Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › What book are you reading right now?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What book are you reading right now? - Page 190

post #2836 of 3825

I recently finished reading Outside the Dog Museum by Jonathan Carroll. I have mixed feelings about it. There were parts of the book there were great but on the whole it wasn't quite as cohesive as I would have liked, and the ending was inconclusive. That being said, I thought it was an enjoyable read.

 

Thinking about reading Consider Phlebas by Iain Banks next.

post #2837 of 3825

Reading Ethan Winer's book on audio! Extremely informative and very aptly presented!

post #2838 of 3825

 

The "Click" won't work. I grabbed a frame from Amazon...Great Sci-Fi detective thriller

post #2839 of 3825

book cover of  The Reversal   (Harry Bosch, book 16) by Michael Connelly

post #2840 of 3825

“The Great Deformation: The Corruption of Capitalism in America.”

 

 

 

 

 

State-Wrecked: The Corruption of Capitalism in America

Mark Pernice

 

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31/opinion/sunday/sundown-in-america.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=opinion


Edited by Hi-Finthen - 3/31/13 at 6:34pm
post #2841 of 3825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Finthen View Post

“The Great Deformation: The Corruption of Capitalism in America.”

 

 

 

 

 

State-Wrecked: The Corruption of Capitalism in America

Mark Pernice

 

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/31/opinion/sunday/sundown-in-america.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=opinion

 

Stockman is an interesting guy. SUpply side economics and the trickle down theory. What did you think of the book?

post #2842 of 3825

Stockman is an interesting guy.

SUpply side economics and the trickle down theory.

 

What did you think of the book?

 

 

 

Enlightening historical inside perspective .

post #2843 of 3825

Just finished The Name of the Wind, and started Wise Man's Fear.  Really not sure what I think yet.

post #2844 of 3825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuroth View Post

Just finished The Name of the Wind, and started Wise Man's Fear.  Really not sure what I think yet.

Author ?

 

How about now - what do ya think, now  ;?)

post #2845 of 3825

post #2846 of 3825

Junot Diaz is an awesome writer -- this book reads a little like a Hispanic version of Catcher in the Rye.

post #2847 of 3825

For those who are fans of Iain Banks, he has been diagnosed with cancer and has a year to live. I'm gutted.

 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013/apr/03/iain-banks-gall-bladder-cancer

 

I have collected all his science fiction under the name of Iain M Banks. I feel I will now read the rest of his works.

post #2848 of 3825
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrQ View Post

For those who are fans of Iain Banks, he has been diagnosed with cancer and has a year to live. I'm gutted.

 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2013/apr/03/iain-banks-gall-bladder-cancer

 

I have collected all his science fiction under the name of Iain M Banks. I feel I will now read the rest of his works.

Yes, I read about this earlier(via BBC). Dreadful news, his cultureverse was one of my all time favourite sci-fi or fantasy universes. I would definately read his non sci-fi material as well, it's of the same high standard as all of his work. The Wasp factory is very...disturbing.

post #2849 of 3825
'Moral Disorder', Margaret Atwood
post #2850 of 3825

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › What book are you reading right now?