- 341 Posts. Joined 1/2008
- Location: Boston
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DarkVoice 336 vs. ASL MG Head OTL Mk III Last post on 8/13/10 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice 336 problems. Last post on 5/21/10 at 7:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Meier Corda Swing vs. darkvoice/figaro 336 Last post on 4/6/10 at 11:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII Last post on Today at 12:58 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 9/1/15 at 10:51am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
Background: I am not an audiophile, I just like to enjoy music in good quality. This writing is more like a collection of subjective experience and impressions rather than a professional review....
- Headphone Impedance
Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ] - Page 97
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wonder if that would help the new 332S owners that are experiencing hum?
La figaro revised the 332s, and the newer version has no hum at all. it took some time, but they fixed the hum issues.
Mine hums with almost all Russian tubes, with my 6F8G and with an RCA 6SN7GTB. Definitely want to do the Fitz mod. Just ordered a pair of Nichocon 35v/100uF "Fine Gold" capacitors off eBay.
(The 336SE is currently tubed with a 1960's Svetlana 6H13C and a Philco-branded Sylvania 6SN7GTB w/orange lettering. This combination is dead quiet and sounds wonderful: clean, detailed, balanced and dimensional.)
it's been a while since i was here. :P glad to see this thread is still going, going, and going...
right now my 336i has RCA JAN-CRC-6AS7-G and GE 6SN7 GTA. earlier it had 6H13C and Sylvania 6SN7 GT. really enjoyed 6H13C so when a chance presented itself i bought like 20 of them for about $2.5 apiece. :)
recently i 'accidentally' (if there was ever such a thing) bought a WA3+ from a fellow head-fier. having them side-by-side sure calls for a comparison: they both use 6AS7 (although a 5998 came as part of the WA3+ package) but WA3+ uses two 6922/6DJ8 at the front. i am still alternating among the growing number of amps. it is 'true' that 5998 shows more details and the sound is more clear/clean, but this is really not a better/worse comparision. it depends on your headphone of choice and the music you listen to.
no, i am not selling my 336i. :) meanwhile don't have funding for more tubes. :P instead of last year's one-set-up-a-week rotation i am adapting a longer listening period before rolling.
happy listening and tube rolling!
Edited by shiaokun - 7/28/10 at 4:17pm
i just bought my darkvoice 336se amp and i'm all ready looking to get some nos tubes, i don't really know where to start and looking at this 97 page forum makes my head spin lol. could somebody please recommend me some tubes. I'm not looking to break the bank but i could spend up to $50 on a tube
I would look in the "FS" forums here to see what tubes other head-fiers are selling. That might be easiest. What you want is one 6AS7G or 5998, and one 6SN7GT, -GTB, -GTA, or -WGT.
Cal, welcome to the 336 (i/se) tube-rolling thread. the great thing about the 336 is that it uses tubes that are easy to find and they are not expensive. of course if you want some fancy tubes there are out there...
on my 336i right now are two GE tubes: 6SNT GTB, 56-13, 188-5 and 6AS7 GA, 61-04, 188-5. the 6AS7 GA is a bit odd for me. this is the only 6AS7 in my collection that has a 6080 tube shape and not the usual 6AS7 bottle shape. any idea?
the sound is on the lean side. has a crispy feel. no hiss at all. :)
ended up spending three weeks with the GE 6AS7 GA. the first impression actually lasted. it's not exactly lean but just rather clean.
starting today: a Raytheon JAN6080WB. still the GE 6SNT GTB on the front.
the sound? the bass is clearly stronger. think this works better with Jazz/Rock/Blues.
- Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ]
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 48 seconds ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › My Review and unboxing of the JVC HA FX1200 2 minutes ago
- › Rhapsodio – A force to be reckoned with 3 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI PRIMACY Triple-Driver Hybrid IEMs 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › New from Garage1217, the solid-state Project Polaris! 5 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-E70, ATH-E50, ATH-E40 IEMs announced at NAMM 2016 5 minutes ago
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by faithguy19
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...