There's nothing wrong with being devoted to a hobby if it doesn't impair your work or home life. Keep on truckin', Matt.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Circumaural travel headphones (Alternatives to the PXC450) Last post on 6/24/14 at 12:46pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Can mid-fi be too good? Last post on 6/17/14 at 9:48pm in Headphones (full-size)
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
I built my first ever PC with this sound card, I had already brought a Asus board that has SupremeFX and well the ZxR dethroned the Asus immediately. I have not heard any of the Asus Xonar PCIe...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 712
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Congratulations? Wow, 5,000 posts and he became a member in 2012....does he do anything other than post on this forum, lol? I've been a member since 2006 and have less than 800 posts, and I think i've spent way too much time on this site.
BTW, I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the differences between hd580 and hd650 in terms of resolution, detail, and overall musicality. I listen to mainly Classical with a little Jazz, Bluegrass, and folk - probably 80/20. Liking my hd580 with Soloist but think I could do better with hd650.
I would say that the HD580 and HD600 have a relatively neutral frequency response that is true to the source (if they are amped properly). The HD650 isn't more colored, to my ears, but more refined, with a better lower-midrange presence and better bass impact.
The HD650 is incredible with classical.
^^ Yes, it would be a close call between the hd600 and he500. They both do well with that genre. The he500 will be better with treble extension, attach and decay of notes. But it will cost more, weight more and need a more serious amp to sound it's best. Also the sound stage is a bit better than the hd600.
The hd600 will have a nice balance, have a "smoother" presentation, cost less and is much more comfortable.
I've read you can just take them off, wash them in cold water, and they'll be almost as good as new. I'd probably do it once a year if it were me.
^^^ I give them (all my headphones) a very through wipe down with microfiber cloths after every use, still look/feel like new and no need to remove the pads and really wash them. I learned my lesson from not following this on my M50s a few years back and the pads started flaking and cracking after a few months.
It seems like a lot of people have done it without any damage being done to them. There are a few threads on this:
Maybe if you used Woolite and the the hand wash cycle...
They will, I've done it before. Thrown them in with a load of laundry, let them air dry, and they're good as new.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphones for Electronic/Synth Pop/New wave/ French House? 37 seconds ago
- › Divine Moments in Music 46 seconds ago
- › Any good Soundbars? 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Opamp + adapter for FiiO E12DIY 4 minutes ago
- › Headphone amp for Pioneer AVR? 5 minutes ago
- › Semi-noob needing some advice for moving into speaker territory... 5 minutes ago
- › Is a lossy-lossy conversion process really that degrading in terms... 5 minutes ago
- › New Leckerton UHA-6S MKII Portable Headphone Amplifier Announced... 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)