Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 776

post #11626 of 19545

I love my la figaro 339 !

post #11627 of 19545
What do tubes bring to the 650s that I can't get from my Graham Slee Solo? If I had to upgrade, what would I have to get and how much would it cost?
post #11628 of 19545
Quote:
Originally Posted by swmtnbiker View Post

I moved from the Lyr to the Crack + Speedball myself and had plenty of time to compare them side-by-side. The Schiit is good, but with the HD 650 the Crack is on a higher plain of existence. I don't miss my Lyr at all.

 

Swmtnbiker, if you are to scale the musical quality of the crack + hd650 as perfect 10, what will be the scale number for lyr + hd650?

post #11629 of 19545

Here's a solution to the Sennheiser "veil": Turn up the volume. 

post #11630 of 19545
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangsta View Post

I finally realized after listening to so many different headphones, $100 pairs to $5000 i still realized that, i still love my sennheiser hd650s. i have never heard another headphone that can produce detailed but heavy bass like the sennheiser hd650s. Even though the sound is a little laid back, i still love them. i tried the grado sr325is and i just didnt like the sound, it was sort of muffled, there was (to me) hardly any detail. all i have to say is I LOVE MY 650s! No one can take them away from me!

rating:







now tell about your experiences =).
post #11631 of 19545
Sup guys, I have to pick some headphones for my birthday ranging from $60-80 and they have to be from best buy. My problem is I don't know which ones are better, the 439hd Sennheisers or the 429hd Sennheisers. You'd be helpin me out a lot if you can tell me which ones better by today. Gotta order 'em by Monday and Ima have to use me for at least 5 years. I'm gonna buy them off of Best buy, they're both $79.99.
post #11632 of 19545
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank75 View Post

Sup guys, I have to pick some headphones for my birthday ranging from $60-80 and they have to be from best buy. My problem is I don't know which ones are better, the 439hd Sennheisers or the 429hd Sennheisers. You'd be helpin me out a lot if you can tell me which ones better by today. Gotta order 'em by Monday and Ima have to use me for at least 5 years. I'm gonna buy them off of Best buy, they're both $79.99.

 

You're not gonna find what you want on this thread mate. :)

Try here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/625816/sennheiser-hd-419-429-439

post #11633 of 19545
Thanks for the help guy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scolaiw View Post

You're not gonna find what you want on this thread mate. smily_headphones1.gif


Try here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/625816/sennheiser-hd-419-429-439
post #11634 of 19545
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybaffy View Post

Here's a solution to the Sennheiser "veil": Turn up the volume. 

 

That's like telling someone who complains about the treble on the HD800 to : "Turn down the volume."

post #11635 of 19545
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarek99 View Post

 

That's like telling someone who complains about the treble on the HD800 to : "Turn down the volume."

 

Whatever. 


Edited by fuzzybaffy - 3/30/13 at 6:28pm
post #11636 of 19545
Quote:
Originally Posted by maarek99 View Post

That's like telling someone who complains about the treble on the HD800 to : "Turn down the volume."

Funny thing is, that's exactly what Sennheiser explicitly recommends in the hd800 manual.
post #11637 of 19545

Volume matched, you will hear more detail and clarity out of a properly amped HD650 at any volume, even low ones.

 

People used to think I was crazy because I listened to my HD650 at pretty high volumes. I would unconsciously turn up the volume because it didn't sound 'right' unless I did. After getting a proper amp, I find myself listening at much lower volumes and not finding the need to turn the volume up for it to sound 'right'.

post #11638 of 19545
Quote:
Originally Posted by VALIENTE View Post

 

Swmtnbiker, if you are to scale the musical quality of the crack + hd650 as perfect 10, what will be the scale number for lyr + hd650?

 

Hmmm, interesting question. For what it's worth, I'd say that if I rated the Crack + Speedball a perfect 10 with the HD 650 then I'd have to put the Lyr at about a 7, with both amps running the best tubes I've heard in each.

 

But what do I know... biggrin.gif

post #11639 of 19545
Quote:
Originally Posted by EraserXIV View Post

Volume matched, you will hear more detail and clarity out of a properly amped HD650 at any volume, even low ones.

 

People used to think I was crazy because I listened to my HD650 at pretty high volumes. I would unconsciously turn up the volume because it didn't sound 'right' unless I did. After getting a proper amp, I find myself listening at much lower volumes and not finding the need to turn the volume up for it to sound 'right'.

 

Oh. So you agree the Sennheiser "veil" is a myth, then. 

post #11640 of 19545
I would, tho I would also say that they don't rip your head off with treble. If others see that as veil, then I suppose they are veiled. I just see them as wonderfully presented. However, I also listen to little else other than classical so I can see horses for courses at work too.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread