There's nothing wrong with being devoted to a hobby if it doesn't impair your work or home life. Keep on truckin', Matt.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Recommendations for exciting open back headphones on a budget Last post on 8/12/14 at 4:09pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- WTT - Sennheiser HD650 LNIB and K702 (austrian LNIB) for high end IEMS/Closed over ears Last post on 8/7/14 at 12:38am in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Sennheiser HD-380 pro Setup Question, to-do with current amplification Last post on 6/30/14 at 11:24am in Headphones (full-size)
- Vinyl Flat Can Opener + AudioSource Amp-100 Last post on 7/2/14 at 3:55pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Better Amp, Wa6 or Lyr. Last post on 6/30/14 at 6:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Bought them today for 20€ to use them till i get the bose mie2i and try out how this type of headphone would be like. the sound is okay to watch dvds on you notebook but just muddy if you want...
Bought these when being on vacation the past weeks, since "argl" I missed to pack my in-ears and thought, ok, for 2 weeks on the beach, let's pick the first ones I came across. What I learned now,...
I've owned the Sennheiser Momentum for about a year now. Though it is aesthetically pleasing, and very sturdy overall, I can honestly say that it isn't worth the $300. I enjoyed the mids, which...
Not quite a review but thought I'd quote my recent observations. Quote: Originally Posted by Rob80b Well the K712s showed up, just doing some preliminary comparison with my K701s with the...
First, a big thanks to Todd The Vinyl Junkie for making the 'e' series loaner program possible. To the next guy in line: sorry I kept them for so long. The very first pair of 'high-end'...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 712
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Congratulations? Wow, 5,000 posts and he became a member in 2012....does he do anything other than post on this forum, lol? I've been a member since 2006 and have less than 800 posts, and I think i've spent way too much time on this site.
BTW, I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the differences between hd580 and hd650 in terms of resolution, detail, and overall musicality. I listen to mainly Classical with a little Jazz, Bluegrass, and folk - probably 80/20. Liking my hd580 with Soloist but think I could do better with hd650.
I would say that the HD580 and HD600 have a relatively neutral frequency response that is true to the source (if they are amped properly). The HD650 isn't more colored, to my ears, but more refined, with a better lower-midrange presence and better bass impact.
The HD650 is incredible with classical.
^^ Yes, it would be a close call between the hd600 and he500. They both do well with that genre. The he500 will be better with treble extension, attach and decay of notes. But it will cost more, weight more and need a more serious amp to sound it's best. Also the sound stage is a bit better than the hd600.
The hd600 will have a nice balance, have a "smoother" presentation, cost less and is much more comfortable.
I've read you can just take them off, wash them in cold water, and they'll be almost as good as new. I'd probably do it once a year if it were me.
^^^ I give them (all my headphones) a very through wipe down with microfiber cloths after every use, still look/feel like new and no need to remove the pads and really wash them. I learned my lesson from not following this on my M50s a few years back and the pads started flaking and cracking after a few months.
It seems like a lot of people have done it without any damage being done to them. There are a few threads on this:
Maybe if you used Woolite and the the hand wash cycle...
They will, I've done it before. Thrown them in with a load of laundry, let them air dry, and they're good as new.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 17 seconds ago
- › Double Helix Cables Appreciation Thread 30 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › Shaving, gents 2 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica updates their open headphones "AD" Series: AD2000x,... 2 minutes ago
- › Aune T1 USB Tube DAC+Amp Discussion Thread ***See first post for... 2 minutes ago
- › Getting back in the game 3 minutes ago
- › 2 days in Tokyo - looking for HighEnd HiFi shops 3 minutes ago
- › Philips SHB7000 surprised me today! 3 minutes ago
- › Westone W60 Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › AKG K712 Pro by Rob80b
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › ATH-ESW10JPN by bluelines
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M40x Professional Headphones by krishtrinity1
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by subwoof3r
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by lin0003
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)