- 341 Posts. Joined 1/2008
- Location: Boston
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DarkVoice 336 vs. ASL MG Head OTL Mk III Last post on 8/13/10 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice 336 problems. Last post on 5/21/10 at 7:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Meier Corda Swing vs. darkvoice/figaro 336 Last post on 4/6/10 at 11:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII Last post on 4/8/15 at 11:15am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 5/7/13 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First off, I want to thank Brainwavz and Audrey for this BLU-100 unit. Packaging and Accessories I received the BLU-100 before its release and it came in the Brainwavz iem case without...
These have been the best headphones I have used for $99. For the few weeks they worked, it was amazing. Unfortunately, after a few weeks, the right earcup detached from the headband. They seem to...
It was a long time since I orignally intended to write this review as I wanted to check black Velvet in addition to the Crystal velvet I've had. You can find a lot of impression on Head-fi...
The ATH-CK9’s were purchased by me and I’m not in any way affiliated with Audio-Technica. Built and accessories: The ATH-CKR9 is a dual dynamic IEM featuring two 13mm drivers. The drivers are...
I use these IEM's at work and during travel, it's very easy to transport with the small metal case. It was difficult to achieve the good isolation, i tried 10+ pair of silicon cushions and i...
- Headphone Impedance
Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ] - Page 97
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wonder if that would help the new 332S owners that are experiencing hum?
La figaro revised the 332s, and the newer version has no hum at all. it took some time, but they fixed the hum issues.
Mine hums with almost all Russian tubes, with my 6F8G and with an RCA 6SN7GTB. Definitely want to do the Fitz mod. Just ordered a pair of Nichocon 35v/100uF "Fine Gold" capacitors off eBay.
(The 336SE is currently tubed with a 1960's Svetlana 6H13C and a Philco-branded Sylvania 6SN7GTB w/orange lettering. This combination is dead quiet and sounds wonderful: clean, detailed, balanced and dimensional.)
it's been a while since i was here. :P glad to see this thread is still going, going, and going...
right now my 336i has RCA JAN-CRC-6AS7-G and GE 6SN7 GTA. earlier it had 6H13C and Sylvania 6SN7 GT. really enjoyed 6H13C so when a chance presented itself i bought like 20 of them for about $2.5 apiece. :)
recently i 'accidentally' (if there was ever such a thing) bought a WA3+ from a fellow head-fier. having them side-by-side sure calls for a comparison: they both use 6AS7 (although a 5998 came as part of the WA3+ package) but WA3+ uses two 6922/6DJ8 at the front. i am still alternating among the growing number of amps. it is 'true' that 5998 shows more details and the sound is more clear/clean, but this is really not a better/worse comparision. it depends on your headphone of choice and the music you listen to.
no, i am not selling my 336i. :) meanwhile don't have funding for more tubes. :P instead of last year's one-set-up-a-week rotation i am adapting a longer listening period before rolling.
happy listening and tube rolling!
Edited by shiaokun - 7/28/10 at 4:17pm
i just bought my darkvoice 336se amp and i'm all ready looking to get some nos tubes, i don't really know where to start and looking at this 97 page forum makes my head spin lol. could somebody please recommend me some tubes. I'm not looking to break the bank but i could spend up to $50 on a tube
I would look in the "FS" forums here to see what tubes other head-fiers are selling. That might be easiest. What you want is one 6AS7G or 5998, and one 6SN7GT, -GTB, -GTA, or -WGT.
Cal, welcome to the 336 (i/se) tube-rolling thread. the great thing about the 336 is that it uses tubes that are easy to find and they are not expensive. of course if you want some fancy tubes there are out there...
on my 336i right now are two GE tubes: 6SNT GTB, 56-13, 188-5 and 6AS7 GA, 61-04, 188-5. the 6AS7 GA is a bit odd for me. this is the only 6AS7 in my collection that has a 6080 tube shape and not the usual 6AS7 bottle shape. any idea?
the sound is on the lean side. has a crispy feel. no hiss at all. :)
ended up spending three weeks with the GE 6AS7 GA. the first impression actually lasted. it's not exactly lean but just rather clean.
starting today: a Raytheon JAN6080WB. still the GE 6SNT GTB on the front.
the sound? the bass is clearly stronger. think this works better with Jazz/Rock/Blues.
- Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ]
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 1 minute ago
- › Seattle Secret meet 5/31/2015 3 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion + Tour Application... 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HM901S New Flagship DAP 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 4 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 5 minutes ago
- › Ultrasone Pro 2500 (open backed) 5 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 5 minutes ago
- › JDS Labs Element 6 minutes ago
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz BLU-100 Bluetooth IEMs by kova4a
- › Grado Labs SR80e by SeraphSolus
- › EarSonics Velvet by LMka
- › Audio-Technica In-Ear Headphones ATH-CKR9 (Japan Import) by peter123
- › Ultimate Ears super.fi 3 Studio - Headphones ( in-ear ear-bud ) -... by Lewzke
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by chowmein83
- › Alclair Curve by Brooko
- › Noble Audio Kaiser 10 by wofsie
- › Etymotic Research HF5 Portable In-Ear Earphones by Chiek
- › Noble Audio Savant by WCDchee
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2