- 341 Posts. Joined 1/2008
- Location: Boston
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DarkVoice 336 vs. ASL MG Head OTL Mk III Last post on 8/13/10 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice 336 problems. Last post on 5/21/10 at 7:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Meier Corda Swing vs. darkvoice/figaro 336 Last post on 4/6/10 at 11:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII Last post on 6/25/14 at 5:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 5/7/13 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
- Headphone Impedance
Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ] - Page 97
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wonder if that would help the new 332S owners that are experiencing hum?
La figaro revised the 332s, and the newer version has no hum at all. it took some time, but they fixed the hum issues.
Mine hums with almost all Russian tubes, with my 6F8G and with an RCA 6SN7GTB. Definitely want to do the Fitz mod. Just ordered a pair of Nichocon 35v/100uF "Fine Gold" capacitors off eBay.
(The 336SE is currently tubed with a 1960's Svetlana 6H13C and a Philco-branded Sylvania 6SN7GTB w/orange lettering. This combination is dead quiet and sounds wonderful: clean, detailed, balanced and dimensional.)
it's been a while since i was here. :P glad to see this thread is still going, going, and going...
right now my 336i has RCA JAN-CRC-6AS7-G and GE 6SN7 GTA. earlier it had 6H13C and Sylvania 6SN7 GT. really enjoyed 6H13C so when a chance presented itself i bought like 20 of them for about $2.5 apiece. :)
recently i 'accidentally' (if there was ever such a thing) bought a WA3+ from a fellow head-fier. having them side-by-side sure calls for a comparison: they both use 6AS7 (although a 5998 came as part of the WA3+ package) but WA3+ uses two 6922/6DJ8 at the front. i am still alternating among the growing number of amps. it is 'true' that 5998 shows more details and the sound is more clear/clean, but this is really not a better/worse comparision. it depends on your headphone of choice and the music you listen to.
no, i am not selling my 336i. :) meanwhile don't have funding for more tubes. :P instead of last year's one-set-up-a-week rotation i am adapting a longer listening period before rolling.
happy listening and tube rolling!
Edited by shiaokun - 7/28/10 at 4:17pm
i just bought my darkvoice 336se amp and i'm all ready looking to get some nos tubes, i don't really know where to start and looking at this 97 page forum makes my head spin lol. could somebody please recommend me some tubes. I'm not looking to break the bank but i could spend up to $50 on a tube
I would look in the "FS" forums here to see what tubes other head-fiers are selling. That might be easiest. What you want is one 6AS7G or 5998, and one 6SN7GT, -GTB, -GTA, or -WGT.
Cal, welcome to the 336 (i/se) tube-rolling thread. the great thing about the 336 is that it uses tubes that are easy to find and they are not expensive. of course if you want some fancy tubes there are out there...
on my 336i right now are two GE tubes: 6SNT GTB, 56-13, 188-5 and 6AS7 GA, 61-04, 188-5. the 6AS7 GA is a bit odd for me. this is the only 6AS7 in my collection that has a 6080 tube shape and not the usual 6AS7 bottle shape. any idea?
the sound is on the lean side. has a crispy feel. no hiss at all. :)
ended up spending three weeks with the GE 6AS7 GA. the first impression actually lasted. it's not exactly lean but just rather clean.
starting today: a Raytheon JAN6080WB. still the GE 6SNT GTB on the front.
the sound? the bass is clearly stronger. think this works better with Jazz/Rock/Blues.
- Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ]
- › Sennheiser IE 800 (2 weeks old mint condition, includes everything)... 2 seconds ago
- › Little Dot Tube Amps: Vacuum Tube Rolling Guide 13 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 44 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 47 seconds ago
- › MCINTOSH LABS INTRODUCES NEW HEADPHONE AMP MODEL MHA 100 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › What Headphone and Amp are you listening to right now? 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo 3 minutes ago
- › Tekfusion® Twinwoofers® In-Ear Headphones - Reviewers Needed! 3 minutes ago
- › Light Harmonic Geek Out EM/1000 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)