^^ You didn't notice they now have a matte TCG edition?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Circumaural travel headphones (Alternatives to the PXC450) Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:46pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can mid-fi be too good? Last post on Yesterday at 7:10 am in Headphones (full-size)
Design and Comfort S5 is a new higher-end in-ear-monitor from Brainwavz retailing at about US$100. I’m glad Brainwavz has offerings at most price points below $200. It's great that companies such...
RockJaw is an up and coming headphone company from Great Britain starting strong with a huge lineup. The Alfa Genus is one of their midrange offerings and offers a certain special something that is...
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 798
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Grados are completly modded from top to bottom, some even change the drivers, the earpads, the band, even the cups. Same goes for the Denon, the cup are modifier, the drivers damped. The Audeze earpards are just glued on, and that must be the most modifier cable headphone on the planet because it's so expensive, people cannot get over the plain looking factory cable.
People even repaint their HD800, which is awesome looking by the way.
Meanwhile the HD650 is so good, people don't mod it. Maybe one has tried to remove this foam and that, but stock sounds better.
Stock eapads are the best, and so durable. Headband is comfortable and classy.
Yeah the finish is kind of 'unique' nor cheap looking or especially top of the line, but it holds up really well to drops and knocks.
The HD650 is just good, and well thought out. Otherwise there would be way more mods for it like there is for every other popular headphones.
The headband of my hd650 started to flake after 2 years.
The headband, not the earpads nor the clothy part under the plastic part of the headband. The headband does have a tendency to flake after a while. I suspect mine is due to my large noggin.
He means the paint in the head band. Mine flaked as well after a couple of years.
Loving my 650s and Valhalla (driver foam mod and my own cable also).
Edited by HiFi1972 - 4/27/13 at 11:11pm
Do you guys who have flaking headbands use a headphone stand?
I don't have one yet but i rest my headphones on top of a large piece of packing foam. It was meant to be temporary but i never got around to buying a proper stand.
I don't have a stand, and like you, I hadn't gotten around to do so. I remember reading in this thread that those who use headphone stands tend to have less flaking.
I never used a stand. I mostly stored mine in their box.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Beyerdynamic T1 headphones, mint condition 22 seconds ago
- › HIFiMan HE560 @ TTVJAudio! 1 minute ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › HD 598 or Momentum? 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-7520 4 minutes ago
- › My Very Low Budget Nearfield Desktop Rig (Lepai amp and Dayton... 4 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 5 minutes ago
- › Review: InEar StageDiver Series 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by kingpage
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by Ishcabible
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)