Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Need Open Headphones that will beat Sennheiser HD380 out of the water. Budget $700+ Last post on Today at 11:45 am in Headphones (full-size)
- Trying to narrow X-Mas list (DT880 vs. HE400 vs. HD650) Last post on Today at 7:34 am in Headphones (full-size)
- how is the bass... HD650 vs. AKG k545? Last post on 12/1/13 at 11:50am in Headphones (full-size)
- bought senn HD650, fit too tight, but liked the bass...now looking... Last post on 11/30/13 at 7:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Whats are some of the best headphone's for serious music production that can run off my... Last post on 12/1/13 at 5:55pm in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Yesterday
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
http://www.head-fi.org/t/685339/new-akg-flagship-k812-first-impression/120#post_10026763 Now I correct the Google translate - I use http://www.dict.cc/ and my (small) knowledge of English I hope...
Sounds great with the modded AKG Q701. Nearly as good with that as my main amp that originally cost $350. Impressive! In fact, the Vali added nothing to the sound of the modded Q701, which is...
*I listened to the Westone 4Rs using iPhone 4S and the latest iPod Classic (6th Generation). The below sums up my listening experience from these sources only.* The Westone 4Rs fit my ears...
I have owned the ECP Audio L-2 for about 2 months now. I also own an Eddie Current Super 7 with NOS tubes, including Tung Sol BGRP driver tube. I have previously owned the Woo WA22, the Luxman...
I'm a noob to high quality audio equipment. I have been using V-Moda M-80's. I bought these because they were onsale for $272, and it would be stupid not to buy them at that price. I just opened...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 616
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Take two. If jessica Fill in blank were asking about a portable over ear, would you call the momentum the "little brother" of the hd650?
Honestly its the first i have seen it referred to like that. Just curious if anyone with the 650 have tried it.
Are you still running the e17 as a DAC for your main setup? I'm currently on the e17/e09k setup. It's solid (no pun intended), but I'm considering the upgrade to the Lyr, but hoping that i might not have to drop the large dough for the bifrost. I figure changing the e09k to the Lyr would be more cost effective than changing from e17 to the Bifrost?
You can do what I do is get a fiio L7 (its pretty cheap) which will give you a line-out (lo-bypass switch on the side needs to be set) and use it as a DAC with the lyr until you can afford a bifrost.
I would have offer another opinion here. I owned the he500 and now own the hd650. They have a different presentation so it depends on what you are after. The he500 have some of the best mids in it's price range, but actually I prefer the mids of the 650. The he500 is technically better but I found myself reaching for the 650 time and time again until I sold the he500.
Please understand that the he500 is a great hp. I really do love the planar sound. But if I were going for an open planar, I'd pick the he400 as it adds better bass response and is very close to the he500. The other issue with the he500 is the weight. It's heavy...at least for me. The 650 is about a third of the weight and infinitely more comfortable.
Couldn't agree more!
- Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Yamaha EPH-100 21 seconds ago
- › NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!! 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Frequencies, Hertz-es, Ohm-ses..tired of them ? Visit the FUN... 2 minutes ago
- › SkullCandy Gaming PLYR 1 Wireless Mic Headset 3 minutes ago
- › ATH M50 Gaming Performance question. 4 minutes ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 6 minutes ago
- › [COMPARISON / REVIEW] The Quads: Westone W4R vs. Logitech UE 900... 7 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › FiiO RC-MH1 Headphone Upgrade Cable by SkyBleu
- › Sennheiser CX 175 by thesurvivor90
- › EarSonics SM2 v2 by Gilly87
- › Shure SE535-V Triple High-Definition MicroDriver Earphone with... by Wilderbeast
- › Sony MDRXB600 Extra Bass Over the Head 40mm Driver Headphone, Black by Shini44
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Wireless... by joe