^^ You didn't notice they now have a matte TCG edition?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/18/14 at 7:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphones for listening to music (under £150) ? Last post on 4/9/14 at 4:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Friend is giving me his KRK Rokit 6's and I need advice on how to connect them to my macbook... Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
There are many great headphones in this SUB-$150 category , I have a good amount of headphones in the range and have tried a good enough of them to know what to expect in this category The...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 798
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Grados are completly modded from top to bottom, some even change the drivers, the earpads, the band, even the cups. Same goes for the Denon, the cup are modifier, the drivers damped. The Audeze earpards are just glued on, and that must be the most modifier cable headphone on the planet because it's so expensive, people cannot get over the plain looking factory cable.
People even repaint their HD800, which is awesome looking by the way.
Meanwhile the HD650 is so good, people don't mod it. Maybe one has tried to remove this foam and that, but stock sounds better.
Stock eapads are the best, and so durable. Headband is comfortable and classy.
Yeah the finish is kind of 'unique' nor cheap looking or especially top of the line, but it holds up really well to drops and knocks.
The HD650 is just good, and well thought out. Otherwise there would be way more mods for it like there is for every other popular headphones.
The headband of my hd650 started to flake after 2 years.
The headband, not the earpads nor the clothy part under the plastic part of the headband. The headband does have a tendency to flake after a while. I suspect mine is due to my large noggin.
He means the paint in the head band. Mine flaked as well after a couple of years.
Loving my 650s and Valhalla (driver foam mod and my own cable also).
Edited by HiFi1972 - 4/27/13 at 11:11pm
Do you guys who have flaking headbands use a headphone stand?
I don't have one yet but i rest my headphones on top of a large piece of packing foam. It was meant to be temporary but i never got around to buying a proper stand.
I don't have a stand, and like you, I hadn't gotten around to do so. I remember reading in this thread that those who use headphone stands tend to have less flaking.
I never used a stand. I mostly stored mine in their box.
- Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 38 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW Zero Audio Doppios! pg1197 !!.KEF... 1 minute ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › beyerdynamic is looking for testers who want to check-out our new... 2 minutes ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 3 minutes ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 3 minutes ago
- › Electronic Music Exchange (House, DnB, Dubstep, etc.) 5 minutes ago
- › THE best female vocals? (your favorite female singers) 5 minutes ago
- › The NEW JVC FX850..Woodie perfection?. (A review) 6 minutes ago
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude