Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Roll Call for Team AKG
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Roll Call for Team AKG - Page 59

post #871 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamblinE View Post

 

 

I've heard/read/what-have-you that the K501 really gets the midrange right compared to the K701. Having lived with the K701 for a little while now I don't think it has that plasticy/artifical sounding highend that some reviewers claim it did.


I prefer the midrange of k501 to k701. It is a bit more relaxed. Anyway, the midrange of k701 is very nice indeed and easy to live with. I don't really understand the "plasticity" comments comming from some people. But, doesn't every headphone have a "tag" attached to it? smile.gif k70x are plasticky, HD6x0 are veiled etc. I cannot hear any of it.


Edited by muxamed - 1/26/13 at 3:10pm
post #872 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by preproman View Post

 

 

From Where???confused_face_2.gif

 

Oh, I found a pair here in Sweden. Almost unused,

post #873 of 1264

Hi Muxamed .

 

Just one post to say that my 70€ K501 is really in mint condition and that I'm currently listening to some jazz with it k701smile.gif ...

 

 

I really appreciate it biggrin.gif
 

post #874 of 1264

Wow.

 

Lot of pages...

 

 

 

My first pair of headphones are ATH-M50's. I figure they will work fine as "daily" cans because they are closed-back, (quiet) and pretty durable. For daily music, youtube, internet radio etc etc etc 

 

 

I'm considering the 702's paired with the Aune T1 amp. This would be for probably just nice music listening.  (Source: Laptop > .wav files > Foobar2K)

 

 

Thoughts on the combo?
 


Edited by Grevlin - 1/26/13 at 7:02pm
post #875 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post

Hi Muxamed .

 

Just one post to say that my 70€ K501 is really in mint condition and that I'm currently listening to some jazz with it k701smile.gif ...

 

 

I really appreciate it biggrin.gif
 


I am very happy for you. Very good price indeed. A steal as I said before. My k501 cost almost the double but anyway I think they were worth it. biggrin.gif

post #876 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grevlin View Post


 

Thoughts on the combo?
 

 

Joeq70 from Aune T1 thread said K701 sounds good with Aune T1 . My K501 sounds good too ;)

post #877 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxamed View Post


I think they were worth it. biggrin.gif

 

Definitely !

 

K501 compliment very well my two other favorite cans. With K501, Ultrasone Sig pro and hifiman he-400, I think i have the good, the bad and the ugly... biggrin.gif

post #878 of 1264
i own the AKG K142 HD, K501, K240 DF
post #879 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrodje View Post

 

Definitely !

 

K501 compliment very well my two other favorite cans. With K501, Ultrasone Sig pro and hifiman he-400, I think i have the good, the bad and the ugly... biggrin.gif

 

And which one is which? biggrin.gif

post #880 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by muxamed View Post

 

And which one is which? biggrin.gif

 

biggrin.gif

 

My favourite is my Sig pro . But for me  it's the Bad ( in french "La brute" = The Gross ) . Overall sound quality is exceptionnal to my ears and what i really love is the Impact , the energy of this Ultrasone. it can really punch your head whenever it wants. Nevertheless my SP knows to be smooth and stay always balanced/accurate but its a "gross".

 

he-400 is my "Ugly" (in french Truand = hoodlum) . Very good too but a bit too colored or artificial to my ears . Very engaging can which provides a very fun/exciting experience but less honest/accurate than the two other members of the trio.

 

K501 is  the good. It never lies or tries to dupe me . not the most shiny  but honest, comfy and .. good.

 

 

What I like with these different headphones, it's the fact they lead me to listen to different musics rolleyes.gif


Edited by Sorrodje - 1/28/13 at 3:18am
post #881 of 1264
Woo! Picked up some Sextetts for $75! f*** yeah! Lol

It was at $53, and I put in $75 as max bid, so I'm watching it count down, still t 53, I was about to crap my pants what a steal, then, at 7 seconds, some1 bid up to 68 frown.gif

So now I have:
- K240 MKii (Just got em back from my cousin in Belgium)
- K167
- K240 Sextett 600Ω
- Balanced Q701 (I replaced stock 3-pin XLR with a 4-pin and reterminated the stock cable)
post #882 of 1264

I just joined the team - got my 702's yesterday. The have been on my head or sitting with break in tracks since I got them. atsmile.gif

 

I friggin' love these things! dt880smile.png

 

 

So this is what I'm doing to break in. I found a 10min FLAC track of pink noise and a 1min track of silence. If I'm not listening to music, I have them on the stand with the two tracks pumping through them. So pretty close to 24 hours a day for maybe 13 days to get to the 300 hours.

 

- Does this sound about right?

 

 

 

 

Only 12 straight days of listening/pink noise left to go. blink.gif
 


Edited by Grevlin - 2/3/13 at 6:44am
post #883 of 1264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grevlin View Post

I just joined the team - got my 702's yesterday. The have been on my head or sitting with break in tracks since I got them. atsmile.gif

 

I friggin' love these things! dt880smile.png

 

 

So this is what I'm doing to break in. I found a 10min FLAC track of pink noise and a 1min track of silence. If I'm not listening to music, I have them on the stand with the two tracks pumping through them. So pretty close to 24 hours a day for maybe 13 days to get to the 300 hours.

 

- Does this sound about right?

 

 

 

 

Only 12 straight days of listening/pink noise left to go. blink.gif
 


http://www.simplynoise.com/ Better option for break in, let it play for however long you want, give it about a 1 hour break for every 8-10 hours on. :D

post #884 of 1264

Refer to my profile picture!

 

Those are AKG K840KL, a very comfortable wireless headset.

It had a harsh sound, but I still loved its wireless capability.

happy_face1.gif I hope that was good enough to be in team AKG

post #885 of 1264

currently

K240 Monitor 600ohm

K240 Sextett LP 600ohm

K141 600ohm back here for pad repairs from a pal I gave them to

K140 Vented 600 ohm

 

sorely tempted by the style of that new 142. Could stare at that thing all day.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphones (full-size) › Roll Call for Team AKG