Congrats on the 650!! Regarding to the amp...just get the lyr with nice tubes and be done.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on Today at 12:08 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 2/16/15 at 11:31pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 2/16/15 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Got one of these for a downstairs/bedroom system I'm trying to put together for peanuts. For your money, you get a very well made little steel box, crinkle finished, painted silver. You can see...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 790
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was interested in the Valhalla rather than the Lyr. I read somewhere that an OTL design is the best match for the 650s... Maybe I'll rather try my first DIY with a Bottlehead Crack...
Good, I need one, thanks!
I have the Valhala matched with the 650s and the pairing in sublime!!!!!
I also have Valhalla/650 combination and I love it. It is possible that it is too smooth and lush sounding, however, and going with a solid state amplifier - or a hybrid, such as the Lyr - might provide a better balance.
The Lyr is my next purchase so I will let you know when I get it! ;-)
When I was deciding whether to get Lyr or not ... it was like .. well this guy ^^ got 5.5k posts so I better believe what he is saying :D + Skylab (probably one of biggest "monsters" in positive way, here on forum got Lyr pretty high on his amp list)
+ @$%^ I never saw company with better customer support.
My Lyr got pretty fuc*** up on way to me ... broken power switch being main problem. When I asked Jason about this ... he just told me he will send me 2 switches for free from US to EU. Don't think any other company will do things like this. (Btw, it was used Lyr not new from Schiit !)
Oh and ... I'am still thinking about that new/old pad conversation we had some ages ago. Somebody provided this link -> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/116427-REG/Sennheiser_050635_H50635_Ear_Cushions.html , when I get new pads from here will they be the new ones ? or is it possible they still have old in stock?
I feel like mine are totally deformed, tried washing and it didn't help.
ps: Taking out foam between driver and ear will screw up sound tried this too
Edited by Flisker - 4/18/13 at 2:34pm
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Audeze Robbed of LCD Series Headphones 2 seconds ago
- › Icon Audio HP8/MP 3 9 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 3 minutes ago
- › "The Lab" 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 4 minutes ago
- › Review: Spiral Ear SE 5-way Reference - A new level of resolution?... 4 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 5 minutes ago
- › Review of Schiit Audio FULLA usb dongle DAC/amp w/pics!!! 5 minutes ago
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker... by NightFlight
- › Emotiva Stealth Eight by Audiobahn808
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3