Asus xonar phoebus, I've Plugged my Graham Slee amp in also, Makes no difference really to the quality.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Comparable to a HE-400 Last post on 12/15/13 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best affordable Amp/Dac for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on Yesterday at 8:13 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 amp/dac advice Last post on 12/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Suggestions from NFB-12 Last post on 12/15/13 at 3:42pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Amp and DAC Last post on 12/11/13 at 5:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 628
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Want to send it to someone on here to help them get the HD650. Only requirement is you PM me the order confirm so I can see it went to good use. Same as before.
Never thought I'd see the day that it would be this hard to give something away
I want to convey my opinion on my HD650 I got just a week back. I have read all the reviews criticism and everything and tested my cans
through all kind of music. I do not have a expensive setup but I have customised it to deliver the best.
My setup on my mac-> FLAC/mp3(320kbps) -> Audinirvana -> Audio Hijack Pro (Add a Lowshelf Filter to amplify the lower frequencies which will improve the bass)
-> Fiio E7(will replace by E10) -> E9 (high gain mode) -> HD650
And i would say I am more than satisfied by the sound production of HD650. Clarity and authenticity of sound signature of different instruments are wonderful.
If I am not satisfied with the bass of some tracks I will notch up the Lowshelf Filter a lil to improve. Other than that I have no complains whatsoever. With future
upgrades I am excited that sound will improve further.
Amp question for the HD650.
How does the Little Dot MkIII compare to other tube amps like the Schiit Lyr, ALO Pan Am, Woo Audio WA3, etc?
I am using the Little Dot MkIII at the moment, however, a lot of ppl seem to give high praises to the Lyr/HD650 pairing. For those who have tried different amps, is the Little Dot MkIII comparable to the Schiit Lyr, or are they totally in different leagues?
I have $500 to spend on my headphone setup, so just wondering if I should upgrade my amp or DAC (HRT MSII). For the DAC, I'll probably make a decision after I spend sometime comparing between the HRT MSII, DragonFly and Rega DAC I have at home to see if different DACs do make a difference for the HD650.
IMO opinion always upgrade in this order: hp>amp>dac. So I wouldn't worry too much about the dac unless you are having jitter or playback issues. I have owned several of the LD amps and the lyr is much better to my ears. I have not owned any of the others that you mention although I hear that the Woo stuff is very nice. The lyr has curbed my appetite to get newer amps. It's just a beast of a pairing.
Thanks MattTCG. Might have to get myself to a Schiit dealer here in Oz to listen to the Lyr.
At the moment, I'm comparing the 3 DACs I have, DragonFly, HRT MSII, and Rega DAC. And on the Rega DAC, my headphone setup has not sounded better. The HD650 do indeed scale up depending on the source. Unfortunately, the Rega DAC can't stay with the headphone setup as it is needed in the main system.
It is a sweet gesture for sure, but not everybody has $500 to spend on a whim like that. Especially this close to the holidays.
Edited by dxanex - 12/13/12 at 5:33am
- Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 1 minute ago
- › measurements are models 1 minute ago
- › closed headset for movies and gaming 3 minutes ago
- › Linux users unite! 4 minutes ago
- › Do audiophiles "like" music? 5 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800... 7 minutes ago
- › Apex Glacier amp/dac review and appreciation thread 9 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 10 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital