio Six vs Liquid Gold vs BHSE / LCD X vs LCD... 5 minutes ago
- › Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D 6 minutes ago
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)