Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Lehmann black cube Linear
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lehmann black cube Linear - Page 5

post #61 of 95

Yes the Lehmann does not help the HD800 with bass. However it does give it some punch. Not many people I guess have tired the Lehmann with the HD800. 

post #62 of 95

Not much love on Head-fi when it comes to Lehmann BCL. I see a lot of discussion on Matrix M-Stage (which is supposed to be a clone of BCL) and the Lovely Cube. But nothing much more than that. I wonder way?

post #63 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigy626 View Post

Yes the Lehmann does not help the HD800 with bass. However it does give it some punch. Not many people I guess have tired the Lehmann with the HD800. 
I got to hear the lehmann a few days ago with a pair of hd650's , hd700 and hd800. I was very impressed very neutral and no distortion at all. I really enjoyed the couple of hours of auditioning the bcl. The hd800 was nice but I really did prefer the hd650's & hd700. This may have been because the only music CDs near the amp was Jazz. But I think I'm going to buy it :-)
Edited by foreign - 9/26/13 at 11:20pm
post #64 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigy626 View Post
 

Not much love on Head-fi when it comes to Lehmann BCL. I see a lot of discussion on Matrix M-Stage (which is supposed to be a clone of BCL) and the Lovely Cube. But nothing much more than that. I wonder way?

 

People usually go with the Matrix M-Stage and Lovely Cube because of a massive price difference compared with the Lehmann Black Cube Linear. 

 

They use different components, so you will only be able to tell how good the "clone" is with a side by side comparison. 

 

I believe Sennheiser used the BCL to demo the HD800 when it was first being released, so it should be a decent pairing. I've heard them at a meet, and I have to say I'm really impressed with the sound the BCL puts out. 

post #65 of 95
I drove 4hours to audition the lehmann and 4 hours back home as I live in the country. I'm glad that the trip was worthwhile and again fantastic amp. If I could have auditioned it for longer I would have, I normally don't get to audition amps so before I purchased one I wanted to make sure I was making a wise choice.
post #66 of 95

Hi,

 

I recently purchase a BCL. Sometimes when turning off the unit, I hear a noise (like the "energy going out of the amp"), it is not a loud noise, and not always appear. 

 

Is it normal?

 

Thanks, 

 

Daniel

post #67 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel0407 View Post
 

Hi,

 

I recently purchase a BCL. Sometimes when turning off the unit, I hear a noise (like the "energy going out of the amp"), it is not a loud noise, and not always appear. 

 

Is it normal?

 

Thanks, 

 

Daniel

I'm not a owner but certainly I can help you out ....... is it the BCL USB ?

post #68 of 95

Hi MrTachAgent,

 

No, it is the version without USB.

 

Thanks for your reply,

 

Daniel

post #69 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel0407 View Post
 

Hi MrTachAgent,

 

No, it is the version without USB.

 

Thanks for your reply,

 

Daniel

Ahh sorry to say this but its not the BCL its your DAC which is causing the noise , a good source is very important before you start amplifying ........

post #70 of 95

Dear all,

 

I have another question regarding the BCL, and it is about the gain settings and the channel balance.

 

At the begining I though the DIP switches were for each headphone jack, so I ajust one at 20 dB gain, and left the other at 0dB. As a result I got channel imbalance (sound on only one side). After reading the manual, if I understand it properly, each pair of switches are for one channel, and not for one headphone output, so both shall be set to the same gain.

 

Questions.

 

Is it correct, that each pair of switches works for a channel and not for a headphone output, is it normal to have a very pronounce imbalance?

 

Best Regards,

 

Daniel

post #71 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel0407 View Post
 

Dear all,

 

I have another question regarding the BCL, and it is about the gain settings and the channel balance.

 

At the begining I though the DIP switches were for each headphone jack, so I ajust one at 20 dB gain, and left the other at 0dB. As a result I got channel imbalance (sound on only one side). After reading the manual, if I understand it properly, each pair of switches are for one channel, and not for one headphone output, so both shall be set to the same gain.

 

Questions.

 

Is it correct, that each pair of switches works for a channel and not for a headphone output, is it normal to have a very pronounce imbalance?

 

Best Regards,

 

Daniel


Yes. I did that once too lol

post #72 of 95

Many thanks for your answer!

 

Merry Christmas

post #73 of 95
I did not keep my BCL either, because I have a tube amp that I prefer.
To be fair to the BCL, it has to warm up quite a bit. I made the mistake to listen only a little and I immediately disliked what I heard. After leaving the amp on for a few hours, it started to sound really nice and smooth. But it always took a while to get to that point.
post #74 of 95

Mine's left on 24/7 and sounds great all the time :)

post #75 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by garysan View Post

Mine's left on 24/7 and sounds great all the time smily_headphones1.gif


 


Soundwise this is certainly good. Carbondioxide is another story.
Edited by mironathetin - 1/26/14 at 4:17am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › Lehmann black cube Linear