lol I like the your meme joebobbilly
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Are the Sennheiser HD650's worth another $100? Last post on 9/17/14 at 4:35pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Senn HD650 as complimantry for Hifiman HE-500? Last post on 9/15/14 at 8:16pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Replacing HD-650's with IEM's for travelling Last post on 9/10/14 at 3:55pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- On-ear, open headphones? Last post on 9/5/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- HD650s and Fast Music. Last post on 9/2/14 at 4:39pm in Headphones (full-size)
This is my first DAP. I bought it in August with pre-installed 2.1 firmware and I have to say I am positively surprised how great this player sounds. I honestly can not compare it with other DAPs...
i just bought an Asus Vulcan pro gaming headset on a whim and I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised so I thought id share my experience. Now let me qualify this, I'm not saying they have the same...
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 715
Gear mentioned in this thread:
LOL relax guys... we all know they have a tendency to exaggerate their Schiit. Just read the other product descriptions they have and you should already have a good idea of what they really mean. Hold off the judgement till imackler gives us a thorough review (which i'm sure he'd love to do eh? eh?)
Schiit Audio markets their products like Stone Brewing markets their beer, and it doesn't mean they aren't being truthful. It's one of the reasons we love 'em.
Having owned the HD650 for about a couple of weeks, other than the stock cable, does anyone have any noteworthy experiences to share with aftermarket cables?
I know that the Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable does boost the audio signal by about 6db on my CIEMs -- does it or any other cable enhance your love of the HD650?
I have two reviews in my sig line....
Sure, that's Schiit-speak, which is to be expected.
You said there's no reasonable chance for that being true. Again, I'm wondering if you're even aware of what changes were made for Asgard 2.
Edited by paradoxper - 2/11/13 at 10:06pm
Just got an itch to put on my HD650's again. Haven't listened to them much since my preorder of the HD800's when they were released, only now and then. I had forgotten how much i like these with my original set up for them. They have Zu mobius recable, which were the top silver cable at one point and i a m running them thru a Eddie Current Zana Duex amp with a Brimar tube driving it and a rebuilt/overbuilt Digital link dac and a Diverter usb converter. Man it just sounds so lush and incredible to me. Guess it is just the sound i was craving right now. Gotta get these back in rotation.
Do you understand the changes then?
And Schiit uses the Stanford Research SR1 audio analyzer on the objective side of things.
I do not understand what you mean, sorry.
LOL, yes I understand muxamed's point... I think he's just taking Jason's words too literally. Yes, orders of magnitude indicate that it'd be, for example, several powers of 10. Since detail retrieval is difficult to measure in a quantifiable manner, then it is difficult to validate the claim of "several orders of magnitude".
I don't really care, but here's a brief breakdown of what I believe muxamed's hangup is with the wording Jason used in a private correspondence:
Several orders of magnitude would equate to between three and five orders of magnitude. The exact phrasing of the quote indicates (if taken literally) that Jason feels the detail retrieval is 1,000-100,000 times better in the Asgard 2 than the original Asgard. Within the full spectrum of audio reproduction, some would argue that there aren't "several orders of magnitude" between the detail retrieval of an iPod compared to a Clearaudio Statement (much less one iteration of one product to the next).
So yeah, back on topic - Not that they occupy a majority of my head time, but I've really enjoyed the HD650 lately on the Liquid Glass when I've got the Siemens E288CC in the amp. Seems like a slightly brighter tube can be beneficial. Conversely, I can't stand the HE-6 with the E288CC's; it's way too bright.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › marital discord! need headphones 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster new series Z, Zx & ZxR 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › DT 880 vs. DT 990 for classical music 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1, the first high-res DAP for the young ! 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Pan Am Stack with Tubes 5 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Pan Am Stack with Tubes 6 minutes ago
- › Introduction of FiiO newest PCOCC-A headphone cables--... 6 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Couple of 6ak5/6hm5 tubes 7 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90 Portable Digital Audio Player by marhol
- › ASUS Vulcan ANC Circumaural Pro Gaming Headset by robthebiggerman
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)