Congrats on the 650!! Regarding to the amp...just get the lyr with nice tubes and be done.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on Yesterday at 1:46 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on 9/15/14 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On-ear, open headphones? Last post on 9/5/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650s and Fast Music. Last post on 9/2/14 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
my repost from: http://www.head-fi.org/t/623894/review-logitech-ue9000-ultimate-ears-headphones-released-the-ue4000-ue6000-and-the-ue9000-impressions-thread/930 Just my two cents, to me, I feel...
When MEE was describing their new iems to me this is what they said: "... these earphones heavily emphasize comfort and appearance, they have nicely balanced sound that is less bassy compared to...
INTRODUCTION First of all, a big THANK YOU to Michael Lin from FIDUE for providing the review unit. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included...
Some people may remember my Mrice E100 review which tells about being the best 2014 earbud king ? … with Blox BE3 .. you can forget that ! welcome to the new earbud that comes from another world...
Hi people. I have owned a pair of these earphones for over a year now, and this is what I think about them. I am a beginner reviewer so please, have some understanding. Also, English is not my...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 790
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was interested in the Valhalla rather than the Lyr. I read somewhere that an OTL design is the best match for the 650s... Maybe I'll rather try my first DIY with a Bottlehead Crack...
Good, I need one, thanks!
I have the Valhala matched with the 650s and the pairing in sublime!!!!!
I also have Valhalla/650 combination and I love it. It is possible that it is too smooth and lush sounding, however, and going with a solid state amplifier - or a hybrid, such as the Lyr - might provide a better balance.
The Lyr is my next purchase so I will let you know when I get it! ;-)
When I was deciding whether to get Lyr or not ... it was like .. well this guy ^^ got 5.5k posts so I better believe what he is saying :D + Skylab (probably one of biggest "monsters" in positive way, here on forum got Lyr pretty high on his amp list)
+ @$%^ I never saw company with better customer support.
My Lyr got pretty fuc*** up on way to me ... broken power switch being main problem. When I asked Jason about this ... he just told me he will send me 2 switches for free from US to EU. Don't think any other company will do things like this. (Btw, it was used Lyr not new from Schiit !)
Oh and ... I'am still thinking about that new/old pad conversation we had some ages ago. Somebody provided this link -> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/116427-REG/Sennheiser_050635_H50635_Ear_Cushions.html , when I get new pads from here will they be the new ones ? or is it possible they still have old in stock?
I feel like mine are totally deformed, tried washing and it didn't help.
ps: Taking out foam between driver and ear will screw up sound tried this too
Edited by Flisker - 4/18/13 at 2:34pm
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why I hate chocolate ice cream) 15 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Decware Select Zen CSP2 Tube Headphone Amp 53 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › $100 IEMs For Rock/Metal 1 minute ago
- › Matrix X-Sabre DAC review and impression thread 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 3 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Blox BE3 by subwoof3r
- › Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic by donniefalcone
- › PCM-M10 Portable Digital Recorder by THD plus N
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by JoeDoe
- › Superlux HD-668 B by donniefalcone
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)