I will admit that after having the 650 with the A2, lyr, Vali and a few others that I knew what the 650 was capable of. After the day spent with the crack and 650 I'm happy to report that I truly didn't. The 650 is more enjoyable than I even imagined.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on Yesterday at 7:07 am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphones for listening to music (under £150) ? Last post on 4/9/14 at 4:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Friend is giving me his KRK Rokit 6's and I need advice on how to connect them to my macbook... Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
I've read a lot of diverging comments about these headphones and I think there is a problem. These are non-powered studio monitor headphones. They are not meant to have perfect sound quality, and...
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 1044
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just had a visit at my home by a very respected headfi member. I let him have a listen to the Crack and 650. He went through some of his favorite tracks, sat at moment pondering, and then said that the crack and 650 was one of the best matches he had ever heard and that it was better than the hd800 on many amps he'd heard it paired with. Don't flame me.
He went on to say that the hd800 and a great amp was certainly better but that it takes too much money to chase that combo down. He said he'd prefer to own the crack and 650. When he left we were talking after market crack tubes, crack builders and other mods. I see the crack and 650 in his future.
The HD800 is really fine on crack too if you know what I mean....It's just a great amp with 300ohm HD!
Crack is the best value amp for the HD600/650/800...done.
Edited by parbaked - 2/1/14 at 8:01pm
I'm really looking forward to auditioning the HD 800 on my Crack at the upcoming Charlotte meet. The HD 650 is certified BAD ASS with the Crack/Speedball and even more so with the Tung-Sol 5998. I never put to much stock into tube rolling until I tried it with the 5998, and man, it's definitely noticeable. Like I said in my previous post, I've never heard the bass sound as tight and punchy on the HD 650 on any setup. Mids sweet and silky smooth, soundstage is phenomenal. Fact.
Also can't wait to audition FlySweeps Mazda CIFTE, dude really knows his tubes!
That being said, I'm not quite as impressed with the HD 700 on Crack...I feel that it warms it up a bit too much...slightly too laid back. It's still impeccably detailed, but it somehow loses some of it's addicting bite and energy on the Crack. I prefer it much more on the Darkvoice 3322. I hope I get better results with the HD 800 on the BHC. But either way, the HD 650 and BHC is a combo that will certainly stand the test of time.
Edited by dxanex - 2/1/14 at 8:31pm
I think if you like your 800s, you will probably love them on crack.
If you don't love them, crack may or may not help.
I'm just sayin' if you have 800s and need a cost effective way to make them sound good then crack is worth considering.
But yes, the 650s on crack be fine.
I don't know nothing about 700s...never been there...
Either would be excellent, but if I were choosing between the two I'd go with the HD600.
I know this is somewhat irrelevant, but I did do Note 3 > GoVibe Magnum > HD650 and thought it sounded pretty great. As long as you're hooking it up to a capable setup, it's a fantastic experience. BTW, I'm using Poweramp on my Note 3 for these claims.
Which amp would be the best step-up for the 650's from Vali, when I eventually get an itch to upgrade? BH Crack is the most appealing, but I'm not sure if I can easily find a guy in Finland who can put it together. Are there any noticeable difference between Valhalla and Lyr, or are there any European amps I should consider in similar price range?
The lyr is a good pairing with the 650 IMO. I'll call it an 8 of 10 depending on which tubes are used. I have not heard the Valhalla. I'd encourage you to find a crack builder local though. As far as I'm concerned, the crack is 10/10 with the 650.
- Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphone out and Line out(or DAC out) 56 seconds ago
- › = HIFIMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread (pre-orders up!) = 58 seconds ago
- › Crack;Bottlehead OTL 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Closed headphones for metal 1 minute ago
- › Best closed back headphone for gaming 2 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 3 minutes ago
- › The FitEar CIEM Appreciation/Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Post a picture of your Headphone Rig. 5 minutes ago
- › Portapros or Senn PX-100 7 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob