Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ] - Page 2

post #16 of 1495
Hey, 1 more update.
GE 6SN7 GTB - great sound, not one problem. very nice bass,mid, treble.
6SN7EH Electro-Harmonics - unfortunatley this tube has a little bit of a hum in one channel, so I didn't test it any more.
6SN7 (dont know the makker - do know it was made in 85 in Russia with military standarts, the logo proves it) - just like the GE, yet a bit different. the diffrence is so small, it took me 4 times of changing between the tubes to find it.

I think I will stick to the russian made military 6SN7, and will start looking for a power tube. Unfortunatley, the output tube is harder to find withput buying it.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #17 of 1495
Erm Fitz, can the DV use 6N13S power tubes? I thought only 6AS7s & 6080s? Sorry but pardon my ignorance. Looking for a power tube now, if 6N13s fit then more choice now.
post #18 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by jigster
Erm Fitz, can the DV use 6N13S power tubes? I thought only 6AS7s & 6080s? Sorry but pardon my ignorance. Looking for a power tube now, if 6N13s fit then more choice now.
The 6H13C/6N13S is just a Russian equivalent of the 6AS7 with slightly higher limits.
post #19 of 1495
One more update:
GE 6AS7 with black plates - the greatest difference a tube has ever made. The bass is just unbelivable. My K340's have more bass than I have ever thought they can. A very good tube, clear sound and great bass. Male vocals sound very good. Only weakness is the fact its smaller than the original tube in size, and because of that doesn't look as good.
post #20 of 1495
KT88: Is that results from tuberolling with Darkvoice 336i?
post #21 of 1495
I'm not sure I understand the question, can you please rephrase it?

Thanks
post #22 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT88
I'm not sure I understand the question, can you please rephrase it?

Thanks
I meant to ask if you are posting results from tuberolling the 336i...
post #23 of 1495
Yes. as can be seen in my posts I have mentioned in each and every one of them what tube is used, and what's the sound compared to the stock tube.
post #24 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by KT88
One more update:
GE 6AS7 with black plates - the greatest difference a tube has ever made. The bass is just unbelivable. My K340's have more bass than I have ever thought they can. A very good tube, clear sound and great bass. Male vocals sound very good. Only weakness is the fact its smaller than the original tube in size, and because of that doesn't look as good.
You mean the 6AS7GA? I have one but it's on its last limb and arcs over so I can't use it. I'm curious as to how it sounds now since you say that, but I can't possibly imagine getting any more bass than I already have with the W5000 without it turning into a fart cannon.
post #25 of 1495
this is pretty off the original thread, but How do one can distinguish 336 from 336i without just from the appearance, without opening it up?
post #26 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichifanlema
this is pretty off the original thread, but How do one can distinguish 336 from 336i without just from the appearance, without opening it up?
Interesting question. The original 336 and 2nd revision 336 are easily distinguishable by silver vs black, but I'm not specifically aware of any external changes from 336 to 336i.
post #27 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz
Interesting question. The original 336 and 2nd revision 336 are easily distinguishable by silver vs black, but I'm not specifically aware of any external changes from 336 to 336i.
Hmm .. your Fits Modded 336 is based on the original 336 right?
post #28 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichifanlema
Hmm .. your Fits Modded 336 is based on the original 336 right?
Yup. And AFAIK I was the only person on Head-Fi in possession of the original 336. Everybody else seems to have the factory-upgraded 2nd revision.
post #29 of 1495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitz
Yup. And AFAIK I was the only person on Head-Fi in possession of the original 336. Everybody else seems to have the factory-upgraded 2nd revision.
Well...the 2nd revision looks same comparing to the 336i.. so I was curious
post #30 of 1495
I was considering trying a Tube Amp but I had a question: When the Tubes die on this unit can replacement tubes be purchased in the States? Also, is it as simplie and removing the the old tubes and replacing them with new ones (in pairs according to the Sticky FAQ)? Can anyone give me a brief rundown on replacement procedures as I've been looking all over to get a clearer idea of how to replace them. Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ]