or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Should I Buy (and Play) World of Warcraft?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should I Buy (and Play) World of Warcraft? - Page 5

post #61 of 80
OP hasn't replied in ages...he's hooked.

I'll say...SUX to be him.
post #62 of 80
Guild Wars is great. No monthly fees, don't have to rely on 50 people to get top end gear. The classes are very balanced too so pvp doesn't suck, if you like pvp. There's lots of other positives going for it. The GW team is very innovative.
post #63 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by floydenheimer
Guild Wars is great. No monthly fees, don't have to rely on 50 people to get top end gear. The classes are very balanced too so pvp doesn't suck, if you like pvp. There's lots of other positives going for it. The GW team is very innovative.
I have played both and I like world of warcraft a bit better because the world is simply seamless the expansion is going to fix alot of the issues many are having with raiding and pvp by shrinking the size of raid parties down and reblancing classes. Guild wars is fun and looks really well and lower level quests fit into a much cohesive story but WoW is just so fun and well put together; you really are in another world when you play that game.
post #64 of 80
To me, if there's no point in it...if a game won't help you in some good way in real life, I don't see what the point is in playing it.

Thus, I play CS:S. Helps reaction times and hand-eye coordination, you can still chat with (real!) people via type and/or mic, and if you want to seriously get into it, you can form a clan and get into competitions for cash.

Tell me where you can earn money for playing WoW that much time of your life?
post #65 of 80
check ebay, people buy characters anywhere from a a few hundred bucks to as high as like 2 grand, i've had a friend sell 2 accounts for 5-800 each
post #66 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
To me, if there's no point in it...if a game won't help you in some good way in real life, I don't see what the point is in playing it.

Thus, I play CS:S. Helps reaction times and hand-eye coordination, you can still chat with (real!) people via type and/or mic, and if you want to seriously get into it, you can form a clan and get into competitions for cash.

Tell me where you can earn money for playing WoW that much time of your life?
x2

Try battlefield2 if you want something cooperative. This game is by far the one that requires the most teamwork, but in realtime, much like real life. You learn to listen to people and plan on the spot if you play seriously. The commander doesnt even play much FPS, but stays on his command screen and gives orders most of the rounds and if hes experienced, he can direct more than a dozen people all while timing artillery strikes that have a nasty delay, and doing it accurately. Ive got a bf squad and server if you're interested.. Plus theres a demo you can download that allows you to play online and sample it..
post #67 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by nysulli
check ebay, people buy characters anywhere from a a few hundred bucks to as high as like 2 grand, i've had a friend sell 2 accounts for 5-800 each
Ive seen farms where people would use their time and just work for someone, doing repetitive things for hours on end, for some pay, while the "owner" would sell the stuff online. I know one "owner" personally, and he actually scraps by a living off diablo junk..Id hate to see what happens to him when d dies off, wow dies off, and something else doesnt come up for a year...
post #68 of 80
eh when i played Dark Age Of Camelot, When i quit i had someone offer me 600 for my account... altho i turned it down. people will pay for these things...


To The OP

I hope he didnt get the game, i got it and bnoy ill tell you what it was fun as hell, till i got to like 3X then the Exp trickled in it could take me like a week of exping to get a lvl... thats when i realized that altho i wanted to get to 60 get beefed up and Multiplay in the battlegrounds etc.

it would take so long and so much work.... and that even after i hit 60 i was looking forward to a new month or two or even more of farming dungeons trying to get my artifacts(dont remember what there called in WoW), and on top of that have to participate in 60+ man raids for 6+ hours on the weekend to even be able to get an item thats when i said Forget this game.
EDIT
also the fact is if you want to get items and do things you need to get yourself a good guild and unless its changed that might not happen so easily
post #69 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
To me, if there's no point in it...if a game won't help you in some good way in real life, I don't see what the point is in playing it.

Thus, I play CS:S. Helps reaction times and hand-eye coordination, you can still chat with (real!) people via type and/or mic, and if you want to seriously get into it, you can form a clan and get into competitions for cash.

Tell me where you can earn money for playing WoW that much time of your life?
I sold my everquest ranger for $1200 about a year ago. He was the best geared ranger on the server at that time.
post #70 of 80
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by harkamus
OP hasn't replied in ages...he's hooked.

I'll say...SUX to be him.
Heheh...

I haven't posted as much because I'm pretty much done and happy with my headphones, but I still lurk the forum and post some useless stuff every now and then though.

But yeah, I am addicted to WoW already, too bad. I got two characters, the 1st one was on PvE server, and I played it til I was lvl 33, then started another (current) one on PvP server, and I am now level 57 warlock.

Leveling up is not that hard as I first thought or as many people think.
What I don't really like about this game is, it puts emphasise on gears, not skills or strategy. So basically if you are not prepared to spend your life in front of your pc, you will always get pawned by hardcore players.
post #71 of 80
You are 100% correct. The game is unfortunately very gear-biased, and gear comes not from skill or being good or lucky at the game, but from putting in LOTS OF TIME. This is crappy design, IMHO, but it's the way they did it.
post #72 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elec
You are 100% correct. The game is unfortunately very gear-biased, and gear comes not from skill or being good or lucky at the game, but from putting in LOTS OF TIME. This is crappy design, IMHO, but it's the way they did it.
I can handily beat most people with better gear in PVP simply because I know what I'm doing with my character. Yeah, the good gear's great, but it isn't end all be all as so many people would have you think.
post #73 of 80
Thread Starter 
Maybe on lower level, yes. It is still quite possible to beat people higher level or have better gears than you if you are more skilled.

But when you are talking about level 60 gears (those tier1,2,3 or whatnot), it will be just way too gear related.
Basically those epic wearing 60s will resist your magic/melee more often, hit or do crit more often than you, got more mana, got more stamina/health. No matter how good you are if your hit is resisted, you can't do nothing about it.

Of course, I can still beat 60s (I'm 57) if they are totally noob in PvP (especially against warlocks), but generally speaking, an okay player with epics will beat a good player with blues in level 60.
post #74 of 80
gear>skill in WoW and gear + skill = uber wow god.

I love counter strike source. Hopefully my clan will get out of cal-o this season and get into to cal-m.
post #75 of 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_mocok
Maybe on lower level, yes. It is still quite possible to beat people higher level or have better gears than you if you are more skilled.

But when you are talking about level 60 gears (those tier1,2,3 or whatnot), it will be just way too gear related.
Basically those epic wearing 60s will resist your magic/melee more often, hit or do crit more often than you, got more mana, got more stamina/health. No matter how good you are if your hit is resisted, you can't do nothing about it.

Of course, I can still beat 60s (I'm 57) if they are totally noob in PvP (especially against warlocks), but generally speaking, an okay player with epics will beat a good player with blues in level 60.
Dude, I've been playing the game for years now. I know what I'm talking about. Playing someone with better gear just means you have to be more on the ball and ready with a backup plan for any given move. We're agreeing to some degree, yes... it's certainly easier if your gear is better. But, to say they're unbeatable... well, you just need to get better.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Misc.-Category Forums › Members' Lounge (General Discussion) › Should I Buy (and Play) World of Warcraft?