- 341 Posts. Joined 1/2008
- Location: Boston
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- DarkVoice 336 vs. ASL MG Head OTL Mk III Last post on 8/13/10 at 8:17pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice 336 problems. Last post on 5/21/10 at 7:43am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Meier Corda Swing vs. darkvoice/figaro 336 Last post on 4/6/10 at 11:38pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII Last post on Today at 7:45 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Darkvoice/La Figaro 336c or the 332c, 332s Last post on 5/7/13 at 6:43pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hi All, I have done a video review of Hifiman HM901. Thanks for watching :)
You can pay more for a dac alone and not do as well as the 105. You can buy a blue ray player for more and not do as well. Ditto for cd, sacd, and/or DVD players. Its audio preamps are as good as...
The 2014 Brainwavz S5: A Single Dynamic Driver IEM Specifications Found here: www.yourbrainwavz.com/s5.html No measurements for the S5 were available at the time of this...
SO, lets get on to it. The MTPC's are a pair of IEM's that are in a very akward position. It is quite pricy and rejected by the "purist audiophiles" that dislike the brand of Monster, due to...
Got these headphones in blue limited edition and first of all, I must say that they look absolutely fantastic. Sexy in style and design. Not only that, the sound is amazing too! High, mid lows are...
- Headphone Impedance
Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ] - Page 97
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I wonder if that would help the new 332S owners that are experiencing hum?
La figaro revised the 332s, and the newer version has no hum at all. it took some time, but they fixed the hum issues.
Mine hums with almost all Russian tubes, with my 6F8G and with an RCA 6SN7GTB. Definitely want to do the Fitz mod. Just ordered a pair of Nichocon 35v/100uF "Fine Gold" capacitors off eBay.
(The 336SE is currently tubed with a 1960's Svetlana 6H13C and a Philco-branded Sylvania 6SN7GTB w/orange lettering. This combination is dead quiet and sounds wonderful: clean, detailed, balanced and dimensional.)
it's been a while since i was here. :P glad to see this thread is still going, going, and going...
right now my 336i has RCA JAN-CRC-6AS7-G and GE 6SN7 GTA. earlier it had 6H13C and Sylvania 6SN7 GT. really enjoyed 6H13C so when a chance presented itself i bought like 20 of them for about $2.5 apiece. :)
recently i 'accidentally' (if there was ever such a thing) bought a WA3+ from a fellow head-fier. having them side-by-side sure calls for a comparison: they both use 6AS7 (although a 5998 came as part of the WA3+ package) but WA3+ uses two 6922/6DJ8 at the front. i am still alternating among the growing number of amps. it is 'true' that 5998 shows more details and the sound is more clear/clean, but this is really not a better/worse comparision. it depends on your headphone of choice and the music you listen to.
no, i am not selling my 336i. :) meanwhile don't have funding for more tubes. :P instead of last year's one-set-up-a-week rotation i am adapting a longer listening period before rolling.
happy listening and tube rolling!
Edited by shiaokun - 7/28/10 at 4:17pm
i just bought my darkvoice 336se amp and i'm all ready looking to get some nos tubes, i don't really know where to start and looking at this 97 page forum makes my head spin lol. could somebody please recommend me some tubes. I'm not looking to break the bank but i could spend up to $50 on a tube
I would look in the "FS" forums here to see what tubes other head-fiers are selling. That might be easiest. What you want is one 6AS7G or 5998, and one 6SN7GT, -GTB, -GTA, or -WGT.
Cal, welcome to the 336 (i/se) tube-rolling thread. the great thing about the 336 is that it uses tubes that are easy to find and they are not expensive. of course if you want some fancy tubes there are out there...
on my 336i right now are two GE tubes: 6SNT GTB, 56-13, 188-5 and 6AS7 GA, 61-04, 188-5. the 6AS7 GA is a bit odd for me. this is the only 6AS7 in my collection that has a 6080 tube shape and not the usual 6AS7 bottle shape. any idea?
the sound is on the lean side. has a crispy feel. no hiss at all. :)
ended up spending three weeks with the GE 6AS7 GA. the first impression actually lasted. it's not exactly lean but just rather clean.
starting today: a Raytheon JAN6080WB. still the GE 6SNT GTB on the front.
the sound? the bass is clearly stronger. think this works better with Jazz/Rock/Blues.
- Darkvoice 336 + 336i Tuberolling [ tubes ]
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 46 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Comparison: HD600, MA900, DT 150 and SRH840 1 minute ago
- › Help, need advice to find "right" headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your *Budget-Fi* Portable Rig (< $200) 4 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . Sound impressions . . . . . . . New... 5 minutes ago
- › The Member-Judged Fine Art Head-Fi Gallery 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 6 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 9 minutes ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 12 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 by piksnz
- › OPPO BDP-105 Universal Audiophile 3D Blu-ray Player by professor825
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by NA Blur
- › Monster Turbine Pro Copper In-Ear Headphones by TurbinePro
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by SMLeaves
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by wolfjeanne
- › Beyerdynamic DTX 350p Portable Headphones Brand New Black Free... by twister6
- › Sony MDR-CD 780 by mark235
- › EarSonics EM32 by Rollk2
- › JVC HA-FX101 by bonami2
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)