uzi is partially to blame for my current Crack addiction.... I hope my kit arrives soon. I need my fix, man!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/18/14 at 7:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphones for listening to music (under £150) ? Last post on 4/9/14 at 4:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Friend is giving me his KRK Rokit 6's and I need advice on how to connect them to my macbook... Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Have had these for 3 months after losing a pair of Pioneer HDJ 500s. Preferred the look and build quality of the Pioneers, but the Sonys look ok and fold up nicely. The HDJ 500s didn't fold, but...
I think some of the reviews above have missed the real point of the i-20 for audiophiles, it provides an excellent spdif output from an iPod. Used with an external DAC the sound is excellent and...
Thanks to slwiser, Spidermeng and Woody469 for some of the pictures used in this video.
This is the first item that dragged me into the world of audiophile, having started as noob with this great cans I must say that Shure SE215 Special Edition is cans for everybody, all things...
below is a review of of the v-moda xs! check out my channel(like and subscribe) recently uploaded a review and comparison with the v-moda m100s
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 879
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Uzi partially to blame for mine... Uzi! We need some expaining done!
Checking in. Just got mine today, running them off the E7/E9 combo, coming off the 598s. Listening to Aja and Random Access Memories, there's just a lushness to the mids that the 598s can't reproduce. The soundstage isn't quite as spacious or airy but it feels more cohesive. Looking forward to picking up the Lyr in a month or two. Is that still the primo combo for these babies?
Lyr or Bottlehead Crack + Speedball.
I just paired my HD 650 with SAA equinox cables...one word - WOW - is it placebo? I dunno, when I listened with stock cable, I was like mmmm, good....now it's WOW!.. if it is placebo, it's working and I like the length(6ft) and way the cable feels and flexes too. Stock was too long and stiff, bleh!
Note - I'm only running on a Ipod Touch 3G with E17 - 320k files
Edited by khomanie - 7/31/13 at 1:57pm
Well I have a two channel speaker system and the sound does not seem
to come from the speakers. They disappear. I have a pair of Grado SR80's
and a pair of modded Fostex t50rp's and the sound clearly comes from the
headphones. I am looking for headphones that don't get in the way of the music.
I know that my headphones a entry level at best, and I am looking to upgrade.
I have been looking to find out all I can about the HD650's and the 600's. Short
of buying them I have to ask questions. Hope this explains my question.
Ah, your original question does make perfect sense in that context!
It's a tough question to answer, especially as I rather enjoy the 'directness' that comes from cans and indeed IEMs. I enjoy being placed 'near the front row', as it were.
I will say, though, that the 650s are a bit more 'direct' than, say, the 598s which seemed to have a bit more air to the soundstage. I think perhaps the most important element for losing oneself in the musical space is comfort and the 650s have a slightly tighter clamp than the 598s which are virtually unnoticeable, to the point of being slightly loose!
I guess I'll never be perfectly happy :)
- Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Looking to upgrade 6 seconds ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 6 seconds ago
- › Fostex TH600 Dynamic Headphones 42 seconds ago
- › Looking for decent cans under $300(help wanted) 1 minute ago
- › Chord Hugo 1 minute ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 + Apuresound cable and XLR to TRS adaptor still under... 3 minutes ago
- › Choosing between philips fidelio x1 and Q701 headpohones 3 minutes ago
- › Misleading recommendations on HE-400? 4 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-V55/BR DJ style Headphones by Vero Golf Champ
- › Pure i20 iPod Dock by Gruffnutz
- › Astell & Kern AK240 by Currawong
- › Shure SE215 Special Edition by TherryK13
- › V-MODA XS by Tom22
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob