after owning some beyerdynamic dt770~dt990 headphones, I really came to appreciate the smoothness the vocals on the hd650. However I it sounds a bit muddy but thats probably the amps fault.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- More sonically balanced Sennheiser momentums with active noise cancelling for under $150!!! Last post on Yesterday at 6:04 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Stereo amplifier for HD650 or Headphone amp? Last post on 9/18/14 at 12:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on 9/17/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on 9/15/14 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Let's keep this short. There are better headphones out there without any cons. The Grado RS1i can get shouty at times or give a bit of weird bass. The comfort isn't great either although I changed...
First of all, I have bought these headphones exactly one week ago. I have upgraded to these from my Superlux 668b. I will do a review now, and update it after another couple of weeks worth...
I am from China and I'd like to say Chinese people are lucky enough to have the opportunity to reach most of device in the area of audio especially some brand only provided in China.So it made me...
The Theorem 720 is magical.. Using it is like stepping into a foreign land where everything is crisp, detailed, and so very vivid that you’ll never want to leave again for the boring, veiled,...
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 841
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Although I don't use eq, removing just a bit of the 100 Hz energy helps if you find it a bit muddy. No more than 3 dB I would say.
That, or purchasing Audeze headphones.
(Just kidding about Audeze, even though their bass is wonderful but the HD650 are wonderful headphones too.)
i might be retiring my hd650 soon. i now have the mighty T1. I have to collect it tomorrow. anyone on here have both and think they complement each other? it would be a shame to wave goodbye to a years friendship.
Edit: btw..the hd650 is more forgiving to the source. While the T1 is a bit picky. Poor recording you might find it a bit harsh or thinner sounding. But once u set with a good recording..sound is amazing.
Edited by muzic4life - 6/18/13 at 6:39pm
You'll love the cable, I have one.
We've all had the "cry" moment... First time I heard a real pair of headphones playing "Here and Heaven" by Yo-Yo Ma and group on Goat Rodeo Sessions. It's like I heard music for the first time in my life... Not a sensitive guy... But it happened...
We don't judge here...
Thanks guys... :D I can finally enjoy listening to music with these. DSOTM sounds JUST right. Neither with AH-D1000, nor moded FA-003, nor FA-002w I could do that before. Moded T50RP is a tiny little bit close to hd650 in reproducing music enjoyably to me.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Open letter to John Grado 24 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for quality IEM's to use while working and what not. 2 minutes ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › iPhone 6 with 128GB 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 4 minutes ago
- › Just experienced the feeling for the first time. 5 minutes ago
- › Grado RS1i Reference Series Headphones by Textfeud
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by donniefalcone
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by lizhenghong728
- › Cypher Labs Theorem 720 DAC Headphone Amplifier by cripple1
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)