There's nothing wrong with being devoted to a hobby if it doesn't impair your work or home life. Keep on truckin', Matt.
Recent Images In This Thread
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 5/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- Looking for COMFORTABLE Audiophile grade headphones Last post on 4/18/14 at 7:07am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Best headphones for listening to music (under £150) ? Last post on 4/9/14 at 4:29pm in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 9:49am in Headphones (full-size)
- getting a good but cheap longer hd-650 cable. Not looking for quality here, just longer cable! Last post on 4/8/14 at 10:21am in Headphones (full-size)
- Friend is giving me his KRK Rokit 6's and I need advice on how to connect them to my macbook... Last post on 4/7/14 at 8:51pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 2/5/14
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)Last edited: 8/19/13
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
- 2013 Head-Fi Summer Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! - Page 712
Gear mentioned in this thread:
Congratulations? Wow, 5,000 posts and he became a member in 2012....does he do anything other than post on this forum, lol? I've been a member since 2006 and have less than 800 posts, and I think i've spent way too much time on this site.
BTW, I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the differences between hd580 and hd650 in terms of resolution, detail, and overall musicality. I listen to mainly Classical with a little Jazz, Bluegrass, and folk - probably 80/20. Liking my hd580 with Soloist but think I could do better with hd650.
I would say that the HD580 and HD600 have a relatively neutral frequency response that is true to the source (if they are amped properly). The HD650 isn't more colored, to my ears, but more refined, with a better lower-midrange presence and better bass impact.
The HD650 is incredible with classical.
^^ Yes, it would be a close call between the hd600 and he500. They both do well with that genre. The he500 will be better with treble extension, attach and decay of notes. But it will cost more, weight more and need a more serious amp to sound it's best. Also the sound stage is a bit better than the hd600.
The hd600 will have a nice balance, have a "smoother" presentation, cost less and is much more comfortable.
I've read you can just take them off, wash them in cold water, and they'll be almost as good as new. I'd probably do it once a year if it were me.
^^^ I give them (all my headphones) a very through wipe down with microfiber cloths after every use, still look/feel like new and no need to remove the pads and really wash them. I learned my lesson from not following this on my M50s a few years back and the pads started flaking and cracking after a few months.
It seems like a lot of people have done it without any damage being done to them. There are a few threads on this:
Maybe if you used Woolite and the the hand wash cycle...
They will, I've done it before. Thrown them in with a load of laundry, let them air dry, and they're good as new.
- Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!!
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › V Moda M100s worth the upgrade from Audio Technica ATH-M50s? 19 seconds ago
- › Newbie needs advice thank you! 33 seconds ago
- › Everybody has different ears... but HOW DIFFERENT? 54 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 56 seconds ago
- › FS: Hifiman HE-500 MINT condition with new jergpads installed! 1 minute ago
- › SF Bay Area mini-meet 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › MAD Ear+ Purist HD appreciation thread. 2 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 2 minutes ago
- › Seattle Spring Meet @ BottleHeadquarters April 26,2014 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude