I'm quite happy with the velour pads (dislike the heat and moisture from leather), and I keep a spare set because they gradually flatten, causing sound to fatten in the bass. A wash and fluff can bring back some of that compressed thickness.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Comparable to a HE-400 Last post on 12/15/13 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best affordable Amp/Dac for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on Today at 10:20 am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 amp/dac advice Last post on 12/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Suggestions from NFB-12 Last post on 12/15/13 at 3:42pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Amp and DAC Last post on 12/11/13 at 5:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Intro This was my first real pair of headphones, and they satisfied me for two years. So it is only fitting that my first headphone review be on these awesome headphones. The HD598s are a great...
Introduction First I want to start with an "I'm sorry" because I took so long to write this and to top it off, I feel as if the review was a "waste of time" because, well, I don't see it as very...
This is a review of the Noble 8c, an eight drivers 4 ways ciems. You could check the specs on the noble web site. Please be kind in your critics, as this is my first review ever, and that English...
Porta Pros simply made the biggest difference for me when listening to music as I have switched from some low-end sony in-ear to them and suddenly when playing the same song music became more rich...
From the moment Charles told me about the new project that he was working on, “Project Palaios”, I was intrigued. A wooden amp? That’s certainly not what you hear everyday and from the pictures...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 852
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Is the part number H50635? I normally get my replacement Senn part from BH photo.
Hot water? Might shrink something. Use warm water. And without any soap or what not, you are you gonna wash out the grease and skin particles? In that case don't even wash them at all.
I think senn actually recommends shampoo.
Edited by ev13wt - 7/1/13 at 1:46pm
After thoroughly sitting down with my newly acquired pairs of HD 600 and HD 650, I have concluded I will be keeping the HD 650...though I'm going to try and formulate some type of review and comparison for both...meaning I'll be holding on to the HD 600 a bit longer. Reviews of these are probably tired and old, now, but I enjoy the HD 650s mainly for a lot of heavier genres (hardcore, metal, etc) and even rap, hip hop, and EDM proves to be satisfying.
One Way to Wash:
Pull pad off gently, grasping about 1/3 of the pad at once and gently pulling away.
Use a soap that doesn't have additives but does lather up a bit, like Method Sweet Water.
Hold it with "face side" down, so that flow carries out skin oils and salt.
Massage soapy water through it by squeezing it from outside-inside (perpendicular to pressure when wearing).
Same when rinsing.
Squeeze to drip dry state.
Don't force too hard in case the foam is already starting to break down.
Put them face-up on something like a window screen (spatter guard for skillet, or pizza grate), and dry with a fan.
Search for "HD 650" (no quotes) from this page:
And add the pad pair to your cart:
Ear cushion, pair.
The price is about the same if you include shipping.
But at Sennheiser, add this adapter (found using the same search) to your cart to qualify for free shipping above $50 (They are out of them so you won't have to pay the part or the shipping!)
|Plug adapter||Part# 092595|
Adapter, 6.5mm female to 3.5mm stereo phone plug
Edited by Stoney - 7/1/13 at 10:11pm
These 2 parts come to $100 in Australia, and they call this the lucky country.
- Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Headphone I bought sounds different to I store model. 33 seconds ago
- › Tyl, Measurements, AKG k812, and what really matters when assessing... 1 minute ago
- › D marc0's Journal: My Head-fi Journey, All For The Love of Music... 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K550 Appreciation/Discussion Thread! 1 minute ago
- › HRT Music Streamer II vs Schiit Modi vs Aune T1 1 minute ago
- › FiiO X5 preview world tour--application 20-26 December 2013 2 minutes ago
- › Help buying $200-$300 Headphone. 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for new Full Sized headphones 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Ibasso D42 Mamba! 4 minutes ago
- › Best IEMs for $350 or so ? 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Noble Audio 8C by John0405
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by cipurian
- › Project Palaios: Iona by lin0003
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by getclikinagas
- › JAYS T00093 a-JAYS Five Earphones for Android - Black by mark2410
- › Beats Pro Over-Ear Headphone (White) by DigitalGrounder
- › AMB Laboratories γ2 (Gamma2) by JustinBieber
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by kmaenpaa
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital