Tried many recordings. Swapped several cables...
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 3/16/15 at 8:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 3/4/15 at 8:38am in Headphones (full-size)
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
This review is for Aurisonics Rockets in ears, a little about me I am 38 years old and have been into hi-res audio since I was in middle school. I don't consider myself an audiophile like many on...
Incipio F38 Remember the famous budget cans, the RP-HTF600? They we're great once modded, and so are these! So let's talk. This won't be a Super Detailed Review. Overall Sound: Highs...
wouldn't recommend if you're going to pay for $100 or above. Reasonable price should have been around $70. The only selling point is the open soundstage, would make a goid pair for movies or...
Just purchased these to see if the review-ratings were any close to reality. Quite a bit yeah. I thought it's good to have them with you if you want to occasionally let a friend listen with...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 753
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It could be the fabric in your earpads moving, as the headphone shifts around your head. Funny as it seems, that's what happens with me. I sometimes notice a slight crackle on my left side, but I realized it was just the sound of the velcro/fabric of the earpads moving, while the headphone slides around and/or adjusts position around the head.
I didn't like the BCL with the HD650. Too veiled and slow. There are better and cheaper amps that synergize better. Offcourse it depends on the dac too.
I don't know what you meant by too veiled and slow. Sennheiser uses the BCL to show case their HD800's and 650s in conventions. Did you own the BCL with DAC built in?
Decware CSP2+ with a little tube rolling....
For me the Bottlehead Crack + Speedball is the sh!t paired with the HD650, beating out the ALO Pan Am and Schiit Lyr handily. I also feel the Crack is better than the Burson Soloist for this headphone, but if you must have SS then the Soloist is a wonderful choice.
I love that how often Bottlehead gets recommended. Sometimes I worry on review sites that the sponsors all get great reviews. No one gets a kickback from praising a DIY project...unless, of course, you count the buy-in from doing a DIY. That being said, I hate often Bottlehead gets recommended: I have noooo confidence in my DIY skills. You should see what my entertainment center looks like...
I spent most of the evening swapping out the HD650 and the HD800 with the Crack + Speedball. I paid over $1000 more for the HD800. I am not sure which one I like better. In fact, over the last week, the HD800 has spent a lot more time on the shelf than the HD650.
Stop teasing! I may just have to try the Bottlhead!
I'd love to give the HD800 a spin sometime, but it's waaaay out of my price range and I'm afraid that I may actually *like* it. Think I'll stick with my $324 HD650 for now...
I think the HD800 is undoubtedly the "better" headphone. Very open sounding, great extension, incredible clarity. But it's lacking in musicality and timbre; I wish I knew what it was about some headphones (Grado HP1000 is the best example) that gave them that natural tone. The HD650 is excellent in that regard.
I don't want to head off topic, but do any Crack owners here know what would cause a 50Hz hum (I think) to creep in after an hour or so of listening?
I've asked on the Bottlehead forums, but haven't had much luck. If you have any ideas, I'd love a PM with suggestions!
I had this happen with my HD580's when I first got my Little Dot MKIII. Once the tubes settled in after about a week, it was gone. It only came back if I moved the amp before the tubes were fully warmed up.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 8 seconds ago
- › CanJam SoCal 2015 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › DT770 pro 80's broke, confidence lost in Beyer...advice please 2 minutes ago
- › Damping Stax phones with Sorbothane: Lambdas, SRXIII Pro, SR003,... 2 minutes ago
- › [Review] CK100PRO Unboxing & Impressions (+ a retrospective journey... 3 minutes ago
- › High End Bluetooth Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 4 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 4 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by trane1992
- › Sony Inner Ear Hi-res Stereo Headphone Xba-a2 Black (Japan Import) by Hawaiibadboy
- › Ultrasone DJ1 PRO by T.R.A.N.C.E.
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2