lol I like the your meme joebobbilly
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Comparable to a HE-400 Last post on 12/15/13 at 7:40pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best affordable Amp/Dac for Sennheiser HD650 Last post on Yesterday at 8:13 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 amp/dac advice Last post on 12/13/13 at 7:01pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Upgrade Suggestions from NFB-12 Last post on 12/15/13 at 3:42pm in Dedicated Source Components
- Schiit Amp and DAC Last post on 12/11/13 at 5:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/16/13
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 715
Gear mentioned in this thread:
LOL relax guys... we all know they have a tendency to exaggerate their Schiit. Just read the other product descriptions they have and you should already have a good idea of what they really mean. Hold off the judgement till imackler gives us a thorough review (which i'm sure he'd love to do eh? eh?)
Schiit Audio markets their products like Stone Brewing markets their beer, and it doesn't mean they aren't being truthful. It's one of the reasons we love 'em.
Having owned the HD650 for about a couple of weeks, other than the stock cable, does anyone have any noteworthy experiences to share with aftermarket cables?
I know that the Moon Audio Silver Dragon cable does boost the audio signal by about 6db on my CIEMs -- does it or any other cable enhance your love of the HD650?
I have two reviews in my sig line....
Sure, that's Schiit-speak, which is to be expected.
You said there's no reasonable chance for that being true. Again, I'm wondering if you're even aware of what changes were made for Asgard 2.
Edited by paradoxper - 2/11/13 at 10:06pm
Just got an itch to put on my HD650's again. Haven't listened to them much since my preorder of the HD800's when they were released, only now and then. I had forgotten how much i like these with my original set up for them. They have Zu mobius recable, which were the top silver cable at one point and i a m running them thru a Eddie Current Zana Duex amp with a Brimar tube driving it and a rebuilt/overbuilt Digital link dac and a Diverter usb converter. Man it just sounds so lush and incredible to me. Guess it is just the sound i was craving right now. Gotta get these back in rotation.
Do you understand the changes then?
And Schiit uses the Stanford Research SR1 audio analyzer on the objective side of things.
I do not understand what you mean, sorry.
LOL, yes I understand muxamed's point... I think he's just taking Jason's words too literally. Yes, orders of magnitude indicate that it'd be, for example, several powers of 10. Since detail retrieval is difficult to measure in a quantifiable manner, then it is difficult to validate the claim of "several orders of magnitude".
I don't really care, but here's a brief breakdown of what I believe muxamed's hangup is with the wording Jason used in a private correspondence:
Several orders of magnitude would equate to between three and five orders of magnitude. The exact phrasing of the quote indicates (if taken literally) that Jason feels the detail retrieval is 1,000-100,000 times better in the Asgard 2 than the original Asgard. Within the full spectrum of audio reproduction, some would argue that there aren't "several orders of magnitude" between the detail retrieval of an iPod compared to a Clearaudio Statement (much less one iteration of one product to the next).
So yeah, back on topic - Not that they occupy a majority of my head time, but I've really enjoyed the HD650 lately on the Liquid Glass when I've got the Siemens E288CC in the amp. Seems like a slightly brighter tube can be beneficial. Conversely, I can't stand the HE-6 with the E288CC's; it's way too bright.
- Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 30 seconds ago
- › Astell & Kern AK10 portable DAC and amp 50 seconds ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 1 minute ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.2.6 1 minute ago
- › The Stax Thread III 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 3 minutes ago
- › Fostex HP-P1 Headphone Amp/DAC with Accessories - $295 Very good... 5 minutes ago
- › Millett Minimax Troubleshoot NEED HELP PLEASE 6 minutes ago
- › Fostex TH900 Impressions & Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital