Congrats on the 650!! Regarding to the amp...just get the lyr with nice tubes and be done.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Used Sennheiser HD650 Last post on Yesterday at 2:52 pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD650 - Mint (New Black Box Packaging) Last post on Yesterday at 9:38 am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Clear, balanced open-back headphones for under $300 Last post on Yesterday at 8:34 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Need help to find my path - hd650/600 vs K7xx vs Fidelio x2 vs Ath-Msr7 ? Last post on Today at 10:12 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Local stores in New york and UK? Also a poll Last post on 1/21/15 at 3:04am in Headphones (full-size)
This is a very impressive can for less than 1000.00! If this was a 1300-1500.00 can, I wouldn't say it was overpriced. Especially given what some of the audeze and hd800 cost. Now I wouldn't say...
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
I bought these a year ago now and they are holding up great with my Vector Research amplifier. Bass is on 10 Mid on 6 and treble on 8. They sound fantastic and don't make any buzzing noises. I wear...
Here a short first-impressions-review of the AH-MM400. After unpacking I was truly amazed. The build-quality is far beyond anything I ever held in my hands with this price tag to it. If anybody...
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 790
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I was interested in the Valhalla rather than the Lyr. I read somewhere that an OTL design is the best match for the 650s... Maybe I'll rather try my first DIY with a Bottlehead Crack...
Good, I need one, thanks!
I have the Valhala matched with the 650s and the pairing in sublime!!!!!
I also have Valhalla/650 combination and I love it. It is possible that it is too smooth and lush sounding, however, and going with a solid state amplifier - or a hybrid, such as the Lyr - might provide a better balance.
The Lyr is my next purchase so I will let you know when I get it! ;-)
When I was deciding whether to get Lyr or not ... it was like .. well this guy ^^ got 5.5k posts so I better believe what he is saying :D + Skylab (probably one of biggest "monsters" in positive way, here on forum got Lyr pretty high on his amp list)
+ @$%^ I never saw company with better customer support.
My Lyr got pretty fuc*** up on way to me ... broken power switch being main problem. When I asked Jason about this ... he just told me he will send me 2 switches for free from US to EU. Don't think any other company will do things like this. (Btw, it was used Lyr not new from Schiit !)
Oh and ... I'am still thinking about that new/old pad conversation we had some ages ago. Somebody provided this link -> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/116427-REG/Sennheiser_050635_H50635_Ear_Cushions.html , when I get new pads from here will they be the new ones ? or is it possible they still have old in stock?
I feel like mine are totally deformed, tried washing and it didn't help.
ps: Taking out foam between driver and ear will screw up sound tried this too
Edited by Flisker - 4/18/13 at 2:34pm
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Audio Quality 4 seconds ago
- › Schiit Modi USB DAC 22 seconds ago
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 46 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-X 58 seconds ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › REVIEW of Zero Audio DUOZA dual dynamic driver IEM 1 minute ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 1 minute ago
- › Need help to find my path - hd650/600 vs K7xx vs Fidelio x2 vs... 2 minutes ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet: January 24th 2015 - Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Centrance upcoming product for Iphone 5 above and Ipod Touch 5 : Hi... 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by moodyrn
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)