^^ You didn't notice they now have a matte TCG edition?
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Sennheiser's Own Balanced Cables for HD 600/650, HD 700, and HD 800 Available This Week Last post on Today at 9:35 pm in Head-Fi Network & Industry News
- DAC/AMP for HD650 and ATH-M50? Last post on Today at 12:07 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Replacement earpads for HD580 / HD600 / HD650 from Ebay seller from China? Last post on Today at 3:39 pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 Ear Cup Comfort Solutions? Last post on 12/8/13 at 3:25pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD518 + Audinst HUD mini vs Sennheiser HD650 + Audinst HUD mini Last post on Yesterday at 10:50 pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: Today
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
Introduction - The HD 518's are the starter model in the Sennheiser's audiophile range. They are really VFM and a good starter audiophile headphone for people who are looking into going the...
I got these on a pawn shop deal, and wanted some cheap headphones that could deliver for what I was looking for. An all-arounder that provided clarity, good bass, nice treble, and handled all...
Introduction: I still don't know why I keep buying headphones, really! I thought I was done but no, headphones like this one have to pop up on my radar and I'm weak enough that I have to buy...
Comparing these to my Philips L1 and my Beyer T1 they have a lot more mid-bass through midrange and are slightly tilted toward the high. They sound great but quite a bit different sound signature...
DISCLAIMER This review is based on the demo set at Jaben Singapore, which I have demoed extensively no less than 3 times. Though fit is pretty good, but as perfect fit is not achieved, I shall...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 798
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Grados are completly modded from top to bottom, some even change the drivers, the earpads, the band, even the cups. Same goes for the Denon, the cup are modifier, the drivers damped. The Audeze earpards are just glued on, and that must be the most modifier cable headphone on the planet because it's so expensive, people cannot get over the plain looking factory cable.
People even repaint their HD800, which is awesome looking by the way.
Meanwhile the HD650 is so good, people don't mod it. Maybe one has tried to remove this foam and that, but stock sounds better.
Stock eapads are the best, and so durable. Headband is comfortable and classy.
Yeah the finish is kind of 'unique' nor cheap looking or especially top of the line, but it holds up really well to drops and knocks.
The HD650 is just good, and well thought out. Otherwise there would be way more mods for it like there is for every other popular headphones.
The headband of my hd650 started to flake after 2 years.
The headband, not the earpads nor the clothy part under the plastic part of the headband. The headband does have a tendency to flake after a while. I suspect mine is due to my large noggin.
He means the paint in the head band. Mine flaked as well after a couple of years.
Loving my 650s and Valhalla (driver foam mod and my own cable also).
Edited by HiFi1972 - 4/27/13 at 11:11pm
Do you guys who have flaking headbands use a headphone stand?
I don't have one yet but i rest my headphones on top of a large piece of packing foam. It was meant to be temporary but i never got around to buying a proper stand.
I don't have a stand, and like you, I hadn't gotten around to do so. I remember reading in this thread that those who use headphone stands tend to have less flaking.
I never used a stand. I mostly stored mine in their box.
- Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › One Of The Best Bands Americans Ignored... 1 minute ago
- › The Beyerdynamic DT880 Appreciation / Discussion thread 4 minutes ago
- › ULTRASONE NEW ANNOUNCED HEADPHONE Signature Pro 5 minutes ago
- › Over Ear & Open, Seriously Need Help Quick! 5 minutes ago
- › ELE DAC vs MacBook Pro internal DAC - virtually the same SQ? 6 minutes ago
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal! 7 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 9 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by xoriac
- › Roland RH-200 Monitor Headphones by IEMagnet01
- › Perfect Sound d901b by gelocks
- › Sony MDR-7520 Professional Headphones by groovyd
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Joe-Siow
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by kingpage
- › Sony NWZ-A818 8GB by stuartfang
- › M-Audio Studiophile Q40 Closed-back Dynamic Headphones by adevriesc
- › Samson SR950 by adevriesc
- › Yamaha HPH-200 Headphone (Black) by adevriesc
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi