after owning some beyerdynamic dt770~dt990 headphones, I really came to appreciate the smoothness the vocals on the hd650. However I it sounds a bit muddy but thats probably the amps fault.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- I've Made a Terrible Mistake OR My Frustrating IEMs Journey, featuring a scathing reveiw of... Last post on 1/30/15 at 8:55am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- choose my next headphones, bassy (not too much) Last post on Yesterday at 2:53 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Used Sennheiser HD650 Last post on 1/27/15 at 2:52pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD650 - Mint (New Black Box Packaging) Last post on 1/27/15 at 9:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Clear, balanced open-back headphones for under $300 Last post on Today at 7:10 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 841
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Although I don't use eq, removing just a bit of the 100 Hz energy helps if you find it a bit muddy. No more than 3 dB I would say.
That, or purchasing Audeze headphones.
(Just kidding about Audeze, even though their bass is wonderful but the HD650 are wonderful headphones too.)
i might be retiring my hd650 soon. i now have the mighty T1. I have to collect it tomorrow. anyone on here have both and think they complement each other? it would be a shame to wave goodbye to a years friendship.
Edit: btw..the hd650 is more forgiving to the source. While the T1 is a bit picky. Poor recording you might find it a bit harsh or thinner sounding. But once u set with a good recording..sound is amazing.
Edited by muzic4life - 6/18/13 at 6:39pm
You'll love the cable, I have one.
We've all had the "cry" moment... First time I heard a real pair of headphones playing "Here and Heaven" by Yo-Yo Ma and group on Goat Rodeo Sessions. It's like I heard music for the first time in my life... Not a sensitive guy... But it happened...
We don't judge here...
Thanks guys... :D I can finally enjoy listening to music with these. DSOTM sounds JUST right. Neither with AH-D1000, nor moded FA-003, nor FA-002w I could do that before. Moded T50RP is a tiny little bit close to hd650 in reproducing music enjoyably to me.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › First post, first question 3 seconds ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 44 seconds ago
- › OPPO To Reveal PM-3 Planar Magnetic Headphones and HA-2 Portable... 51 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 51 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser IE80's Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT48 Arrives... 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 2 minutes ago
- › I am looking into several products, need help! 2 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3