lol I like the your meme joebobbilly
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Headphone Results With The Pono (or other DAPs) Last post on 2/25/15 at 4:23am in Headphones (full-size)
- Flattest, Most Neutral IEMs For Recording, Mixing, and Mastering Last post on 2/19/15 at 11:24am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 vs AKG K7XX Last post on 3/1/15 at 12:08pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Sennheiser HD650 Sub Bass Last post on 3/2/15 at 4:19am in Headphones (full-size)
- Something as comfy as Sennheiser's but with more bass? Last post on Yesterday at 8:38 am in Headphones (full-size)
I realize it is a bit of apples vs oranges, but I will compare these to the Sennheiser HD 600 sound, since I sometimes use those to mix recordings with, and many know their sound. Assuming good...
My Amazon Review: I've owned many pieces of high end home audio over the years. Brands like Dali, Audio Research, Krell, Melos, and others. I expect a lot from my gear. In this case, one of the...
About me: I am not an audiology, sound expert or anything professional about audio of short. I am simply just a consumer with a lot of love for musics for years....I purchased this pair, and Would...
Before the Lyr 2 I owned two hybrid headphone amplifiers: the Hifiman EF2A, and the Maverick Audio A1. What both those entry level amplifiers lacked was the power and sonic dynamics to drive my...
I've spent about a month with Cayin N6 DAP, and I'd like to share my thoughts about it. There is few really great reviews of this DAP, so I won't repeat them again, describing it's box,...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 715
Gear mentioned in this thread:
LOL relax guys... we all know they have a tendency to exaggerate their Schiit. Just read the other product descriptions they have and you should already have a good idea of what they really mean. Hold off the judgement till imackler gives us a thorough review (which i'm sure he'd love to do eh? eh?)
Schiit Audio markets their products like Stone Brewing markets their beer, and it doesn't mean they aren't being truthful. It's one of the reasons we love 'em.
Having owned the HD650 for about a couple of weeks, other than the stock cable, does anyone have any noteworthy experiences to share with aftermarket cables?
I know that the Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable does boost the audio signal by about 6db on my CIEMs -- does it or any other cable enhance your love of the HD650?
I have two reviews in my sig line....
Sure, that's Schiit-speak, which is to be expected.
You said there's no reasonable chance for that being true. Again, I'm wondering if you're even aware of what changes were made for Asgard 2.
Edited by paradoxper - 2/11/13 at 10:06pm
Just got an itch to put on my HD650's again. Haven't listened to them much since my preorder of the HD800's when they were released, only now and then. I had forgotten how much i like these with my original set up for them. They have Zu mobius recable, which were the top silver cable at one point and i a m running them thru a Eddie Current Zana Duex amp with a Brimar tube driving it and a rebuilt/overbuilt Digital link dac and a Diverter usb converter. Man it just sounds so lush and incredible to me. Guess it is just the sound i was craving right now. Gotta get these back in rotation.
Do you understand the changes then?
And Schiit uses the Stanford Research SR1 audio analyzer on the objective side of things.
I do not understand what you mean, sorry.
LOL, yes I understand muxamed's point... I think he's just taking Jason's words too literally. Yes, orders of magnitude indicate that it'd be, for example, several powers of 10. Since detail retrieval is difficult to measure in a quantifiable manner, then it is difficult to validate the claim of "several orders of magnitude".
I don't really care, but here's a brief breakdown of what I believe muxamed's hangup is with the wording Jason used in a private correspondence:
Several orders of magnitude would equate to between three and five orders of magnitude. The exact phrasing of the quote indicates (if taken literally) that Jason feels the detail retrieval is 1,000-100,000 times better in the Asgard 2 than the original Asgard. Within the full spectrum of audio reproduction, some would argue that there aren't "several orders of magnitude" between the detail retrieval of an iPod compared to a Clearaudio Statement (much less one iteration of one product to the next).
So yeah, back on topic - Not that they occupy a majority of my head time, but I've really enjoyed the HD650 lately on the Liquid Glass when I've got the Siemens E288CC in the amp. Seems like a slightly brighter tube can be beneficial. Conversely, I can't stand the HE-6 with the E288CC's; it's way too bright.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 28 seconds ago
- › FS: iBasso DX50 33 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 4 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 4 minutes ago
- › DITA Audio The Answer 5 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 6 minutes ago
- › hd25-1 appreciation thread 6 minutes ago
- › Fiio x5 like new boxed for sale UK/Eu 7 minutes ago
- › Fiio x5 like new boxed for sale UK/Eu 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Zobel
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1+ Bluethooth Wireless Headphones by Deckardk
- › JVC KENWOOD In-Ear Headphones HA-FX750 by Whitigir
- › Schiit Lyr 2 by bpandbass
- › Cayin N6 PCM1792A chip DSD lossless music player by cleg
- › OSTRY KC06A Hi-Fi In-Ear High Performance Earphones Headphones by xsuper
- › Brainwavz Delta by vaziyetu
- › JVC Kenwood Victer Stereo Headphones Ha-sz1000 by Hawaiibadboy
- › MEElectronics M9 Classic Hi-Fi Noise-Isolating In-Ear Headphones by pformagg
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H8 by Giogio
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2