There's nothing wrong with being devoted to a hobby if it doesn't impair your work or home life. Keep on truckin', Matt.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/15/14 at 4:30pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Best headphones for listening to music (under £150) ? Last post on 4/9/14 at 4:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Friend is giving me his KRK Rokit 6's and I need advice on how to connect them to my macbook... Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
The Sennheiser Momentum On Ear is bursting with goodness. Nice looks, sound, and great value to go with it. Now, Let's go straight into it! These look so phenomenal, with all that alcantara...
The Sennheiser PX 360 headphones look good, and are very comfortable, at least to me, but the earcups fit just nicely over my ears. Any smaller and I would not be able to fit these over my ears....
Bass response doesn't bleed to the vocals or any other frequency whatsoever, thin lightweight cable with no microphonics and small plug to connect to portable devices. Some people called...
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 712
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Congratulations? Wow, 5,000 posts and he became a member in 2012....does he do anything other than post on this forum, lol? I've been a member since 2006 and have less than 800 posts, and I think i've spent way too much time on this site.
BTW, I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the differences between hd580 and hd650 in terms of resolution, detail, and overall musicality. I listen to mainly Classical with a little Jazz, Bluegrass, and folk - probably 80/20. Liking my hd580 with Soloist but think I could do better with hd650.
I would say that the HD580 and HD600 have a relatively neutral frequency response that is true to the source (if they are amped properly). The HD650 isn't more colored, to my ears, but more refined, with a better lower-midrange presence and better bass impact.
The HD650 is incredible with classical.
^^ Yes, it would be a close call between the hd600 and he500. They both do well with that genre. The he500 will be better with treble extension, attach and decay of notes. But it will cost more, weight more and need a more serious amp to sound it's best. Also the sound stage is a bit better than the hd600.
The hd600 will have a nice balance, have a "smoother" presentation, cost less and is much more comfortable.
I've read you can just take them off, wash them in cold water, and they'll be almost as good as new. I'd probably do it once a year if it were me.
^^^ I give them (all my headphones) a very through wipe down with microfiber cloths after every use, still look/feel like new and no need to remove the pads and really wash them. I learned my lesson from not following this on my M50s a few years back and the pads started flaking and cracking after a few months.
It seems like a lot of people have done it without any damage being done to them. There are a few threads on this:
Maybe if you used Woolite and the the hand wash cycle...
They will, I've done it before. Thrown them in with a load of laundry, let them air dry, and they're good as new.
- Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 1 minute ago
- › Audiophile cables, an interesting question. 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X3 mod - AD8397 to AD8620 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 3 minutes ago
- › [NEW] Audio Technica CKR series (CKR10, CKR9, CKR7) 3 minutes ago
- › For 6AS7G tube rollers here ..... 3 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 4 minutes ago
- › Westone ES2 (the underappreciated custom) 4 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by LaPierre
- › Noble Audio FR by HideousPride
- › Beyerdynamic DX 160 iE by AManAnd88Keys
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob