^^ You didn't notice they now have a matte TCG edition?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Best headphones for listening to music (under £150) ? Last post on 4/9/14 at 4:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Friend is giving me his KRK Rokit 6's and I need advice on how to connect them to my macbook... Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Which $500-$1000 headphone gives biggest slam on "Sk8er Boi"? Last post on 3/26/14 at 9:24am in Headphones (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
I was on the hunt for a well-made copper cable to complement my stock and third party cables for my Fitear IEMs when I came across Forza Audioworks. Good quality wire, ergonomics and aesthetics...
Edit1: Supposedly you have to burn this in for a while and you have to leave it on constantly to warm up or whatever according to the manual, but I wrote the review below after only about an hour...
The best phones I've tried so far. I tried some well-burnt-in beyerdynamic and others in similar price range in a store, and I have owned the 601 before. I also own closed cans, e.g. the K271, and...
First of all, a big THANK YOU to @svyr and @H20Fidelity for organising this Australian tour. It is much appreciated, and my humble ears are feeling so incredibly honoured to be included in this...
For several years now, Astrotec has been a name familiar to enthusiasts as a manufacturer of value-conscious, yet quality-engineered, balanced armature IEMs. This past year, they began shifting...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 798
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Grados are completly modded from top to bottom, some even change the drivers, the earpads, the band, even the cups. Same goes for the Denon, the cup are modifier, the drivers damped. The Audeze earpards are just glued on, and that must be the most modifier cable headphone on the planet because it's so expensive, people cannot get over the plain looking factory cable.
People even repaint their HD800, which is awesome looking by the way.
Meanwhile the HD650 is so good, people don't mod it. Maybe one has tried to remove this foam and that, but stock sounds better.
Stock eapads are the best, and so durable. Headband is comfortable and classy.
Yeah the finish is kind of 'unique' nor cheap looking or especially top of the line, but it holds up really well to drops and knocks.
The HD650 is just good, and well thought out. Otherwise there would be way more mods for it like there is for every other popular headphones.
The headband of my hd650 started to flake after 2 years.
The headband, not the earpads nor the clothy part under the plastic part of the headband. The headband does have a tendency to flake after a while. I suspect mine is due to my large noggin.
He means the paint in the head band. Mine flaked as well after a couple of years.
Loving my 650s and Valhalla (driver foam mod and my own cable also).
Edited by HiFi1972 - 4/27/13 at 11:11pm
Do you guys who have flaking headbands use a headphone stand?
I don't have one yet but i rest my headphones on top of a large piece of packing foam. It was meant to be temporary but i never got around to buying a proper stand.
I don't have a stand, and like you, I hadn't gotten around to do so. I remember reading in this thread that those who use headphone stands tend to have less flaking.
I never used a stand. I mostly stored mine in their box.
- Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 8 seconds ago
- › Official 2014 SF Head-Fi Meet, July 19, 2014, DoubleTree San... 1 minute ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 3 minutes ago
- › The Basshead Club 4 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 4 minutes ago
- › Recommend an in-ear for audiobooks ONLY 5 minutes ago
- › Vancouver meet anyone? 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 7 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 7 minutes ago
- › Forza Audioworks Copper Series Cable by awry
- › Burson Audio - Conductor SL 9018 - Headphone Amp and DAC by ag8908
- › AKG K701 Studio Headphones by unshavenbastard
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by djvkool
- › Astrotec AX-30 by bowei006
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by Ultramus
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Skullcandy Fix In Ear Headphone With 3 Button Remote - White / Chrome by killeraxemannic
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by KonKossKang
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob