There's nothing wrong with being devoted to a hobby if it doesn't impair your work or home life. Keep on truckin', Matt.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- HD650 on sale Last post on 11/20/14 at 3:43pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD600 for trade with HD650 or something else. Last post on 11/11/14 at 2:01pm in Headphones for Sale / Trade
- Looking for a close and portable version of HD 650 Last post on Yesterday at 9:40 am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Sennheiser HD650 and AKG K712 Last post on 11/19/14 at 9:06am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser Orpheus HE60 Pads for the HD650? Last post on 11/10/14 at 4:53pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 11/21/14
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread - Page 712
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Congratulations? Wow, 5,000 posts and he became a member in 2012....does he do anything other than post on this forum, lol? I've been a member since 2006 and have less than 800 posts, and I think i've spent way too much time on this site.
BTW, I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the differences between hd580 and hd650 in terms of resolution, detail, and overall musicality. I listen to mainly Classical with a little Jazz, Bluegrass, and folk - probably 80/20. Liking my hd580 with Soloist but think I could do better with hd650.
I would say that the HD580 and HD600 have a relatively neutral frequency response that is true to the source (if they are amped properly). The HD650 isn't more colored, to my ears, but more refined, with a better lower-midrange presence and better bass impact.
The HD650 is incredible with classical.
^^ Yes, it would be a close call between the hd600 and he500. They both do well with that genre. The he500 will be better with treble extension, attach and decay of notes. But it will cost more, weight more and need a more serious amp to sound it's best. Also the sound stage is a bit better than the hd600.
The hd600 will have a nice balance, have a "smoother" presentation, cost less and is much more comfortable.
I've read you can just take them off, wash them in cold water, and they'll be almost as good as new. I'd probably do it once a year if it were me.
^^^ I give them (all my headphones) a very through wipe down with microfiber cloths after every use, still look/feel like new and no need to remove the pads and really wash them. I learned my lesson from not following this on my M50s a few years back and the pads started flaking and cracking after a few months.
It seems like a lot of people have done it without any damage being done to them. There are a few threads on this:
Maybe if you used Woolite and the the hand wash cycle...
They will, I've done it before. Thrown them in with a load of laundry, let them air dry, and they're good as new.
- Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › AudioValve RKV-II (OTL amp) (2014 version) + AudioValve Box... 1 minute ago
- › Sony's new flagship 2014 - MDR-Z7 1 minute ago
- › New Dac/Amp or just DAC for HD598s 4 minutes ago
- › fs lnib nad hp50 worldwide eur200 paypal 5 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Does anyone have experience with the Kef LS50? 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Beyerdynamic T1 Impressions and Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II 8 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)