^^ Hey, very clever!! The clamp also goes down the longer you wear them as the pads compress naturally over time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on Yesterday at 12:08 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on Today at 4:19 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on 2/16/15 at 12:28am in Headphones (full-size)
Disclaimer: I was given the MEElectronics M9 Classic in return for a review. The opinions expressed in this review are 100% my own, and were not influenced by MEElectronics in any way. Before I...
AK120II and Pono player combined review
EarTech Music have you ever heard of them or Ear Technology Corporation well me neither. This review is for EarTech Music Dual driver custom in ear monitor. I ran upon this company one day while I...
Setup: System #1: Macbook Pro Retina, Fidelia Software, Fiio e17 Alpen System #2: Mac Pro, Fidelia Software, Headphone Out or Fiio e17/E09K combo Some of the tracks used to...
WHY THESE? The kind people on iBuyGou (www.ibuygou.com) kindly offered me a pair of Xiaomi-like headphones to review here, as I actively have been using my Pistons the last year, and as these...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 733
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think you 650 lovers have convinced me to jump in!
Forgive me for asking but this is a long thread that I want to dive into but I really can't wait to ask. Everyone talks about how great the 650's respond to upgrades and I am into that. But for travel, how will they sound with a modest amp such as the JDS o2?
I think you 650 lovers have convinced me to jump in!
Don't know the JDS o2, but I used to use mine with a Sony Bean portable mp3 player, and I thought it sounded good enough. It doesn't take much to get good volume out of it.
I have done a lot of research on the HD-600 and HD-650. I will tell you that your head band stretching technique is a long haul. The clamping force on the HD600-650 is well known or somewhat notorious. Since the head band is plastic...stretching it like you do isn't as effective as bending the metal side pieces that connect the plastic band to the ear cups. Best technique is to fully extend the headband....and bend the metal connecting side pieces right near the cup....just a little bit...one side at a time...not where the metal pieces enter the band where the metal parts push inside the band for adjustment. Hope that makes sense.
Some even disassemble the metal pieces to bend them but typically not necessary...they are easy to remove from the plastic band.
In the event your stretching technique is ineffective, I wanted to provide you another strategy to enjoy your great headphones.
I have been very happy with the HD650s I got them about a month ago. The only problem was that they clamped a bit too firmly on my out-sized noggin. I've read a number of posts about using the "kleenex" box method to widen the 650s. I decided to try a different route, using a DVD case. The advantage is that the cushions don't get compressed. Any standard DVD case should work; Blu-Ray cases are too short. Notice that the case is just above the ear pieces. It took about a week, leaving the case in overnight. Any way, fwiw.
Edited by 2wheelfan - 2/23/13 at 4:04pm
The O2 is transparent and has much more than enough power to drive the HD-650 very loud. It will reveal the limitations of your source equipment and recordings. I find the '650 to be quite polite, and the O2 goes great with them.
The idea of the 650 'scaling with better gear' is an absurd myth. Like any headphones or speakers, all it needs from an amp are proper measurements and sufficient power. The 02 delivers both. There is no magic involved.
I beg to differ.
I think some random guy made that up..that the HD-650 scales with $1000 amps and DACs etc. Just like the K400 won't work with any solid state amp due to lack of power(!).
I kind of think what they meant is that the HD-650 scales up with higher quality gear and not so much all this expensive nonsense. Like going from an E5 to an ODAC/Lyr/WA22 etc etc
Some expensive gear still sounds like crap I imagine.
When I hear someone say "scales up" I'm always thinking of that moron who claims the HD-650 is only good with $2000+ amps etc. I'm sure they're out there. I could believe that for the HD-800 at least. I know that requires at least a Fiio E1.
I have to admit the HD-650 DOES respond better with gear changes than my HD-598 and HD-600, but about the same as my DJ100 and Q701.
Oh and don't forget the HD-598 "scales up" but only with a $2000 amp. Without spending $2000 there is ZERO change. Trust me, i've tried!
NOTE: I totally believe that with the HD-650 every single thing it's connected to is important. Even things related to power from my wall! My surge protector degrades audio. Old house I guess...
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › WOO-HOOOO... WA7 "fireflies"!!! 5 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD598 or Grado SR225e 5 seconds ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 31 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 51 seconds ago
- › Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor UERM for reshell 1 minute ago
- › The All new FiiO X1, 192K/24B, PCM5142 DAC and 100mW output with LO... 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Three Word Story 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 1 minute ago
- › Arizona Head-Fi Meet Summer 2015 2 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Wyd4
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by DisCHORDDubstep
- › PonoMusic PonoPlayer by piksnz
- › EarTech Music Dual Driver Custom Molded In Ear Musician Monitors... by acain
- › PSB M4U 1 by prez
- › 1 More Design Piston Crystal by banjoanton
- › Schiit Magni 2 by Willy 2 Streams
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by tomscy2000
- › Master & Dynamic MH30 On Ear Headphone - Black by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic ME03 In Ear Headphone by twister6
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3