Ohhh... I see. I thought it was some thing where you actually literally roll tubes to make them work or something. LOL!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/18/14 at 7:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphones for listening to music (under £150) ? Last post on 4/9/14 at 4:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Friend is giving me his KRK Rokit 6's and I need advice on how to connect them to my macbook... Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Best i-Device portable DAC ever listened to, very neutral and smooth like from a desktop DAC. Currently using it with my iPod touch 5 (Yes, it's support lightinig connector). I will prefer filter...
The entire Sony xba line is gorgeous: very sensitive and well executed lines, comfortable despite size, flat cable, nice case, a 90'plug. The first time I tried the Xba3 the sound wasn't...
I purchased this on Amazon from a vendor that had a combined listing for the older model and newer E07 Andes. So I received the new model at the old model price and saved about $20. So that was...
These earphones are slightly overpriced compared to some competitive earphones. I think. I love the over-ear construction and the isolation is superb. The sound quality is impressive and...
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 604
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Don't have any free money right now, in debt so I have like -$170 spending money lol. But I have a camera up for sale on eBay for $400 OBO (Nikon D3000 with lens and stuff) so hopefully that sells sometime in the near future. BTW I oughta go post that in the classifieds on here too!
The guy who's doing the "project" in the thread posted earlier seemed to have good results, the volume knob is just at like 9oclock, I doubt it'd be an issue. What would be the problem?
(didn't multi quote because they were like pages apart)
Oh God. The Sennheiser HD-650's sound amazing. I'm pairing them with the Matrix M-Stage, and at first, I thought I heard the infamous "Sennheiser Veil", but adjusting the gains quickly made it disappear.
They are indeed a bit warm, but its "darkness" kind of makes it an appealing warmth, not an obnoxious or stuffy warmth (like the Grado RS-1's, which sound good at first, but can get tiring after a while). It's just exactly how I'd imagined it from reading everyone's impressions/reviews on the HD-650.
Sorry don't know enough about that line of amp/PSU to comment on it. In fact, I've never tried the PSU change before but i suppose cleaner power should affect sound...? In the end though if you want the best bang for buck, you should probably just save for a better source or higher end amp. =P save your wallet more pain in the long run.
I don't know what family of tubes the Lyr uses, but I use GE 5 Star EF95 tubes in the Darkvoice and of all the EF95 tubes I've tried the GE's are really quite special. Very nice soundstage and warm, smooth mids.
Got my HD650's today! You head-fi'ers had me scared that it would sound horrible, but these produce better sound than anything I have (with no burn in and no amp; just running out of a Zune HD). I'm already hearing details I've never heard before, and I love how the treble has such great resolution without sibilance. I could do with some more sub-bass, but I suspect that these are fully capable of that in a better setup. I was expecting something far too boring and lacking in detail and accuracy based on the HE-400 vs. HD650 comparisons, but I feel no need to try out the Hifimans after hearing these. For now, at least. I can't wait to get them burned in and properly amped up; it sounds like that itself will be a whole new sonic transformation.
Planar headphones like the he-500 and he-600 can be run off the speaker terminals because their power hungry monsters and like a lot of current, dynamic drivers like the hd650's have a max power rating of 500mw any more and you will blow the drivers, its not something i'd like to try with my hd650's, there's also a impedance matching thing going on as speaker amps are matched for 4ohm and 8ohm speakers (mainly).
Edited by fuzzy1969 - 12/1/12 at 2:10am
The hd650 remains my go to headphone for the past several months. The sound signature, incredible comfort and magical pairing with the lyr make it irresistible to me when I get ready to listen to just about any genre of music.
Right now I'm listening to Essential Yo Yo Ma. Makes feel like I'm there.
Where did you find one for that price + free shipping?
Best way is to email brian and ask for a quote. There is a coupon listed on the site that brings it down to $399. But you'll get the best price from an email to him. code=razordog100
The site doesn't list Schiit amplifiers to begin with.
- Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 4 seconds ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 1 minute ago
- › Yulong Sabre D18 thread: reviews, impressions, discussion (full... 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD360 Pro = PX360? 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › shire srh 440 vs ath-m50 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio x5 vs Ibasso dx90 6 minutes ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 6 minutes ago
- › QLS QA360: Another DSD-capable DAP 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MM 450-X Wireless Bluetooth Headphones by Faber65
- › iFi iDAC DAC / headphone Amplifier by Faber65
- › Fostex HP-P1 by Jensenchua
- › Sony XBA-3SL by squallkiercosa
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by originalsnuffy
- › Shure SE535-V Earphone by david8090
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob